Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Yes, Install patch 1.52. Allthough you may have a 1.52 installation allready patch 1.52 has a higher build number than the 1.52 version you get when you buy OA.

Xeno

Thanks for this - will go and try it now and report back

Xeno,

i am currently using v2.22

- when a support building gets destroyd, i try to repair it, but it doesn't repair for some reason, none of the buildings.

- is there some way you can impliment the option to repair the air radar in base after it has been destroyed?

Grts, and Tx

Dorph;1695723']Mhq without M2 keeps newcommers from using is as attackvehicle driving it into hotzone' date=' but some passenger seats wouldnt hurt.[/quote']

The only options are:

1) HMMWV Ambulance. BIG negative is lack of armor protection it offers and is very fragile.

2) UN M113 Ambulance. BIG negative is not having any room for weapons and ammo, and being tracked it's very slow.

3) Stryker MEV. No negatives except have absolutely no gun. I'm hoping it will carry "passengers" eventually in a patch, but not for Domination reasons.

4) Stryker CV. BIG negative is having too powerful gun with too much ammo and FLIR, making it an assault vehicle in the wrong hands. I would have loved to see this (or a new variation of it) with a smaller gun but maybe equipped with a laser designator instead (FIST vehicle).

5) LAV-25 HQ. BIG negative is not being OA standalone content. Other than that, it is just about perfect with its puny M240.

I have a couple questions that I hope someone much more knowledgable than me can answer :)

1. How can I eliminate the spawning of OPFOR D30s, or replace them with something else?

2. How can I replace the enemy camps with another structure or object? Same with radio tower?

3. I've got all my main targets put on a map (zargabad), but can't seem to figure out how to make a parameter like east/west route, and if I delete the current main targets, the time changes to midnight and the AOs never spawn.

Can anyone shed some light on this situation, hopefully where I can find the files and step by step, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!

EDIT:

1. Still not resolved

2. Found it in the missions folder/x_server folder in the x_createsecondary.sqf file. I was able to change the object as well as the marker name on the map, but can't find out how to change the text "enemy radio tower spotted" portion.

3. still not resolved.

Edited by Durka-Durka

hey,anyone can help me out where to find the list of air vehicles handling the autokick?

i added a AV8 to the mission,sadly the "airkick"timer does not effect it - i know i need to add the AV8 to a list handling it ... but where do i find it

its kinda useless its being the only air vehicle accessable from Minute1 on mission start

Thx in advance

Lift chopper can lift only some vehicles, can i change it ? I want to lift HMMWV with MG or any APC...

Lift chopper can lift only some vehicles, can i change it ? I want to lift HMMWV with MG or any APC...

just a few pages back

You need to add them to d_helilift1_types in i_client.sqf. Just look for the proper list and add the class name for that vehicle type in there.

And please, where i can find main mission texts (artilery observers, radio tower and other...)

Yes, Install patch 1.52. Allthough you may have a 1.52 installation allready patch 1.52 has a higher build number than the 1.52 version you get when you buy OA.

Xeno

Thanks for this - will go and try it now and report back

EDIT:

Just to let you know updating to the beta patch fixed the "unable to complete repairing vehicle issue" - Thanks Xeno

Does any know what has happened to the parachutes ? A lot of people get stuck when landing, in arma2 there was a menu option "eject" when this happened but this is gone in OA. Also empty chutes are allover on the ground.

I'm looking for ways to edit the messages that pop up from "Crossroad." Does anyone know where I can exit the text of those messages, mainly the one about the radio tower being spotted and the enemy camps being spotted? Thanks!

I'm looking for ways to edit the messages that pop up from "Crossroad." Does anyone know where I can exit the text of those messages, mainly the one about the radio tower being spotted and the enemy camps being spotted? Thanks!

x_bikb\domkb.bikb or domkboa.bikb depending on which version you want to edit.

@Durka-Durka:

1. D30s are placed as part of composition objects.

2. Get yourself a decent text editor that is able to search in files. Search all files and directories within a mission directory for the text you're looking for. In some cases you may want to find the classname for which to base your search on. Either look it up on the web or do a hint format ["%1", typeOf myObject];

3. Are you using -showScriptErrors? Not changing from midnight is a clear indication to me that a script is failing (could be due to lack of inputs to it).

