Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

we did like 9 sidemissions row and received 1 cobra, 5 m1a2 tanks, and rest of vehicles were strykers

Agree...

They get out random under the list which has described mr. Oktane here :-)

Now that's strange .. we had a server crash right after completing a sidemission (destroy watertower).

Has anyone an idea what might got wrong? It isn't the pure Domination but a modificated one with new bonus vehicles etc.

getbonuserror.th.jpg

Quick question, not sure if it's been answered but how do I spawn AI units in my group? I was in a MP game lastnight where the team leader did it, but I can't figure it out. Is there a building I have to go to? I'm new to the ACE2 mod and this map pack.

Outstanding work, however!

Edited by tantric132

Hello) Xeno or who knows! :)

in Domination ACE East I replaced BTR90_HQ to BMP2_HQ_INS and in the file i_client.sqf added

d_check_ammo_load_vecs = ["LAV25_HQ","MH60S"];

#endif

#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_EAST__

d_check_ammo_load_vecs = ["BTR90_HQ","Mi17_Ins","BMP2_HQ_INS","ACE_Mi17_RU"];

But BMP2_HQ_INS no load ammobox in point AMMOLOAD :( what need more? or where I was wrong? can you help me PLZ? :rolleyes:

Hello) Xeno or who knows! :)

in Domination ACE East I replaced BTR90_HQ to BMP2_HQ_INS and in the file i_client.sqf added

But BMP2_HQ_INS no load ammobox in point AMMOLOAD :( what need more? or where I was wrong? can you help me PLZ? :rolleyes:

Here's a hint. Use the find in files function to find all mention of BTR90_HQ. The code has the answers already, you just have to search. Even if you cannot understand the code, it is easy to understand that all references to 'BTR90_HQ's would need to be changed to 'BMP2_HQ_INS's. (because that vehicle is not used for anything else) :D

I would like to get rid of the 30 minute count down for pilots ( we have dedicated pilots)...anyone know what script that is in?

30min countdown for pilots is a serversetting - ask the admin to set it to zero.

Its called "Air vecs autokick time" in the server starup parameters.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I would like to get rid of the 30 minute count down for pilots ( we have dedicated pilots)...anyone know what script that is in?

description.ext

Change the defualt on class AutoKickTime to 0.

Bugfix Release 2.11

Had to release a bugfix release, because the ACE East versions were using the wrong setup files :mad:

Just a few changes because I haven't had much time to work on Dom.

Changelog:

• Fixed, wrong setup files (west) in some of the ACE East versions
  • Added, Domination Tactical Guide included in download file, made by [KH]DaOarge (Edit: No, my missions are not that hard to edit :))
  • Fixed, small typo in WreckMarker.fsm
  • Fixed, ranked captain launchers corrected
  • Changed, very restrictive weapon check in the ranked versions. You are not able to pick up any other weapon than your current rank allows
  • Fixed, zero divisor error in revive
  • Added, two Littlebirds for each team in the ACE TT version
  • Added, additional vehicles at base in the ACE TT version
  • Changed, removed MLRS/Grad from main target bonus vehicles in the TT version
  • Fixed, vec hud error message when using the ACE spotting scope
  • Changed, points in TT version

Download:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

The download filesize of the pack is now about 2.5 MB because of DMT

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

having an issue hosting on a dedicated server. I have ran 1.25 just fine with it. but wanted to play the 2.10 ace version of it. At first I was thinking it was becouse I was using ace 1.1.xxx but now 1.2 has been released today so I updated mine and my hosts computer with the new files (goten from Armaholic). I was able to join a 2.10 ace version of the map and play just fine. went to the MPmissioncache and took the file and put it on my dedicated server. Then when I go into the game to play it. I see the mission there. and when I select the mission and click on play the screen flashes and stays on the select mission window. looking at the server console it says:

Quote:

14:36:10 Mission co@40 DomiA2! ACE West AI [2.10] read from bank.

But it never starts.

Anyone have an idea what the issue might be?

Edit. just tried with the 2.11 version directly from the site you posted Xeno and same problem with hosting. It does not start and stays at the mission selection screen with the server saying it loads from the bank. The Non ACE version is able to load with no issues thow. well excepts its not ACE p)

@Ruges

You have to start your server with CBA, ACE and ACEX too.

