Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Good news for the ammobox freeze problems...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577#note-48

2.18 Download removed. It had a small problem with the respawn script. It's fixed allready (some more problems fixed too).

I'll release 2.19 as soon as the new OA beta patch is available.

Please ask questions concerning server setup in the MP part of the forums. Thank you.

Xeno

Beside mostly bugfixes I've added the option to add a reserved admin slot (disabled by default), talking about the upcoming 2.19 version.

Just add the unit string to d_reserverd_slot in i_client.sqf (for example d_reserverd_slot = "RESCUE";).

What happens then is, that when a player connects and choses the slot he gets a message as soon as the intro is over that he has 20 seconds to log in as admin.

If he doesn't do that, he will be kicked automatically.

Also added:

- if a player places a satchel at base, the satchel gets removed immediately and the player kicked

- too much shooting at base (number of shots can be chosen in the server lobby, default 5) = kick

Xeno

Is that adjustable? I've accidentally placed satchels at the base. lol (and safely disarmed them)

Beside mostly bugfixes I've added the option to add a reserved admin slot (disabled by default), talking about the upcoming 2.19 version.

Just add the unit string to d_reserverd_slot in i_client.sqf (for example d_reserverd_slot = "RESCUE";).

What happens then is, that when a player connects and choses the slot he gets a message as soon as the intro is over that he has 20 seconds to log in as admin.

If he doesn't do that, he will be kicked automatically.

Also added:

- if a player places a satchel at base, the satchel gets removed immediately and the player kicked

- too much shooting at base (number of shots can be chosen in the server lobby, default 5) = kick

Xeno

All sounds nice m8, especially the reserved slot.

Glad you not given up on us yet!

Xeno

You mean friendly kill at base?

We need to protect our base, so killing enemy should be not the problem. But yes... auto kick if friendly kill or hit at base, kick and ban :D

I would assume that its not just shots with a weapon or Domination would break down, lol. In OA they seem far more rabid in attacking the base than they ever did in A2. I've seen armor columns move in and paradrops rights above the spawn...

I would assume that its not just shots with a weapon or Domination would break down, lol

When enemies are inside the base only players with the name Murklor are kicked ;)

Xeno

When enemies are inside the base only players with the name Murklor are kicked ;)

Xeno

I'm sure I will have "accidentally" tossed grenades at all players with the name Xeno and been kicked way before that ;)

Sidenote: Is saving/restoring of OA backpack items fixed in 2.19? I'm still being driven insane when it reset to default.

Xeno and been kicked way before that ;)

Pssst, OA keys from kicked player are also logged into the server rpt (plus name and reason for kick), but don't tell anybody.

Sidenote: Is saving/restoring of OA backpack items fixed in 2.19? I'm still being driven insane when it reset to default.

OA backpacks are removed at mission start for now until either we get more control over them or there is another solution. Code to restore them is allready in (not the content as it is simply not possible because of missing script commands, but at least the backpack itself).

And every time I've joined a server (non Dom server the same) floating backpacks around ammoboxes, bah.

Xeno

OA backpacks are removed at mission start for now until either we get more control over them or there is another solution. Code to restore them is allready in (not the content as it is simply not possible because of missing script commands, but at least the backpack itself).

And every time I've joined a server (non Dom server the same) floating backpacks around ammoboxes, bah.

Aww, but I need them for my M32 ammo :(

I hope BIS fix them soon. You'd think it would be fairly easy to destroy them on drop (eliminates backpacks littering the landscape) and add script functions to add/remove items from a units backpack.

For some reason the default loadout is just retarded. One class, I think its Grenadier, has two M107 mags in pack. Why???

For some reason the default loadout is just retarded. One class, I think its Grenadier, has two M107 mags in pack. Why???

Because Macgyver is their Squad Leader.

Brilliant. Something I've been wanting to put in myself, although for a new commander slot (the "ugly" one with no pouches) with no specials whatsoever.

Also added:

Also very nice. But hopefully "base under attack" is under control? I played a little public Domination the other day but the gameplay was a little weird so I went base defense instead (since nobody else could care less about it and complain like mad when buildings got destroyed). Just me and a CROW HMMWV M2, and I quickly topped the scoreboard from camping a hilltop alone. Worked fine until an enemy tank spawned right on top of me. Had some Dragon ammo in vehicle but blew my chance. Now I find myself all alone against a tank, with no weapons. Managed to get away and took refuge in the village near the base. Tank got killed but now enemy specops were searching for me, and nobody wanted (or could) help out. Decided to make a run for it after about 30 minutes of hiding, but I couldn't outrun the bullets. Had to leave the game after that, I was too damned exhausted.

But, point being this: It shouldn't be that easy to camp around using a rather simple vehicle (M2 accuracy combined with thermal is bloody extreme :D) and enemy had absolutely no means of countering it, despite being high in numbers.

So, a suggestion; get rid of the observers, and make ALL enemy AI able to use artillery and/or mortars (mortar positions around side missions as well). Arty (but not mortar) support on main targets can be controlled with the radio tower. Mortar support, check for any mounted mortars in the area. Perhaps base attacking AI have their own mortar support at least. But, make it a bit more fun and survivable as well. Use an inaccurate HE or smoke spotround first - the next one will have greater impact. Choose mortar against infantry, apicm against large number of infantry or light vehicles, and HE against APC and other armor. Who should call it in? Basic detection trigger. If enemy group has an actual squad leader, they could call it in (let's assume he is the one with the radio or authentication codes). The further the distance, the more likely arty/mortar will be used, but also the less accurate it will be.

Just throwing off some ideas here. Some of it already done in Domino, and I'm way behind schedule on upgrading to new version (non ACE so far, and have only done platoon setup and weapons selection so far).

Good news for the ammobox freeze problems...

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577#note-48

2.18 Download removed. It had a small problem with the respawn script. It's fixed allready (some more problems fixed too).

I'll release 2.19 as soon as the new OA beta patch is available.

Please ask questions concerning server setup in the MP part of the forums. Thank you.

Xeno

Xeno, I am having troubles with the ammo boxes in version 2.17. You mentioned you removed 2.18. What can I do to fix the ammo boxes in 2.17?

Sorry, im reading the logs and If I understand correctly it seems BI is now getting involved to patch it and thats why your waiting for your next release?

Edited by SpecterM
Im new.

In the new OA version of this, what files and where in said file would i have to edit to remove the camo netting from the vechiles.

Also what files and parts of said file, would i need to edit to add in more Artillary/rescue unit, and add in more Squad Leaders?

Any help would be muchly apprieacted, I did try and search and the best option for my second question was just to move exisiting units around, but i don't want to do that.

thanks in advance.

Woodstock

I belive its has been said here that next ver of doomi wil be out after next bi beta patch. When next bi beta patch will be out only bis knows (my guess is today or tomorrow).

New beta patch is available... 72107

[72101] Fixed: 3D editor - creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)

[72100] Fixed: Unit in vehicle could not open gear in map.

[72094] Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox

[72084] Fixed: No volume drop on distance with weapon click, car horn and etc. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11689)

[72035] Fixed: EEIncomingMissile event parameter

2.19 release in a few minutes... Checking it first :)

Edit: Checked it, no more freeze. Server version doesn't matter, you just have to use the latest OA beta as a client.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

What's command/variable should I change to make sure you're not getting kicked when you shoot at the main base?

OA Only 2.19 Release

Mostly bug fixes and some new admin stuff added (see my last posts in the thread). 2.18 action menus missing after respawn also addressed.

I've also rewritten the routines which create the random positions for units at main targets and side missions. Hope it adresses the AI und vehicles spawning in buildings problem.

The OA version still uses only OA content so all players can play it and not only those who have ArmA 2 allready.

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

The mission package now includes the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- West Ranked

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

- East Ranked

- West ACE

Also added again, dom_maker folder with build scripts, the dev folder itself (it still uses co40_Dom.... as name, doesn't matter) and Domination Tactical Guide from [KH]DaOrage.

One more thing...

You don't have to ask me to modify Dom, just do it. You can even release modified versions of Dom without asking me. There are more important things in life.

I won't answer to mails regarding modifying Dom, my time is to limited, sorry.

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Search in the parameters, it is at the bottom.

Thanks, found them. :)

Edited by Infinity101

Euhm, the patch doesn't work on my pc,

it says it can't find OA installed on my pc...

could it be because i installed OA in a different folder than arma2?

nvm , fixed it by reinstalling OA in the same folder as arma2

good job, Xeno :)

as always.

Edited by RT. Green Label