Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Downloaded mission files are located in here:

C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSACCOUNTNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

i need a tutorial on mando, lol.

cant figure out the functions of the blackhawk :D

i have notcid the new javelin,

but i have some options in a blackhawk aswel (love the groundcam btw)

anyone has a tutorial on mando, or someone can explain me the basics pls?

thx

Most of the time, the system is well documented, you have the needed keys explained on the HUD and sometimes, like for the Maverick launching interface, you have access to help by pressing F1.

Do you have specific questions?

I can give you information about AH-64 Maverick and A-10 Paveway laser guided bombs.

The rest I don't use that much.

@ Xeno: I encounter some smaller bugs while playing yesterday.

1: There's a sidemission where you've to take care of some Takistani SpecOps but if you don't get to the location very fast the SpecOps will start roaming around the map. This means you've to search them all around the area and if one or more hide well you'll never be able to finish this mission.

2: Wreck Repair, Chopper and Jet Service constantly "hang up" after a couple of time so no services are available and wrecks will just pile up on the repair point for example.

3: Lifted vehicles have the tendency to bounce of the ground and then crash into the lifting helicopter or will just become wrecks.

Downloaded mission files are located in here:

C:\Documents and Settings\WINDOWSACCOUNTNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

i have vista 64 bit. Is it different. i go here. and all my folders are empty.

C:\Users\Matt\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\-=UGF=-Specter\Saved\mpmissions

1: There's a sidemission where you've to take care of some Takistani SpecOps but if you don't get to the location very fast the SpecOps will start roaming around the map. This means you've to search them all around the area and if one or more hide well you'll never be able to finish this mission.

Which version ?

2: Wreck Repair, Chopper and Jet Service constantly "hang up" after a couple of time so no services are available and wrecks will just pile up on the repair point for example.

3: Lifted vehicles have the tendency to bounce of the ground and then crash into the lifting helicopter or will just become wrecks.

What addons are you using beside OA ? (Server and client)

Plus RPT file of both please (dh ticket, you can attach the files to the ticket).

(That's why having the RPT files is allways a good thing, makes it easier to identify problems)

Xeno

Which version ?

co30 DomiOA! West Revive [2.17]

What addons are you using beside OA ? (Server and client)

Plus RPT file of both please (dh ticket, you can attach the files to the ticket).

(That's why having the RPT files is allways a good thing, makes it easier to identify problems)

No addons at all (server and client). It's not my server but I'll ask if I can get the RPT.

Most of the time, the system is well documented, you have the needed keys explained on the HUD and sometimes, like for the Maverick launching interface, you have access to help by pressing F1.

Do you have specific questions?

I can give you information about AH-64 Maverick and A-10 Paveway laser guided bombs.

The rest I don't use that much.

in the blackhawk i saw a key for firing a missile, but when i press it nothing happens?

what can you tell me about ah-64 an A-10?

Do i laser the bombs in a normal way for A10 (true laser marker)?

What exactly is different in the mando mission?

i'm trying to figure out if what the advantage and disadvantage is between the normal domi and the mando mission before i start editing. I tried to look for some info, but only found some videos, none of arrowhead tho'.

i will keep testing the differences, but any feedback is welcome.

I know its not in the spirit of Dominai. But I was thinking of editing OUT the enemy AI.

I would like to make the mission Team vs. Team. The objective system would still remain the same. So for instance. when the "destroy radiotower" objective came up, we would no longer fight enemy AI. We would fight the other team. actual players.

Where would I start?

I Started to work on a mission called...

"Dominai East vs West"

-I copied EVERYTHING from East AI and pasted it on West AI.

-changed East players to playable.

-Added mission files, then saved to multiplayer

:( Its kinda broke as I expected it would be.

As East I noticed

-The starting camera had to go all the way to the other side of the map to find my player.

-The lift didnt work

-I couldnt find my AI barraks.

As West I noticed

-AI worked fine. Barracks was there, and I created AI.

-The camera worked normal.

-Couldnt make it to the helicopter, Somehow I was forced into death. and when I respawned, I spawned in the middle of no where.

Can anyone help with this mission. I know I may be going about this the wrong way. Im pretty new to editing. But I have learned alot with editing arma2.

Edited by SpecterM

what can you tell me about ah-64 an A-10?

Do i laser the bombs in a normal way for A10 (true laser marker)?

To fire a guided missile from the Apache when you're alone in it (driver + gunner):

Keep in mind that the missile has something like between 4 and 5 kilometers of effective range.

Just fly towards your objective till you get a radar contact with armored targets (top left corner).

That means that you will more likely have the same contacts in the missile firing interface, that you access through the menu (Mando missiles menus are bright blue, it's the first one in the Apache).

What I do is once I get a contact, I just engage the autopilot to stay at the same position. I set the throttle to keep the same altitude.

I access the interface via the menu (mouse wheel).

There, the mouse will allow you to scan for targets. There will be green squares around them. Just aim at the center of one square and press the LEFT mouse button.

If the lock is successfull, the interface will beep. That means you can fire one missile (one is enough).

Always keep visual contact and stay locked on target until missile impact.

Then proceed to your next target.

You can also lock on a position (just left click somewhere the missile will impact there).

-------------------------

For the A-10, it's more or less the same procedure except that you can't hover and keep your position (obviously). And the other difference is that it is bombs we're talking about here. So, you need to fly more or less towards your target (the bomb is self guided so it can really go left or right quite a lot).

Same procedure for locking targets as in the Apache.

Hope it helps :)

tx a lot slowest, now i know the procedure somewhat it is a bit easier to find out all other options.

only some questions left tho':

why mando instead of other versions?

because of the different missilesystem only?

We can do about the same in the normal version, so @Xeno: why did you decide to put mando in?

might help me decide if i should use this mode.

sry if these seem stupid questions, just trying to figure out the new toy.

never used mando in arma2.

find out how to use everything now,

and i like it, it's kind off harder now, wich is always a plus.

Tx Xeno for implimenting this mission, nice change of toys.

I just tried the AI ACE WEST version of DOM for OA and I was unable to get the AI to deploy the MHQ. Message said that it could not be deployed at the base. I was at the base but the AI was 5000 meters away from me at the MHQ. Worked fine in the older version I play.

Also noticed that I cannot call for airdrop or arty. Is that something special with the ACE version? I selected the first guy in the slot when joining the game like always so I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't a certain class of character. Please advise.

is there anyway to optimize "customized" Dominations - because i notice my "edited" version runs on start by 13 FPS@server,goes down to 2 FPS@server on 4th town ...

Im kinda curious if all the changed units/vehicles and deleted Player spots in the "mission.sqm" leaves unnecessary room anywhere in the Domination files so it will affect performance of the mission

I kinda towned Dom down to fit better on a 12 player server

Also,where/how can i set the parameters fix to my likings so i m not stuck to changing the parameters everytime the mission gets loaded/played again?

Thx in advance

Also noticed that I cannot call for airdrop or arty. Is that something special with the ACE version? I selected the first guy in the slot when joining the game like always so I'm not sure if it was because I wasn't a certain class of character. Please advise.

You need a radio pack. Grab a PRC-77 or PRC-119 from the ruck box.

Also,where/how can i set the parameters fix to my likings so i m not stuck to changing the parameters everytime the mission gets loaded/played again?

Load up description.ext in notepad. Make sure you reload your mission again after saving changes to that file.

Xeno,

Great thanks for continuing to develop your Domi maps. I have been hosting them for my squad since Arma 1.

Recently I started hosting the co30_Domination_2_19A2_West_AI_OA.Takistan and most things worked great (with the exception of some magazines not moving to backpack).

Presently I tried hosting co@30_Domination_2_22A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan and co30_Domination_2_22A2_West_AI_OA.Takistan, and both versions of the map exhibit a steady fps loss in every enemy occupied urban area. The FPS start great and then slowly degrade over time just from running around town for some time. To quote some numbers, I started at 43fps and after 30min to an hour I was at 18fps from simply running around all over a nearly empty village.

I confirmed that this is not caused by ACE, nor is it caused by the official BETA's. It is not caused by any mods I run either.

I also confirmed that the co30_Domination_2_19A2_West_AI_OA.Takistan map does not suffer from this issue.

co30_Domination_2_22A2_West_AI_ACE_OA.Takistan also suffers the same.

Can you please look into this problem?

Great thanks!

Edited by Seaweed

Xeno,

Thank you for the hard work on this MP mission. So far, its been fun.

Couple of bugs we saw on the 2.22 version of the vanilla West mission with current beta OA.

First, when done clearing a town, the mission did not move on to the next. Also, when at the airfield, we were being overrun and unable to do anything but defend.

While defending, we were shooting but hitting nothing but a 'wall' that seemed to not only hide us, but kept our bullets from hitting the enemy. We were able to see the enemy, but unable to shoot them, and saw fragments flying off of the front of our weapons like we were shooting again, into a wall. Also, we could hear ricochets.

Take care.

Edited by Amarak

Xeno,

Thank you for the hard work on this MP mission. So far, its been fun.

Couple of bugs we saw on the 2.22 version of the vanilla West mission with current beta OA.

First, when done clearing a town, the mission did not move on to the next. Also, when at the airfield, we were being overrun and unable to do anything but defend.

While defending, we were shooting but hitting nothing but a 'wall' that seemed to not only hide us, but kept our bullets from hitting the enemy. We were able to see the enemy, but unable to shoot them, and saw fragments flying off of the front of our weapons like we were shooting again, into a wall. Also, we could hear ricochets.

Take care.

That's the respawn protection zone, bullets and projectiles from outside hit it like a wall, and anything fired inside just stops as soon as exiting the barrel.

Yer move more than 25m away from flagpole and the wall-effect is not there. And if the "kick for shooting in base" is enabled on server, dont shoot in base unless its marked as enemy in base (red on map). Sometimes players gets kicked for standing in base shooting at enemys outside base.

I just tried the AI ACE WEST version of DOM for OA and I was unable to get the AI to deploy the MHQ.

I cant even get them to follow me.:smash:

Isnt there a tutorial that explains how to make your AI do things?:icon_idea:

Hi there

Is there a way to turn off the main missions and just keep side missions and random patrols?.

Thanks for your work.. :)

I cant even get them to follow me.:smash:

Isnt there a tutorial that explains how to make your AI do things?:icon_idea:

hm no, i don't think so.

but they are explained quite good in the bootcamp.

i got used to it just by using ai a lot and try each of them.

remember that if they are in 'battle mode' (red targetmark) they take their time for completing the command.

most important when using ai's is: patience:p

That's the respawn protection zone, bullets and projectiles from outside hit it like a wall, and anything fired inside just stops as soon as exiting the barrel.

Ah, got it. Thank you for that. I was wondering :D

There is something wrong i Doomi that needs fix. First rewards from sidemissions are 90% vehicles - linebreakers m1a's - very few choppers/planes. Heavy vehicles are mostly useles for other than defending base due to:

1. The large distances between towns (cant be lifted with choppers)

2. The way city-targets apear even if est/west/south/complete ordered are set om server.

Today i tried to use an m1a - i never reached target-town before it was done -same on next target :)

Could the target-towns be set like the were before OA, close after each other if set to ordered on server.

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can answer this question for me as I've been unable to find the answer.

Since version 2.17 we are not able to rebuild our chopper support building, wreck repair building, jet service building and the vehicle service building. We are using version 2.21 currently on our server and we are still unsure how to make this feature work again.

Was that ability dropped from Domi2 or do I need to enable it in the code somewhere?

Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Laz