Dorph;1697547']Does any know what has happened to the parachutes ? A lot of people get stuck when landing' date=' in arma2 there was a menu option "eject" when this happened but this is gone in OA. Also empty chutes are allover on the ground.[/quote']

in the 2.22 version you can choose in the parameters if you want the new halo or old halo jump,

use the new one and you won't have that problem anymore.

at least i dont :)

Thx Green - but i like best the old one :) - and it was the old one that earlier had the "eject" possibility.

x_bikb\domkb.bikb or domkboa.bikb depending on which version you want to edit.

^ = Lifesaver

1. D30s are placed as part of composition objects.

2. Get yourself a decent text editor that is able to search in files. Search all files and directories within a mission directory for the text you're looking for. In some cases you may want to find the classname for which to base your search on. Either look it up on the web or do a hint format ["%1", typeOf myObject];

3. Are you using -showScriptErrors? Not changing from midnight is a clear indication to me that a script is failing (could be due to lack of inputs to it).

1. Does this mean they can't be taken out? If they can, where would I find the composition objects? The x_server/x_createmaintarget.sqf?

2. I've got notepad, but i have to open each file to search. Will WORD Do it?

3. Where should I put -showscripterrors? In the properties on start up?

Guess you know the MG nest placed by Player is Useless?

Cant place em on slopes. Not even a hint of slope..

Should be able to do that..

2. I've got notepad, but i have to open each file to search. Will WORD Do it?

Try Notepad++ is free and is awesome. (You have the option to search in files/directories too)

Im not sure if it is a problem on my end or if its on domination's end, and if its been asked 100 times already my bad, but i notice there is no ghillie suit for snipers no matter what squad they join?

it used to be all but bravo squad had the suit, did xeno just not get around to editing the correct sniper role? or is it something i havent unlocked in single player/training?

if its domination side, could we get a fix if possible, i love the suit and without it i feel naked :(

OA Only 2.24 Release

Some changes, see changelog.

The OA version still uses only OA content so all players can play it and not only those who have ArmA 2 allready.

Changelog:

• Changed, replaced UH60 with UH1, only one lift chopper now (CH47), wreck chopper is now a UH60 MEV
  • Changed, house patrol removed again, probably causing performance problems after some time
  • Changed, secondary main target mission units (officer for example) will die after some time once the rest of the target is cleared and they can't be found
  • Changed, Specops at the specop camp side missions will (hopefully) return to their camp when they are about 400 m away from the camp
  • Changed, value adjusted again for getting an air vehicle as a sidemission reward
  • Added, ordered routes available again
  • Added, new server lobby parameter called "Sidemissions only", no main targets then, only sidemissions (and no bonus vehicles for solving sidemissions !!!), default is No
  • Added, new server lobby parameter to disable enemy artillery spotters at main targets, default on
  • Changed, new server lobby parameter for illumination over main targets, disabled now as default
  • Added, new server lobby parameter do disable player names shown above head. Default in all non ACE versions is on
  • Fixed, BIS HALO does not broadcast animations over the net
  • Added, engineers can now also build a FARP
  • Changed, parachute check for old HALO reactivated again (gives the player an option to eject out of a parachute if he is stuck on the ground in the chute)
  • Changed, you now only have to destroy the convoy vehicles in a convoy sidemission
  • Added, more sidemission (45 currently)
  • Added, missing weaponcargo for the ACE ranked version
  • Changed, new HALO is now default (and not the old one)
  • Added, ACE West Ranked version
  • and as usual some more changes

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

The mission package now includes the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- West Ranked

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

- East Ranked

- West ACE

- West ACE AI

- West ACE Revive

- West ACE Wounds

- West ACE Ranked

- West MANDO

One more thing...

You don't have to ask me to modify Dom, just do it. You can even release modified versions of Dom without asking me. There are more important things in life.

I won't answer to mails regarding modifying Dom, my time is to limited, sorry.

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I just did the first mission with "sidemission only = on" and it was the specops campament. They were right there, but after the firefight i approached the camp and thought that maybe one of them escaped. I went back to the chopper and flew in circles a few times with AI gunners ready to engage at will, but no one was in the surroundings. Mission not complete :S

Edited by Vixente

I just did the first mission with "sidemission only = on" and it was the specops campament. They were right there, but after the firefight i approached the camp and thought that maybe one of them escaped. I went back to the chopper and flew in circles a few times with AI gunners ready to engage at will, but no one was in the surroundings. Mission not complete :S

Yeah, what a stupid bug. Have forgotton to add a then in an if statement :P

Will update soon.

Edit... Ok, 2.24 with the fixed sidemission available at dev-heaven.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno