Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Those errors don't seem to happen when you run CBA (also included with ACE).

Never really bothers me, quick hit of enter key and I resume playing.
Only works for SP. MP will simply not continue, unless the messages appear after the mission has started ;) Edited by Sickboy

It's not exactly that. BI moved the CfgVehicles out of warfare2.pbo. warfare2.pbo is still there, warfare2vehicles.pbo has been added in 1.07.

I've did the patch this way for each sqm:

sed 's/"warfare2",/"warfare2",\n                "warfare2vehicles",/g'

so, just added them, not substituted. I don't know if it makes any differences.

Kju says this happens because warfare2vehicles is not preloaded. I don't know exactly what does it mean, but will be probably fixed by BI.

Thanks for pointing that out, I added it instead and reuploaded the pack. Maybe it would have given an error when in the game. I think the reason it halted loading on Dedi is because the warfare trucks referenced are on the map. (ie, in mission.sqm, and the Dedi has zero tolerance for missing or unreferenced classes at init/load time)

Edited by oktane

Thanx all, the updated ver by oktane have fixed the problem on my server.

Dear Mr Know-it-all:

While a tiny annoyance for clients, missing class errors can sometimes cause dedicated servers to fail to load the map. (see here) And it confuses people, they think somethings wrong with their game, not everyone is a A2 techie. In this case, the mission uses the Warfare trucks but does not reference the correct classname in addOns[]={} located in mission.sqm. BIS renamedsplit the 'warfare2' base class to 'Warfare2Vehicles' in the 1.07 retail patch, just as alef explained.

The solution is to resave out the mission with 1.07, or manually search and replace warfare2 with Warfare2Vehicles. Sickboy made a tool for this, I'll edit it and batch convert after I eat, unless Xeno beats me to it. :D

I did check with and without ACE, it seemed the error did not occur when ACE was active, only happened with stock addons active.

Edit: Here's the pack of edited missions that are 1.07 happy.

Don't bother Xeno if you have issues with the files in this zip, they are not his problem. All that was done is a mass search and replace for 'warfare2'add of the vehicles classname, including all PBO's (with ACE util), the dommaker and base dev folder.

Download Here (Patched Domi Mission Pack v2.11 for ArmA2) (updated, add instead of replace, per alef)

I didn't test every single mission, but the tool has worked flawlessly in the past. Hopefully BIS didn't rename anything else. :D

Cheers

Eeeek. I thought I understood this, but now I'm not sure I do.

For some reason I've had not had this problem, can I just carry on as before?

Eeeek. I thought I understood this, but now I'm not sure I do.

For some reason I've had not had this problem, can I just carry on as before?

The issue is: If you try to host Domination on a dedicated 1.07 (new patch) server, without @CBA (or without ACE, which uses CBA), it will not load.

Since I don't know what you're doing, it's different for each case.

If you edit any custom versions of domination, you'll want to make sure that you either:

• Resave them in the editor after installing 1.07 (easiest, recommended)
  • OR Manually edit the mission.sqm (in the top parts, in both addOns and addOnsAuto sections):
    replace this:
    		"warfare2",

with this:

"warfare2",
    	"warfare2vehicles",

• OR Wait for Xeno or BIS to release a fix.

If you just want to play local multiplayer or lan, there is nothing stopping you.

If you are a server admin that runs a dedicated server:

BIS's only obligation is to their own missions, they probably won't fix it. Or if they do, they'll probably resave their own missions. (if they are even affected) :D They don't guarantee mission backwards compatibility, it's a luxury.

Edited by oktane

The issue is: If you try to host Domination on a dedicated 1.07 (new patch) server, without @CBA (or without ACE, which uses CBA), it will not load.

Now it's clear, many thanks O.

I do use CBA, though not ACE, which is why I'm unaffected. Many thanks. :)

Only works for SP. MP will simply not continue' date=' unless the messages appear after the mission has started ;)[/quote']

I see this now, I've just tested our server, and yes, it went back to missions menu after picking Dom.

oktane's quick fix cured it. thanks

Dear Mr Know-it-all:

no need to be a smart ass, I'm testing with very limited time.

and yes, I missed the part of the error that mentions warfare2vehicles

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

Hello everyone so i've been messing around with Domination map in the editor, and well I wanted to create a new group, and have a Squad leader, Arty/rescue, and Engeenier in there as well, and when i do so none of the new people that i have placed are recgonized as that type of unit, like the SL cannot call in drops, the Arti cannot call in well Artty an the engi cannot repair or load stuff into the truck.

So i did some digging in the scipts and stuff i found the playersetup.sqf file and only thing in there that i found was for the rescue guy but when i just copy and pasted and added a thrid guy he did nothing. Can someone pease explain to me how i can add in more ARTY, Teamleads, and Engi's to domination, i would also like to have them have custom Names Thanks inadvance

Woodstock

Mission: Domi Ace 2.11 Rev

Addons: ACE full (latest), JTD fire&smoke

Arma 1.07

Problem?:

If i paradrop and pull chord at 200-300 (Low Altitude Pull), the chute will

malfunction. I die..

Before the updates this was possible but not after ACE update and ArmA 1.07.

Is it a bug or was there a nerf to the Para system.

I belive that with the ACE update they changed it, cause people used to be able to pull the cord as low as 50meters and still live, so i belive they changed it s that it has to be pulled at a higher altituded

Ok...But even if i pull 500+ i get killed..

Seem like you have to stay in the GREEN zone...

Isnt there some realismcheck..Like speed/weight ratio?

If you pack light, imho you should be able to do a LAP.

CHUTE not included in wight please...

Nothing on this yet..??

Xeno, is it a mission nerf or is it a bug?

Did ACE nerf the parasystem to accomidate the mission?

Please

Hello everyone so i've been messing around with Domination map in the editor, and well I wanted to create a new group, and have a Squad leader, Arty/rescue, and Engeenier in there as well, and when i do so none of the new people that i have placed are recgonized as that type of unit, like the SL cannot call in drops, the Arti cannot call in well Artty an the engi cannot repair or load stuff into the truck.

So i did some digging in the scipts and stuff i found the playersetup.sqf file and only thing in there that i found was for the rescue guy but when i just copy and pasted and added a thrid guy he did nothing. Can someone pease explain to me how i can add in more ARTY, Teamleads, and Engi's to domination, i would also like to have them have custom Names Thanks inadvance

Woodstock

Hey Woodstock.

Okay first off it is something more to add another unit to the game. Depending on what you want it to do and have.

This works for me but I DON'T ADD units to the mission I just modify these strings to allow other soldiers these powers. You also need a radio backpack to call in arti and drops.

Edit Client.sqf

(make a backup of your mission before fiddling with these)

in there you will find this set of strings.depending on the mission type? I use ACE so I edit the ACEVer line.

// is engineer

#ifndef __TT__

d_is_engineer = if (!(__ACEVer)) then {

["delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","delta_5","delta_6"]

} else {

["delta_1","delta_2","delta_3","delta_4","delta_5"]

};

#else

d_is_engineer = ["west_9","west_10","east_9","east_10"];

#endif

// is artillery operator

d_can_use_artillery = ["RESCUE","RESCUE2"];

// can build mash

#ifndef __TT__

d_is_medic = ["alpha_6","bravo_6","charlie_6","echo_6"];

#else

d_is_medic = ["west_6","east_6","west_17","east_17"];

#endif

// can build mg nest

#ifndef __TT__

d_can_use_mgnests = if (!(__ACEVer)) then {

["alpha_3","alpha_7","charlie_3","charlie_7","bravo_4","echo_3","echo_7"]

} else {

["alpha_3","alpha_7","charlie_7","bravo_4","echo_7"]

};

#else

d_can_use_mgnests = ["west_3","west_7","west_18","east_3","east_7","east_18"];

#endif

Add what ever name you have given your soldier in the Namefield of the solider.

Once again I am not sure that a NEW solider to the game will work.

If you used revive you whoudl have ot add this solder to the revive script as well.

Good luck mission building.

Hello

I have added Lurchi's AC-130 Script to

Xeno's co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus and it works good but for one problem

I have this one guy

vehicle="FR_AC";

player="PLAY CDG";

text="bravo_2";

init="this setGroupid [""Bravo""];";

Description="Team Bravo FAC";

to call in the AC130 with the Action menu and it works good .....

But problem is when he is killed the ac130 part of the action menu will not reappear.

if i disconnect and reconnect it comes back.

I have a notebook setup

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="Notebook";

init="this setPos [getPos this select 0,getPos this select 1,1];this addAction [""Call AC130"", ""ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf""];";

};

and it still works when the FAC is killed so the script is still working i guess.

// add action menu entries + scripts that will be executed to specific player types

// if the first array is empty, then all players will get that action menu entry

// default, nothing in it

// you have to set fourth element allways to -1000

// example:

// d_action_menus_type = [

// [[],"Whatever2", "whateverscript2.sqf", -1000], // ALL players will get the action menu entry "Whatever2"

// [["SoldierWMiner", "SoldierWAT","OfficerW"],"Whatever1", "whateverscript1.sqf", -1000] // only players of type SoldierWMiner, SoldierWAT and OfficerW will get the action menu entry "Whatever1"

// ];

d_action_menus_type = [

[["FR_AC"],"Call AC-130","ac130\ac130_action_map.sqf", -1000],

[["FR_AC"],"Call AC-130 (AI)", "ac130\ac130_action_map_AI.sqf", -1000]

];

This is how I have it setup can someone see what I have wrong?

I am not good with this work so please simplify

run this on a home server and have patch 1.07

Thanks

PS

Thank you Xeno for Domination and thanks Lurchi for the AC-130 Script

thanks to oktane for post#1099 fixed my

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

warfare2vehicles problem

I am a fiddler when it comes to Dom missions.

I host a little private server for a few friends and We play ACE Domination exclusively.

Question I have for the readers is with all the ACE additions and the special things you can do with GL4 that DOM already has is there any advice any of you GURU's can give me on what should be enabled in GL4 and what shouldn't be?

For Example, Dom has artillery GL4 has artillery.

Dom has Air support\reinforcements, and GL4 has it.

ACE has Radio Chatter, GL4 as radio chatter.

I see DOM bleed with ACE and with GL5 bleed.

Am I messing up my mission by just leaving them by default?

If so what should I disable, Gl5? Dom or ACE?

Because this is all to do with in my DOM missions I am asking here.

I am not expecting Xeno to support me, I am just hoping to clear some fog.

Perhaps give me some pointers.

Thanks.

Edited by Styxx42
Spelling

;1661295']Nothing on this yet..??

Xeno' date=' is it a mission nerf or is it a bug?

Did ACE nerf the parasystem to accomidate the mission?

Please[/quote']

This is the wrong thread for this. Ace probably made the system more realistic.

Instead of complaining here, you should complain to the ACE thread, it will have more results!

BTW: If you did not realize, the ace version of domination uses ACE halo system. So all changes are up to them, they can change it any day they want. Maybe they didn't mean to get rid of LAP.

Ask yourself if you are truly honest about wanting to open chute under 200m because it's 'realistic LAP', or are you just 'in a hurry' after you have respawned at base and now parajump? :D

Edited by oktane

Mr. Oktane as always is severe, but fair:)

I play Domi 2.11 (no fix) without the ACE, but with a patch 1.07 - it is very pleased and problems not notice. Vanilla its fine:)

This is the wrong thread for this. Ace probably made the system more realistic.

Instead of complaining here, you should complain to the ACE thread, it will have more results!

BTW: If you did not realize, the ace version of domination uses ACE halo system. So all changes are up to them, they can change it any day they want. Maybe they didn't mean to get rid of LAP.

Ask yourself if you are truly honest about wanting to open chute under 200m because it's 'realistic LAP', or are you just 'in a hurry' after you have respawned at base and now parajump? :D

It has been "nerfed"..I did get answers in ACE thread..

I just dont wanna get shot by tnguskas or other AA machineguns.

Being able to do a LAP and get close to the enemy is MORE

exiting.

OA Only 2.12 Test Release

Here we go...

Now available a first DomOA Test Release.

This version is made for Operation Arrowhead only, means all players that do not have vanilla ArmA 2 can play it too.

It might have some glitches (hopefully not that much) but it should work.

Please report bugs over at Domination dev-heaven tracker.

Please test!

In the mission package are the following versions:

- West

- West AI

- West Revive

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Two great news this week! :yay: Arma2 OA and DomOA! 2.14 :bounce3:

THX! :)

Edited by Keshman

OA Only 2.12 Test Release

Here we go...

Now available a first DomOA Test Release.

Please test!

[/indent]Xeno

Xeno You ROCK.

Thanks for the test missions, will test and report back when I have the game.

(I want a physical Copy not a downloaded one).

Had a feeling you were up to something since you've been so silent in this thread these last few days :p