Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Had a feeling you were up to something since you've been so silent in this thread these last few days :p

Yeah, right.

Get something up for those poor OA only players that hit MP now.

Better than getting kicked because of <insert whatever vanilla ArmA 2 only addon was used in a MP mission> message which they don't understand.

Not perfect yet. But funny that my missions are allways the most played MP missions shortly after a BIS release :p

Xeno

But funny that my missions are allways the most played MP missions shortly after a BIS release :p

Xeno

_this == fact.

Several players on my server tells me that their game hangs/stops responding when they enter the ammobox - unfort. i cannot provide .rpt file as it did not happen yet for myself. I did notice though that there was ammo for smaw in the box, but i didnt see the smaw launcher. Could this be a problem. This in ver oa 1.14AI.

Dorph;1664232']I did notice though that there was ammo for smaw in the box' date=' but i didnt see the smaw launcher.[/quote']

I'll remove them (the ammo config is still in OA only).

Xeno

Great work on the mission! We put up a server and had it rammed within 5 minutes with people

A few notes:

-On the save the heli crew side mission, the two guys never actually got in our helicopter; they just kept moving to the 'going to get in' position and never did; I'm not sure whether this is an OA AI error or the mission itself, but it's better off noted

(however this did also lead to a great moment when we saw a mob of insurgents come over the crest of the mountain and we tore them up with the minigun on our (by then engine-knackered) black hawk)

-A stash of backpacks would be nice for longer duration 'operations' within the mission

-A stash of backpacks would be nice for longer duration 'operations' within the mission

Well, as long as there is no possibility to add backpacks to ammo crates (when you have one you can put it into an ammobox, but there is no scripting command for it)...

And I don't want to place hundreds of backpacks in the editor or spawn them because that will cause lags when somebody connects.

Xeno

Well, as long as there is no possibility to add backpacks to ammo crates (when you have one you can put it into an ammobox, but there is no scripting command for it)...

And I don't want to place hundreds of backpacks in the editor or spawn them because that will cause lags when somebody connects.

Xeno

Yeah, I'd noticed that there didn't seem to be any command for it, it's a tad odd.

Would backpacks lag more than, say, the vehicles you can make at the uhh MHQ? (or is it just that cumulatively every 'thing' you spawn adds to the lag present) Could one option be to add a backpack to every unit that isn't carrying a launcher?

OA Only 2.15 Test Release

Some minor fixes in this version.

Added East versions where you are playing as a Takistani Soldier.

This version is made for Operation Arrowhead only, means all players that do not have vanilla ArmA 2 can play it too.

It might have some glitches (hopefully not that much) but it should work.

Please report bugs over at Domination dev-heaven tracker.

Please test!

In the mission package are the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Xeno, I know its a setable parameter, but don't You think the winter weather should be default off, it just don't look right on Takistan :D

Xeno

Oh crap, wasn't aware of that. Is it possible to add an action to the base crate that spawns you a sack (depending on role) if the secondary slot is free?

Just played my first OA domination game and unfortunetly, it was a barrage of broken revivals (no actions on many people, revived by error: no unit) :(

I really think a much more reliable system should be put in place. Revival and healing is one of the best coop features there is and something that brings players on the server together.

During 1h of gaming my rpt grew to nearly 1mb by spamming like 30,000 rows of "Unit slot not found". Domination related or Arrowhead?

Murklor, nothing I can do. A long time ArmA/ArmA2 bug.

Sometimes (specially in combination with revive) clients do not connect properly.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

You might try ungrouping all the units. I did that in Op4's WestINF version and we've been ghost-free for a few months now. That was with ACE wounds, though, revive might still have problems.

We played this tonight on our server, some of us crashed or got huge fps drops at ammo box

You might try ungrouping all the units. I did that in Op4's WestINF version and we've been ghost-free for a few months now. That was with ACE wounds, though, revive might still have problems.

You can't compare ACE wounds with norrins revive (and no it has nothing to do with grouping units ;))

ACE wounds takes a completely different approach compared to any other existing wounds system. Simply because it works for AI units (even enemy AI units) and all players the same. That made some fundamental changes necessary in how to handle it internally, specially over the network.

The amount of publiced variables is simply to high in revive. 15 or more public variables per players (means, at least 40 * 15 publiced vars when 40 players play) + each time when a player dies a setVehicleInit is executed. The problem is, those vehicleInits don't get deleted (normal arma 2 engine behaviour) and when someone connects he receives all that data allthough a JIP player doesn't need it anymore.

I've reduced the number of those publiced variables now and probably will replace the setVehicleInit with events.

Xeno

---------- Post added at 01:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 ----------

We played this tonight on our server, some of us crashed or got huge fps drops at ammo box

Report it in the ArmA 2 CIT (community tracker) it's an OA bug.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues/new

I haven't had the problem yet, no crash for me.

Xeno

OA Only 2.16 Test Release

Back to the roots...

Because of performance problems the number of players is now back to 30 again, so it's not co40_Dom... anymore but co30_Dom

I've lowered the number of enemy units spawned at main targets and removed the extra units spawned into the cargo of some vehicles (apc's for example).

Hopefully there are still enough enemy units left at MTs now :)

Let's see how it works.

Beside some internal bug fixes the Ranked version is back.

The OA version still uses only OA content so all players can play it and not only those who have ArmA 2 allready.

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

The mission package now includes the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

- West Ranked

- East

- East AI

- East Revive

- East Ranked

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Curious question: is it not possible to increase the amount of AI by balancing the load between the server and client (or load balance current amount)? I seem to recall that the unit spawned is local to the machine that spawned it. Similar to AI squadmembers for the player, could an enemy group be added for a player? Network requirement will still increase of course, but processing the AI is on the client.

But I got zero MP coding skills, it would have to require the server to know if a player is "real", if that is the case create a group of AI on it rather than on the server. Dunno what would happen if he leaves the server either. Perhaps its a poor idea if we got a game full of AI zombies, lol.

Curious question: is it not possible to increase the amount of AI by balancing the load between the server and client (or load balance current amount)? I seem to recall that the unit spawned is local to the machine that spawned it.

AI units are only local if they are in the player group, means the client then takes care of them (calculations, whatever).

When you spawn a unit on a client which is not in the player group locality switches over to the server a few seconds later (same for vehicles).

Dunno what would happen if he leaves the server either.

Locality switches over to the server then. And like you wrote, you end up with zombie like units :)

(it's also a problem if you make missions where you can "recruit" units. A player may leave or crash so you have to take care about removing them sooner or later).

Oh, and if somebody is interested, I've changed the vehicle reload script in Dom. It now makes use of the new turret commands introduced in OA 1.52.

Xeno

Xeno,

Our unit has now tested OA Domi extensively.

Only problem we have found is with some Ammo Boxes. Spawned ammo boxes are inaccessible or have caused some to crash and or freeze when they try to access.

Same for steam and DVD versions of OA.

Thanks for the East versions!

Probably already reported, but the ammo boxes can't be loaded into the HQ's or Choppers. (2.16 East OA) If you want I can make a CIT issue for it.

Xeno,

Our unit has now tested OA Domi extensively.

Only problem we have found is with some Ammo Boxes. Spawned ammo boxes are inaccessible or have caused some to crash and or freeze when they try to access.

Same for steam and DVD versions of OA.

Not only spawned boxes but also dropped ones and even the one at the base are bugged. Maybe there's still some standard ArmA2 content in the boxes that gives problems on OA only servers?

And thank you very much Xeno!

Edited by T.S.C.Plage

Not only spawned boxes but also dropped ones and even the one at the base are bugged. Maybe there's still some standard ArmA2 content in the boxes that gives problems on OA only servers?

Never had any problems with the boxes (also when playing online).

For testing I allways start OA only, so no vanilla ArmA 2 content in them. Someone allready opened a ticket in CIT, seems to be an OA bug.

Probably already reported, but the ammo boxes can't be loaded into the HQ's or Choppers. (2.16 East OA) If you want I can make a CIT issue for it.

Yeah, nice, isn't it ?

Yet another OA bug. nearestObjects completely ignores BMP2_HQ_TK_EP1, damn.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11602

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Never had any problems with the boxes (also when playing online).

For testing I allways start OA only, so no vanilla ArmA 2 content in them. Someone allready opened a ticket in CIT, seems to be an OA bug.

It's an odd bug, nothing of interest in the server or client rpt. After many crashes, we found that if the player notices a frame rate drop while they're in the ammo box, they can quickly press G again to get out and avoid the crash.

Same issue with the ammo boxes on our server, i have yet to see it but everyone else dropped like flies after dying and going to change weapon.

Added to the BIS tracker thing.

Funny thing is, those boxes are only created local on the clients. Probably some new code in OA which tries to sync and fails, really no idea.

Edit: Little update...

What I could reproduce was, that when I joined my server again (persistent) I got a major performance drop as soon as I opened the gear dialog (ammobox).

So it's definately an error/bug in OA. As ArmA2 boxes with much more content didn't show that behaviour and had no performance drop at all.

Happens after mission start too, major performance drop.

But no crash.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno