Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

(be aware that the MANDO version has ~7 MB because it's using the mando missile script suite)

Note that thanks to Defunkt ppa optimizations, today's release MMA 2.4b8 script suite is around 4.3MB in size.

Can someone direct me to some help? Maybe a how to tutorial on how to control my AI. It never seems they do what I command them to do. Or maybe my understanding of what they are commanded to do is wrong?

Oh, I had an airdropped box that froze my game on version 2.22.

I don't even want a 2nd artillery, would be good if 1 artillery gets devided between the operators only.

Agreed on that. That's why I changed it for my own version. RESCUE1 will have the artillery, RESCUE2 will have the air drop ability (and no magic M119 coming from nowhere), and my only spotter will have the second artillery but which is now reduced to mortars instead.

But I also go further and have:

* One CH-47 (too much firepower to have many of) lifter (only MHQ [under review], trucks, HMMWVs and M119s, nothing else).

* One UH-60 MEV wreck lifter.

* Two UH-1H "old school squad aerial transports" (can't lift, but fun as hell! :D). These two will autorespawn if not used, after some time.

* One reserved use MH-6J.

* One reserved use AH-6X (sniper/recon team).

Minigun equipped UH60 is now an award.

d_reserved_slot = "bravo_6";

Thx for clearing up.

Does the parameters "west route, south route (shuld be north), east route, complete ordered,

work any more ???

They are quite important i think as heavy vehicles like m1a will take way too long to drive from town to town when towns are random.

Last question, what exactly does the parameter "Salvage cargo capacity" do ?

Agreed on that. That's why I changed it for my own version. RESCUE1 will have the artillery, RESCUE2 will have the air drop ability (and no magic M119 coming from nowhere), and my only spotter will have the second artillery but which is now reduced to mortars instead.

But I also go further and have:

* One CH-47 (too much firepower to have many of) lifter (only MHQ [under review], trucks, HMMWVs and M119s, nothing else).

* One UH-60 MEV wreck lifter.

* Two UH-1H "old school squad aerial transports" (can't lift, but fun as hell! :D). These two will autorespawn if not used, after some time.

* One reserved use MH-6J.

* One reserved use AH-6X (sniper/recon team).

Minigun equipped UH60 is now an award.

how did you change the arty?

How am I able to change the MHQ from a Stryker MEV to an ICV with an M2 mounted on it? I've done it in the editor itself, and everything seemed to work.. The only problem is that I can't load ammo boxes at the Ammo point.

I made no changes, except for changing the MEV to an ICV.

@Dorph:

It changes the number of static weapons the salvage engineer truck can hold.

@RT. Green Label: Search and replace any occurance of RESCUE2 (assuming no call compiles are left over from before) in relevant (you don't want to do a file search & replace, lol - trust me, it will fail :D) scripts. I see now that only one .hpp is used (was more trivial before with two), but if I want to use the same dialog (with other options for mortars) I'll just add some idc's and check "who called" the script and show/hide relevant info (did it this way when I added Combat Jumps, using the same resource). Same for the firing scripts, check who calls and make the needed adjustments.

Oh, I had an airdropped box that froze my game on version 2.22.

It's a bug in OA which was fixed in OA beta patch 72107.

You have to start OA with the beta patch as long as there is no new official patch available to get rid of the ammobox freeze problem.

Beta patches are available here:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

[72094] Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox

Xeno

Thanks xeno.

Would anyone know why when i add an attack helicopter, the manual fire doesnt work. It spits then dies. I did find that if I stick an AI in the gunner seat, the manual fire works fine.

Anyone know what I need to change to turn off the arty & air drop, for all players except Rescue Op. in AI version?

As post SpecterM says, I too find this a problem! Also where has the crosshair gone when using rockets in manual fire!

@RT. Green Label: Search and replace any occurance of RESCUE2 (assuming no call compiles are left over from before) in relevant (you don't want to do a file search & replace, lol - trust me, it will fail :D) scripts. I see now that only one .hpp is used (was more trivial before with two), but if I want to use the same dialog (with other options for mortars) I'll just add some idc's and check "who called" the script and show/hide relevant info (did it this way when I added Combat Jumps, using the same resource). Same for the firing scripts, check who calls and make the needed adjustments.

tx for the support, carl.

grtz

Dorph;1689146']Does the parameters "west route' date=' south route (shuld be north), east route, complete ordered,

work any more ???

They are quite important i think as heavy vehicles like m1a will take way too long to drive from town to town when towns are random.[/quote']

Just checked, East route doesn't seem to work and start at random location.

@Xeno: Would it be possible to add a parameter to "lock all vehicles at base" by default?