Xeno

Yea I have it setup like:

"C:\Games\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\arma2server.exe" -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_PLA -config=server.cfg

***Edit got it fixed*** Thought I installed the latest version of @ACEX, but Armaholics did not have the 1.2 file then, so I was still using the 1.1 file got it from anouther source and now it is working fine.

Edited by Ruges

Last night we tested Domination ACE West Ranked versions [2.11] :)

This super good idea! :icon14: and working correctly and good!)

# Changed, very restrictive weapon check in the ranked versions. You are not able to pick up any other weapon than your current rank allows

Just one question:(I think you will not be difficult to answer it)

Sometimes East chopper Mi-24 attack base! (at this time in main flay Mi-8)! This function (Mi-24 attack base) added to ACE West, East AI (normal) mission?

Hi guys! I was wondering it anyone would help me with a small problem I am having at the moment. I like to play this with a few friends (3) so we add a few vehicles here and there to help out when playing. Since it's been so long a lot of stuff has changed but the old respawn code which I have written down doesn't seem to work anymore. It's this one,

_handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

It would be great if someone would be so kind enough to tell me the new code. I read through about 800 post and did not find anything. I apologize if it has been asked before. :(

_handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

It would be great if someone would be so kind enough to tell me the new code.

Xeno broke stuff down into different folders, client and server, kinda nice. So it's moved to:

_handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_server\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

Feature request:

It's been suggested to me that respawn delay should increase after each death in my modified chernarus west mission. It's currently set to 20 seconds and some want it to double each time a player dies. This would be on a per player basis.

I know that respawn delay is set in description.ext and so is only read at mission start and so I assume can't be changed per player in game.

I know that when a player dies, playerspawn.sqf runs and does a lot of stuff, presumably I could move the player to a remote island and delay the playerspawn script running for a given time.

I could just add a sleep in the top of playerspawn. It'd look a bit pants though.

How would I store the variable that decides how long to delay? I think it'd have to be local to the player? But can it be made so that the delay variable is remember after a player quits and rejoins?

How would I store the variable that decides how long to delay? I think it'd have to be local to the player? But can it be made so that the delay variable is remember after a player quits and rejoins?

Domi allready saves various user data based on the UID.

Take a look into the onplayerconnected and disconnected scripts.

Once a client is ingame it sends a request to the server to get the client data stored on the server.

Xeno

Thanks Xeno, much appreciated.

Ah, yes... OPC and OPD, I remember looking at them a while back. So I could store the player data locally and when they disco, store it on the server using OPD. When they JIP, they could get it back via OPC.

This needs to be secure because players who have died a lot would have a long respawn delay and might find it quicker to quit and rejoin. In this case, I'd need to enforce the delay if they had just quit during the respawn delay. If their last quit was not during the respawn delay, they should be allowed to rejoin the game without a delay.

Can the game built in respawn delay be changed in-mission on a per player basis?

Can the game built in respawn delay be changed in-mission on a per player basis?

No, it's fixed.

You have to use a dialog or whatever as a workaround.

Would be a nice feature if BIS added a scripting command for it where you can change respawn delay on each client separately.

I've opened a CIT ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11192

Vote vote :-)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Thanks X.

I did think it was a fixed time. Like you say, a workaround will be needed, but it'd be nice if BI would let us change this in-game.

Looks like the way forward might be to disableUserInput for a given time and delay execution of playerspawn.sqf

Looks like the way forward might be to disableUserInput for a given time and delay execution of playerspawn.sqf

Don't use disableUserInput. Create a dialog and a script which reopens the dialog again when the user closes the dialog before the faked respawn time is over.

disableUserInput really disables all user input, only ALT-F4 is left.

Xeno

Create a dialogue? Gosh.. what fun. :D

Would a basic sleep be good enough?

Would be a nice feature if BIS added a scripting command for it where you can change respawn delay on each client separately.

I've opened a CIT ticket:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11192

Vote vote :-)

Xeno

Yes indeed it would be nice to be able to change respawn delay ingame for each client, you got my vote :cool: