Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Dorph;1693648']There is something wrong i Doomi that needs fix. First rewards from sidemissions are 90% vehicles - linebreakers m1a's - very few choppers/planes. Heavy vehicles are mostly useles for other than defending base due to:

1. The large distances between towns (cant be lifted with choppers)

2. The way city-targets apear even if est/west/south/complete ordered are set om server.

Today i tried to use an m1a - i never reached target-town before it was done -same on next target :)

Could the target-towns be set like the were before OA' date=' close after each other if set to ordered on server.[/quote']

Perhaps what is wrong is that you can lift a Stryker MEV in the first place? Not even a CH47 Medium Lifter can lift that heavy loads. Lifting tanks? Insane... The game mode is simply too fast, as you just experienced. It's just not fun anymore when the "general public" have already cleared a target by the time you get there. I've given up vanilla Domination on public servers completely.

I dont say that i want m1a's to be lifted - i just would like the serversettings - "complete ordered / south route / east route / west route" to be like they were intended to. There is some compromises in domi in regards to realism and thats how this mission is, and lots like it.

On the other hand if u can respawn to hq it not going to spoil the gamerealism for me if the m1a could be lifted. I just want the tracked vehicles to be a part of this mission.

I cant even get them to follow me.:smash:

Isnt there a tutorial that explains how to make your AI do things?:icon_idea:

Try this - select some AI after recruiting them and then hit the number 6 or number 4. Those two menus are where you order the AI to do stuff. Pressing 4 usually presents options to have them mount nearby vehicles. The number 6 is used to do other things like interact with the MHQ, recruit more AI (Yes, you can have the AI recruit more of themselves on your behalf). Wish I knew how to fix the MHQ problem. Had a similar issue in the 17A2 version of Dom where I ordered them to interact with something while I was in a chopper and the error I got back was that I couldn't do it because I was flying. Again, the code should let the AI do whatever it is you're asking it to but theres a bug of some sort as the errors imply that you yourself are trying to interact with the MHQ for example and I'm no where near it - which is why I asked the AI to interact with it. Xeno, do you know how I can fix this? Running 22A2 with OA (latest beta patch)

Dorph;1693648']There is something wrong i Doomi that needs fix. First rewards from sidemissions are 90% vehicles - linebreakers m1a's - very few choppers/planes. Heavy vehicles are mostly useles for other than defending base due to:

1. The large distances between towns (cant be lifted with choppers)

2. The way city-targets apear even if est/west/south/complete ordered are set om server.

Today i tried to use an m1a - i never reached target-town before it was done -same on next target :)

Could the target-towns be set like the were before OA' date=' close after each other if set to ordered on server.[/quote']

you can edit wich vehicles can be lifted in the client.ini file.

look for

d_helilift1_types

the copy this to the right line:

case (__OAVer): {
	["M1133_MEV_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","LandRover_CZ_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","M119_US_EP1","M2A2_EP1","M2A3_EP1","M6_EP1","MLRS_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Avenger_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998A2_SOV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_M2_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_MK19_DES_EP1","HMMWV_TOW_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Terminal_EP1","M1126_ICV_M2_EP1","M1130_CV_EP1","M1129_MC_EP1","M1128_MGS_EP1","M1126_ICV_mk19_EP1","M1133_MEV_EP1","M1135_ATGMV_EP1","SUV_UN_EP1"]

(that's about every humv or stryker/apc in it.)

maybe not all realistic, but i second that the tusk or normal tank is too heavy for lifting. and opens up possibilities for all players in the server.

i had some awesome battles just on my own with 16 ai and some vehicles at night.

In furture releases of DOM is there going to be the implementation of having the stuff you put into your backpack actually save when you get revived or respawn? i browesed some of the threads not all and didn't see any mention of this part.

Hello, i have a little problem when i translating Domination to my language.

When i translate side mission text from english to czech in game i get only "New sidemisson:" and this is all.

I edit texts in x_missions/moa

Edited by Vircz

i have vista 64 bit. Is it different. i go here. and all my folders are empty.

C:\Users\Matt\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\-=UGF=-Specter\Saved\mpmissions

Hi

on my win7 64

I look in here and find the downloaded server maps

C:\Users\whateveryourname\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache

I just tried the AI ACE WEST version of DOM for OA and I was unable to get the AI to deploy the MHQ. Message said that it could not be deployed at the base. I was at the base but the AI was 5000 meters away from me at the MHQ. Worked fine in the older version I play.

The check is done for the player (vehicle player in triggerlist). Trying to find a better solution for it.

co@30_Domination_2_22A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan and co30_Domination_2_22A2_West_AI_OA.Takistan, and both versions of the map exhibit a steady fps loss in every enemy occupied urban area.

Should be fixed in the next version (most likely caused by the house patrol script, it's gone again).

Hi there

Is there a way to turn off the main missions and just keep side missions and random patrols?.

Thanks for your work.. :)

I've allready implemented it. Will be available as a parameter in the server lobby in the next version.

Means, you then can start Domi without main targets and only play sidemissions. One thing though, you won't get any bonus vehicles :)

I want to add at least 10 new sidemissions before a new release.

I've increased the chance for getting air vehicles as bonus again. Maybe I'll add a parameter to make it changable.

Since version 2.17 we are not able to rebuild our chopper support building' date=' wreck repair building, jet service building and the vehicle service building. We are using version 2.21 currently on our server and we are still unsure how to make this feature work again.

[/quote']

Hm, last time I checked it (after 2.20) it was working fine. Any chance to get server and client RPTs ?

In furture releases of DOM is there going to be the implementation of having the stuff you put into your backpack actually save when you get revived or respawn? i browesed some of the threads not all and didn't see any mention of this part.

What backpacks are you talking about exactly ? The BIS backpacks ? If you are talking about the BIS backpacks, then no, it's not possible. There are no scripting commands to get the content of backpacks.

Hello, i have a little problem when i translating Domination to my language.

When i translate side mission text from english to czech in game i get only "New sidemisson:" and this is all.

I edit texts in x_missions/moa

Correct folder. Yet hard to say what might go wrong without seeing your changes. Do you have one example ?

Xeno

Example of translation (x_m0.sqf):

// by Xeno
private ["_vehicle", "_poss"];
#include "x_setup.sqf"

x_sm_pos = [[8036.37,6174.79,0]]; // radar tower on Gur Dur
x_sm_type = "normal"; // "convoy"

#ifdef __SMMISSIONS_MARKER__
if (true) exitWith {};
#endif

if (X_Client) then {
d_current_mission_text = "Radarova vez na hore Gur Dur. Najdete ji a znicte ji.";
d_current_mission_resolved_text = "Dobra prace. Radarova vez na hore Gur Dur je znicena.";
};

if (isServer) then {
__Poss
#ifdef __OA__
_vehicle = "Land_Ind_IlluminantTower" createvehicle (_poss);
#else
_vehicle = "Land_telek1" createvehicle (_poss);
#endif
_vehicle setVectorUp [0,0,1];
#ifndef __TT__
[_vehicle] execFSM "fsms\XCheckSMHardTarget.fsm";
#else
[_vehicle] execFSM "fsms\XCheckSMHardTargetTT.fsm";
#endif
sleep 3.21;
["specops", 2, "basic", 3, _poss,50,true] spawn XCreateInf;
__AddToExtraVec(_vehicle)
};

I just edited:

if (X_Client) then {
d_current_mission_text = "There is a radar tower on the top of mount Gur Dur. Find it and destroy it.";
d_current_mission_resolved_text = "Good job. The radar tower on top of mount Gur Dur is down.";
};

Example of translation (x_m0.sqf):

Hm, that one looks totally ok.

Maybe you have used a special char like ' in another sidemissoin ?

Could you create a ticket @dev-heaven (see my sig) and attach your mission there ? Thank you.

Xeno

Quote:

Originally Posted by pillpopper123

Hi there

Is there a way to turn off the main missions and just keep side missions and random patrols?.