It's kind of annoying for the admin to lock them at every mission start.

Lifting Tanks. What do I need to do?

I researched, but the results I found were for arma2.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousB View Post

I would love to know how to define vehicles to show up as wrecks as well

Just place them in the editor and add the vehicle type/class name to x_heli_wreck_lift_types in i_common.sqf.

For example, place the following at the end of i_common.sqf just before };

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = x_heli_wreck_lift_types + ["MV22"];

to add a MV22 Osprey. Don't add a respawn script or anything else to the vehicle.

You can find the A2 class names here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73241

Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousB View Post

The other question I had is, I added a Chinook and I can't find where to define it as a lift chopper. And I was also wondering if I could create a heavy lift chopper category for this for lifting tanks as well.

Just replace one of the MH60 Blackhawks with the Chinook. Be sure that it has the same variable name (ch1 to ch4).

You'll allmost find no init lines in objects/vehicles getting used in Dom just because I use a slightly different approach to initialize objects.

Reason is, all objects that you place in the editor get spawned and the init lines get processed when the mission starts.

But, once a JIP (join in progress) player joins all those init lines get send to the JIP player too, which can cause lags. And for stuff that should only run on the server that is not necessary.

Please, don't hesitate to edit or change the mission to your needs. Some things/scripts in it might look a little bit weird and hard to understand, but it is no voodoo magic

Xeno

@SpecterM:

check previous pages, i asked the same question.

look in i_client.sqf for d_helilift1_types

then add the vehicle in the correct line of the correct side.

than it should be able to lift the tank you want with the lift choppers.

What did I do wrong, it didnt work.I added "M1A1", to case and default lines.

#endif

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__

switch (true) do {

case (__OAVer): {

["M1133_MEV_EP1","HMMWV_DES_EP1","HMMWV_M1035_DES_EP1","MTVR_DES_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_DES_EP1","MtvrReammo_DES_EP1","MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1","MtvrRepair_DES_EP1","LandRover_CZ_EP1","HMMWV_Ambulance_CZ_DES_EP1","MtvrSalvage_DES_EP1","M119_US_EP1"]

};

case (__ACEVer): {

["M1A1","LAV25_HQ","HMMWV","HMMWV_Armored","MTVR","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair","ACE_MTVRRepair","ACE_MTVRReammo","ACE_MTVRRefuel"]

};

default {

["M1A1","LAV25_HQ","HMMWV","HMMWV_Armored","MTVR","HMMWV_Ambulance","MtvrReammo","MtvrRefuel","MtvrRepair"]

};

Try to add it also in the case (__OAVer) array.

(OAVer = Operation Arrowhead version)

(ACEVer = if ACE addon is detected)

(default= I don't know)

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I have a question myself.

I modified the mission to have 2 AH-64 and an A-10 from start. (if you want to check how it's done, just connect to GTR-Online.com server from the lobby, it will download the mission file)

But when I land on the Chopper service area, the Apache is emptied of all fuel and it is not rearmed in Maverick missiles.

So, I have to destroy the "empty" AH-64 every time so it respawns fully armed.

Any idea?

Slowest. !!! Yes I have the same issue. Does your manual fire not work either.

bTW. i figured out the lift tanks stuff.

Manual fire works fine here, but I'm using the Mando missiles scripts version of the mission, so I guess it's much different.

The Mando missiles is a must-try. It's a real pleasure with the Apache in these mountains !

I modified the mission to have 2 AH-64 and an A-10 from start. (if you want to check how it's done, just connect to GTR-Online.com server from the lobby, it will download the mission file)

But when I land on the Chopper service area, the Apache is emptied of all fuel and it is not rearmed in Maverick missiles.

So, I have to destroy the "empty" AH-64 every time so it respawns fully armed.

Any idea?

ya, solved the problem with using an old reload.sqf from arma 2 domination

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

also a question,

i need a tutorial on mando, lol.

cant figure out the functions of the blackhawk :D

i have notcid the new javelin,

but i have some options in a blackhawk aswel (love the groundcam btw)

anyone has a tutorial on mando, or someone can explain me the basics pls?

thx

ya, solved the problem with using an old reload.sqf from arma 2 domination

The problem is that you are using a wrong 1.52 version which misses some commands that were introduced in the 1.52 patch.

Some versions (like mine) were allready at 1.52 when I bought it via Metaboli but patch 1.52 had a higher build number than what was sold. So after using patch 1.52 my install had the same build number as the patch again.

I think the same is true for the Steam version.

Xeno

When I join servers, the missions thats downloaded for me is an empty folder.

Is there stuff in side I cant see?