Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Could you somehow do a Combined Ops version of this mission, where you get to fight both takistan and russian/chedaki enemies or us army/usmc at the same time. Id lke to have access to the Arma 2 weapon in takistan as im missing the M16A4 acog and F35B in takistan :), and being attacked by kamovs ;). MAny people who play arma 2 on the server I go on ahve both AO and Arma 2 and would probably appreciate a combuined version with all factions

And this would prevent anyone with OA-Only from joining, thereby alienating all of the new players. If you wish to do this, you would essentially limit the player pool back to the 'old' arma2 pool, which was pretty low a month ago. So it's your own choice if you want to block out all the new people. (more people for us OA-Only servers!)

I doubt Xeno will assist in providing something that ultimately segregates the MP community.

Xeno, what were the issues that caused the player count to be lowered to 30, too much lag? What do you think has changed in OA? I was looking for some technical discussion about it on the DH waves, but there was none. :)

Edited by oktane

;1672567']Yep' date='similiar issue here... Accidentaly stopped the tank at service... Gave me a meassage that the tank is being serviced and that's all... Waited for like 10 mikes and still nothing...[/quote']

I have been looking in depth at Xeno's resupply script and it is throwing some strange errors. However after investigation, it appears that this is not Xeno's fault, there appears to be a problem with the new Turret methods (BIS's end of things)

See here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11740

Anyone that could vote and or help reproduce the issue would be greatly appreciated! The faster we can get the bug fixed the faster we can get Domination back in order.

As a quick workaround, just download an older Dom OA version and replace the x_reload.sqf script.

Xeno

Xeno if I wanted to write a custom script (sqf) that needed to know what the current sidemission number was which variable name would I use. My example;

call compile format["[z%1] call DAC_Deactivate",current_mission_index];

This does not seem to work do I need to use

_current_mission_index

or

__XJIPGetVar(current_mission_index)

:banghead:

Thanks

__XJIPGetVar(current_mission_index)

which is

(X_JIPH getVariable "current_mission_index")

__XJIPGetVar is just a macro.

call compile format["[z%1] call DAC_Deactivate",X_JIPH getVariable "current_mission_index"];

Though nobody should use call compile format anymore because it is simply slow as hell.

Does

[missionNamespace getVariable format ["z%1", X_JIPH getVariable "current_mission_index"]] call DAC_Deactivate;

work ?

And why do you use x DAC zones instead of deactivating one zone, move it to the new mission and activate it again ?

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Can someone tell me how I would enable enemy markers? I'm running a modified version of Domi for Arrowhead on a dedicated server with the description.ext to suit my play-style but for the life of me I cant figure out a way to enable enemy markers. Do they only appear in cadet mode or something? I don't believe I specified the difficulty level in my server config or anywhere else so maybe whatever it defaults to disallows this?

Been having a great time playing this solo with the AI. They do what I tell them for the most part but there's a few things that I cant explain like when I set base sabotage to NO and things still randomly attack the base. Often times I'll get messages that my chopper service or something was destroyed and that I should rebuild it but I dont see any ruble anywhere. Not sure what was destroyed in that case.

One other thing I noticed is when you command the AI to interact with the MHQ, it would be nice if they would teleport instead of you. I had one of the AI interact with the MHQ and selected teleport and the next thing you know I had teleported from where I was. Seemed odd. Not sure what caused it. Similarly, I gave the AI orders to interact with the MHQ while I was in a chopper flying around and I ordered them to load the ammo box into the stryker but instead got a message saying that I needed to be closer to the ground. I guess the script got confused and thought that I was maybe trying to load the chopper. Would be great if there was a way to fix that.

Thanks Xeno for the fabulous map. Having bumped up the max number of AI to 16 or whatever the max is actually allows us solo players to have fun.

Xeno, apparently the issue with your script is fixed in 1.52.71816 of OA, however steam users (and dedicated servers) are stuck on 1.52.71612, and as such, I don't think those scripting commands work in the 71612 build.

Once everything gets patched up to 1.52.71816 it should work fine.

Ah, didn't know that steam users are not at the same version yet :(

Xeno

Hi,

my first post on this forum.

been playing arma for years now, but only recently got myself involved with editing etc., still in the learning fase tho' :D

First, Xeno,

you did a marvelious job with creating these dominations maps for everyone to use and edit. Respect for all your efforts into it.

Now,

am i the only one that misses IED's in the domination in OA?

(I know there are addons for it, and i will look into it to merge that with existing domination versions.)

First time i played OA and drove up a road in takistan i expected an IED or suicide car bomber driving up to me any second, but nothing... during the whole game..

Is it in any way possible to add these in later versions?

I think it will definitely increase the gameplay for everyone, and gives the class engineer an all new meaning.

Greetz

RT. Green Label

Ah, didn't know that steam users are not at the same version yet :(

Xeno

With this knowledge, I worked around the problem with the beta patch! :eek:

Cheers!

Yup, looks like things should be working on beta patches, now we just wait for the release of the patch and new dedicated server files...

hey xeno

im using some of your old scripts you gave me a lonnnng time ago from your first domi release, mainly the heli service scripts and im having some issues with the in operation arrowhead...not sure if its me or just something not working with oa...

but any time i land on the service pad it triggers the service just fine and it reloads etc , repairs, and refuels...but after the service is complete, whether or not you start or just sit, after about 1 minute the heli just dissapears and reappears back at the spawn point.... which if your sitting on the ground it aint bad you just end up on the pavement on your feet but if your in the air well you fall to your death... can you take a look at these files and tell me if you see anything wrong... the text files are what i actually have in the aircraft and trigger files... the sqf files are included to verify those....

thankssssss

http://www.indyhelis.com/junk/wingtipsfiles.zip

XENO: "And why do you use x DAC zones instead of deactivating one zone, move it to the new mission and activate it again ?"

Very good question! :rolleyes:

That works perfect!

Thanks

"Ammobox Freeze" Hotfix urgently needed BIS!

Currently rendering domination unplayable :confused:

Hello, I've got a little question:

For now, if I'm the first on my server, I can set the parameters.

But once the server is empty, it resets and all settings are back to default.

Or if I'm not the first one logging in, I can login as admin, but can't change parameters, even after restart.

Is there a way to write all those settings in the server.cfg ? If so, how?

Thanks !

any thoughts on my issues i posted xeno?????? would love to fix this later this evening so i can continue on the mission build

Put

persistent=1;

in your server.cfg.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/server.cfg

But it is not a question that belongs into the Dom thread :)

Xeno

Yes, but I'd prefer it to be "server empty = game restarted, but with same settings".

Thanks for the answer, though. (I know about the persistent setting)

(and I've tried to post this question in other places but no answer)

You need to change the default settings for the parameters so that it always starts up with those settings.

Look in description.ext

Is there a way to adjust the bonus vehicles you get after a bonus mission?

If so, where?

I also would like to lock the choppers and planes for my clanmembers only,

any advice in that direction would also be appreciated.

Why Laser Designators does not work in Domination? Example if we get AH1 bonus air vehicle, one player as pilot and other as gunner, Cant log hellfire missiles to anywhere, they just fly where heli is directing.

We use ACE2. Funny thing is that this happens only for Bonus vehicles, if i add AH1 in base whit editor, save mission, run it in dedi server -> Dada, laser WORKS! But bonus vehicles, not and this is bad ;)

Any help would be nice!

Is there a way to adjust the bonus vehicles you get after a bonus mission?

If so, where?

Unpack the mission and look in i_common.sqf for a variable called sm_bonus_vehicle_array

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Why Laser Designators does not work in Domination? Example if we get AH1 bonus air vehicle, one player as pilot and other as gunner, Cant log hellfire missiles to anywhere, they just fly where heli is directing.

We use ACE2. Funny thing is that this happens only for Bonus vehicles, if i add AH1 in base whit editor, save mission, run it in dedi server -> Dada, laser WORKS! But bonus vehicles, not and this is bad ;)

Any help would be nice!

Don't know about ACE2, don't use it, but in vanilla game, the Hellfires can only be designated by the aircraft launching them. Use LGB for proper laser designated targets.

You need to change the default settings for the parameters so that it always starts up with those settings.

Look in description.ext

Thanks !

Where can I find that file? Can't find it

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

Found it :)

(I had to extract the pbo content)

Thanks again, Tank !

Another question while I'm here:

Is the Apache available in OA content?

Is it possible to have it in this Domi mission when I'm on Steam and that Combined operations doesn't work (in case the AH-64 is Arma 2 only)