Thanks for your work..

I've allready implemented it. Will be available as a parameter in the server lobby in the next version.

Means, you then can start Domi without main targets and only play sidemissions. One thing though, you won't get any bonus vehicles

Totally groovy , nice one Xeno

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to make the Show Player Names on by default in V2.21 (the blue name above players head)

Can turn it on in the Show Status settings box ..but would be nice to have it on at join new players forget or dont know it's there

Thanks

PS: Great work Xeno

Dorph;1693808']I dont say that i want m1a's to be lifted - i just would like the serversettings - "complete ordered / south route / east route / west route" to be like they were intended to.

Here is what you do:

1) Create your own "series" of targets, say i.e. for a 6-8 "target run".

2) Replace the default random order with a new number, and call it "random ordered".

3) When the default value is used, instead of "generating a random list of targets", pick a random pregenerated ordered ones.

Maybe Xeno can make a new option to choose; "Random from list below" where all the ordered lists are. You can then just put in any new order you want. Maybe even supply it to Xeno and he could put it in together with the other options there. If not, it's not a hard thing to update for each new version. I did this in Dominatrix (which is where these "ordered lists" originate from) for Arma1 and had no problems implementing my own lists into each new Domination version.

Since there (most likely) won't be any MHQ lifting (only HMMWVs and M119s, no planes or tanks, more infantry oriented) in my version (was Domino, now DominOA :p), I'm considering scrapping the "compete randomized" thing completely. No teleporting either, but you can respawn at MHQ (but loong timer).

Dorph;1693648']

Forgot to mention that I've added ordered routes for Takistan allready some days ago for the next version ;)

Currently only additional new side missions are missing and I want to replace the UH60 in the west version with some huyes and there will be only one lift chopper (CH47) and one wreck lift chopper in the next version (like Carl suggested in a dh ticket, and no, no unit changes yet. Have started with it but it won't be in the next release).

Xeno

Currently only additional new side missions

As part of our TvT Taki port, Bushlurker and I have put a lot of the side missions on Takistan. Do you want me to send you the files to give you a head start?

huys would be awesome,

love them much more then the bh's. Give you kind of a vietnam feeling :)

already put a couple on my version and everyone seems to use them instead of the bh's aswel. good call, Xeno.

only 1 liftchopper might be a bit too few, but i would give it a try.

Would be happy with 2 tho' :rolleyes:

Xeno, could you possibly change the Stryker MEV HQ into the one that has an M2 mounted on it? The reason I ask is because the current MHQ doesn't allow for passengers and an M2 would be perfect for a certain degree of protection while driving the HQ from one place to the other..

Xeno, could you possibly change the Stryker MEV HQ into the one that has an M2 mounted on it? The reason I ask is because the current MHQ doesn't allow for passengers and an M2 would be perfect for a certain degree of protection while driving the HQ from one place to the other..

Just change it in the editor, making sure the vehicle keeps the same name. The mission scripts take care of everything else apart from telling the lift choppers they can lift the new MHQ. So, find the variable in i_client called d_helilift1_types and add the classname of the M2 Stryker to the array.

Mhq without M2 keeps newcommers from using is as attackvehicle driving it into hotzone, but some passenger seats wouldnt hurt.

Can anyone help me with this - When I stop a vehicle on the rearm/refuell point I get the "refuelling vehicle please wait..." message and the engine stops just fine. But then nothing the vechicle seems to get stuck and is unable to complete the refuell/rearm process.

We are getting this error when we load Domination OA West Revive on our Dedi server

_magazines = _object magazinesTurret _thisTurret;

if (!alive...'

Error missing ;

qf, Line 54

thanks in advance for any help

Can anyone help me with this

Yes, Install patch 1.52. Allthough you may have a 1.52 installation allready patch 1.52 has a higher build number than the 1.52 version you get when you buy OA.

@Tankbuster, please create a ticket at dh and attach your new sidemission there, thank you.

Xeno