Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

It also happens in other missions with editor placed ammo boxes.

The same code is running fine in ArmA 2 but not in OA anymore. And no problem in SP/editor, only in MP.

Like I allready wrote, it seems that there is some code in OA now that tries to synchronize ammo boxes over the network. But, the Dom boxes are locally crated (createVehicleLocal) on each client (even on JIP clients) because it makes it easier to handle what's in a box and what not. And that sync thingie seems to do no check if the box is local or not and simply freezes/crashes the client then as the box simply doesn't exist on the server.

But that is only a wild guess.

Xeno

Uhm.. I'm having a little problem atm.. I must find a "Local communication tower" but i cant find it anywhere on main target. :)

Does it still look the same in OA that it did in ArmA 2? (Small black radiotower) or is it different now?

No the main radiotower uses that small black tower, we were having the same issue last night but what you need to look for is those two story bunkers with the camo netting on the upper portion.

No the main radiotower uses that small black tower' date=' we were having the same issue last night but what you need to look for is those two story bunkers with the camo netting on the upper portion.[/quote']

Cool, I think I saw one building like that..I'll go and check out right now.

Is there a fix coming for the ammo crates dropped in Arrowhead? I had a really good game going and was in desperate need of ammo. Plane comes and drops the ammo and it goes right thru the terrain and disappears. Happens every time.

Is there a fix coming for the ammo crates dropped in Arrowhead? I had a really good game going and was in desperate need of ammo. Plane comes and drops the ammo and it goes right thru the terrain and disappears. Happens every time.

That's an issue with the x_createdrop script inside the server folder of the DOM mission file. It's an easy fix if you know how to unpack the .pbo file. Open the x_createdrop.SQF file in the x_server folder and look for the ammo box handlers, you will find that the USbasicammunitionbox_EP1 is not in there. If you add it, it will work fine. The bug has already been reported over on the dev heaven site. You can fix it yourself if you have some editing knowledge, of wait to see if Xeno starts tinkering with DOM again and wait for an official fix.

if (_drop_type in ["LocalBasicAmmunitionBox","LocalBasicWeaponsBox","GuerillaCacheBox","RUVehicleBox","RUOrdnanceBox","RULaunchersBox","RUSpecialWeaponsBox","RUBasicAmmunitionBox","RUBasicWeaponsBox","SpecialWeaponsBox","USVehicleBox","USOrdnanceBox","USLaunchersBox","USSpecialWeaponsBox","USBasicAmmunitionBox","USBasicWeaponsBox","Gunrack1","Gunrack2","USOrdnanceBox_EP1","USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1"])

Xeno,

This another awesome mission of yours!! I just want to say thank you for taking the time to hammer out these missions. We ran into the ammo crate issue tonight, but still an awesome mission!!

Cheers!

Roushie

It also happens in other missions with editor placed ammo boxes.

But, the Dom boxes are locally crated (createVehicleLocal) on each client (even on JIP clients) because it makes it easier to handle what's in a box and what not.

Uhm, those two are kinda conflicting... :) Means that it's not the syncing with local ammo crate that is the problem, but the syncing in general. That implies - at least they are working on this long overdue issue. Hopefully it will be fixed sooner rather than later.

Wasn't there even an official poll years ago about this?

I've been playing DomOA 2.17 on various servers this week-end. Thanks a lot for all the hard work.

There are two issues that I have noticed.

1. This one has been there since the Arma1 days. Whenever we receive a "Kill the local Governor" secondary mission we know we're doomed. And it didn't fail, 9 times out of 10 he was nowhere to be found.

2. re: The "Revive" variant. Whenever I am lying totally helpless and want to suicide (i.e. to consume one of the "lives" I have left), I cannot do that.

Whenever I hit "Respawn", I get that green "Score" table and a 3 seconds respawn timer above it like when I die in a non-Revive, then I am back to lying and shouting in pain, with now 2 different revive timers running at the bottom of the screen. No life is subtracted from my amount of lives, but I get an extra death in my score table. I do it 3 times and get back to being mortally wounded 3 times, with 4 revive timers, and +3 deaths on my score table.

Only twice did I manage to somehow get the small menu with a choice of respawn locations, but I have no idea how. Otherwise, I need to disconnect in order to, er... "properly die"... then wait for the animation to finish... then choose my loadout again, etc, which is rather frustrating.

Thanks for all the work, without Dom, OA would have been totally useless.

Edit: Forgot to add re: "Find the Governor" - maybe you can just remove this mission if fixing it is too time-consuming?

Edited by neofit
forgot stuff

Simple question. How to return in the menu of mission of the button "save and exit" for game in offline? On old versions it was possible, and now is not present.

Starting Domi on local machine for economy of the traffic - and constantly I begin process anew, that does not allow to see many thing in dynamics.

There are more weird MP bugs in OA like driving downhill and out of nothing you simply die.

Xeno

driving downhill very fast and dying has been around in all of A2 at least, had it happen many many times before

driving downhill very fast and dying has been around in all of A2 at least, had it happen many many times before

Sure, but in OA it has allmost increased tenfold.

I've died in OA by running down a hill (not driving, running on my feet) and accidentaly fall of a 20 cm high rock. Those rocks are dangerous. Take care of them :)

Xeno

Xeno,

When can we expect a Takistan TvT? I have a group of guys waiting to give that a bash. :)

Tanky

When can we expect a Takistan TvT? I have a group of guys waiting to give that a bash. :)

Not in the near future, no time for it currently.

Xeno

Hi Xeno, awesome mission.

But I seen to have one problem, that does not seem to affect anyone else. The service points don't seem to service the vehicle completely.

For example, oh a uh-60m, it will tell me it is servicing the vehicle, reloads the 60rnd_cmfmagazine and it stops there. No more messages. And for the five minutes ive sit there, nothing happens.

Yep,similiar issue here... Accidentaly stopped the tank at service... Gave me a meassage that the tank is being serviced and that's all... Waited for like 10 mikes and still nothing...

accidentaly fall of a 20 cm high rock. Those rocks are dangerous.

Yup, happened to me to several times, in singleplayer / campaign. Not death all the time, but quite wounded - very combat ineffective. Fall off a 2-3 meter ladder = instadeath.

hi xeno,

played Dom v2.17 today on the 3PARA server and run into a "bug" making me invincible for every friendly + enemy shots/weapons

I dropped my backpack @ weaponcrate,selected gear and after deploying to the next mission i noticed i cant access everything in the scroll list anymore i.e. "Show Status" - the only thing i could access was my main gun and the ATlauncher i had on the back

As i was compromised in the mid of the city in a house,i took several hvy MG shots,survived AT hits and AGSfire ...

After clearing the city we moved by chopper which got shot down close to the next main and i was the only one "surviving" the crash and could unboard the chopper and revive the rest of the guys

I recorded 2-3 small clips of me charging full enemy occupied city while taking hvy fire and surviving it all.

If you need the clips or any further info´s PM me or post up here

Also,some side missions (i.e. clear Spetznatz camp dont contain any enemys or way to solve the mission)

If this has been mentioned before,i m sorry :eek:

hi xeno,

played Dom v2.17 today on the 3PARA server and run into a "bug" making me invincible for every friendly + enemy shots/weapons

Old ArmA/ArmA 2 MP bug.

Just go back to the server lobby (where you choose slots) and get immediately back into the mission again.

Xeno

Not in the near future, no time for it currently.

Xeno

That's a shame, but I know you're busy. Can you give me any general pointers for porting Chern TvT to Taki?

Could you somehow do a Combined Ops version of this mission, where you get to fight both takistan and russian/chedaki enemies or us army/usmc at the same time. Id lke to have access to the Arma 2 weapon in takistan as im missing the M16A4 acog and F35B in takistan :), and being attacked by kamovs ;). MAny people who play arma 2 on the server I go on ahve both AO and Arma 2 and would probably appreciate a combuined version with all factions

To clarify, it seems to be happening on servers running DomiA2! OA Takistan 2.17, I have joined several servers and cannot seem to figure out why it just hands. I have deleted the map cache several times.

Lots of things dont work - servicepoints wont service - repairpoints wont repair - ammocrates freezes clients - cant recruit ai - be patinet and lets hope it gets fixed at some point.