Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Hi xeno ,

I want to add some vehicles and choppers on the map wich file must i edit that they would also respwan?

I looked in the files but i cannot find it

Tnks

Hi xeno ,

I want to add some vehicles and choppers on the map wich file must i edit that they would also respwan?

I looked in the files but i cannot find it

Tnks

if you want an easy fix just change the ambulance into an chopper and it should respawn! or you take a boat and change it to an helicopter!

otherwise check(i think) i_common and search for CH1 or CH2 and start adding new helicopter names!!!

It seems if you edit X-setup and then run the setupcopy.batch is bugged

Edited by Sneaker-78-

Has anyone had the problem with AAHALO\jump.sqf not being found?

It's there and works in editor preview, but not when I pbo the mission and upload it to the server. Any suggestions?

FIXED: apparently was a problem in the uploading via the control panel FTP

Edited by -Total-

when i change a uh-60 to an UH-1Y venom and load it on the server,

And when i see the chopper its half into the ground and when i get in the chopper the server crashes.

help me please

xeno: the base is constantly attacked.

i don't understand why , cause i set base sabotage to false.

Ive have it also ...tanks everywhere , and all going to the base :(

Edit :

ive made a picture of my problem.

if i put the UH-1Y in domination i get this :

http://82.95.155.200/site/images/phocagallery/images/thumbs/phoca_thumb_l_UH-1Y.jpg

I edit the file for rewpan and the marker ..and i get this copper out of the bonus aircraift

Edited by Sneaker-78-

For sabatoge on,they are not coming to sabatoge with armors.Only few sptsnaz.that armors are from isledefence, this sytem makes random patrols on island,if the random patrol was created too close to your base and you are making to much noise,they came and attack.

Edited by snakedoctor34

Ive have it also ...tanks everywhere , and all going to the base :(

It's not just me then! :) I'm spending more time defending the base than I am attacking main targets.

It's not just me then! :) I'm spending more time defending the base than I am attacking main targets.

There are two options:

Isle Defense

Base Sabotage

Both off?

Keep in mind that if you are hand editing the param values, that 1 is normally off, and 0 is on, per Xeno's standard.

Check out how these variables are used: d_no_sabotage, d_with_isledefense as well as this Infiltrate fsm: "fsms\Infilrate.fsm" (note mispelling, makes it hard to find with search)

Use find in files to search for and change what you like.

Has anyone had this problem? After repairing the MHQ, the game does not recognize that it is available and insists that it is in the water! "Mobile respawn one is currently in water"

You cannot teleport to this and it is unavailable in the flagpole menu at the base.

The code checks if surfaceiswater, so I don't know why this would happen...

from dlg/update_dlg.sqf:

if (surfaceIsWater [(position MRR1) select 0,(position MRR1) select 1]) then {

_mr1text ctrlSetText "Mobile respawn one is currently in water...";

_mr1_available = false;

};

BTW- what do select 0 and select 1 represent? x,y coords?

Is there a way to fix this if it happens? Reset the position of the MHQ in a vehicle script or something? I guess I could strip this code out, but that seems crude.

:confused:

Has anyone had this problem..

BTW- what do select 0 and select 1 represent? x,y coords?

Is there a way to fix this if it happens? Reset the position of the MHQ in a vehicle script or something? I guess I could strip this code out, but that seems crude.

(position MRR1) is an array with 3 values, select 0 is x, select 1 is y, select 3 is z (altitude)

I think that there may be an issue with surfaceiswater, possibly due to the streaming engine.. it may have incorrect information on the location. You should also echo out some debug text and make sure the location is valid..

if (surfaceIsWater [(position MRR1) select 0,(position MRR1) select 1]) then {
_mr1text ctrlSetText "Mobile respawn one is currently in water...";
_mr1_available = false;
       diag_log format["------DEBUG: Is there really water at x%1 y%2??", (position MRR1) select 0,(position MRR1) select 1];
};

If it comes out in your arma.rpt as x0 y0 then there is potentially a problem with getting the location of MRR1.

It can probably be fixed by doing this: MRR1 setpos (position MRR1); try it on a radio trigger or something?

Edited by oktane

oktane - very cool! Thanks for the quick info - I will run the debug text and see what comes up.

Regarding the reset position of MRR1, what is the code doing?

MRR1 setpos (position MRR1);

Setting the position of MRR1 at its current position? Just curious.

thanks!

Just tested it and the coords are 0,0 [in water] - but the MRR1 is at the base! The MRR1 has also lost its MHQ vehicle menu. I will try the reset command...

Edited by Richard Bruce Cheney

With the ACE revive version, upon being revived you magically get your saved ammo set, making purposely dieing and being revived an exploit to replenish ammo.

There are two options:

Isle Defense

Base Sabotage

Both off?

Keep in mind that if you are hand editing the param values, that 1 is normally off, and 0 is on, per Xeno's standard.

Check out how these variables are used: d_no_sabotage, d_with_isledefense as well as this Infiltrate fsm: "fsms\Infilrate.fsm" (note mispelling, makes it hard to find with search)

Use find in files to search for and change what you like.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. This has turned Domination from a relatively simple go here/attack/go there/attack mission into something much more dynamic and less predictable and lets be honest, a lot tougher.

I know about editing the param values, I prefer to edit them as it sets the defaults for the missions, but still allows the guys to change them at startup if they want to. For example, I set fasttime to on in params, but the chaps don't like it (NV is a bit pants( I know it can be fixed with addons, we'll try that soon)) so they can turn off FT in the menu.

Back to base sabotage and isle defence, yes they make the game hard, especially when there's only 4 or 5 of you, but hey, no one said war is easy. I might balance it a little by beefing up base defence. I see base defences aren't spawned by mission.sqm so I'm off hunting in scripts again. :) Just to make it worse :), I shortened the airki respawn time, so the enemy essentially has air superiority. All these things have made Domination into a brand new mission.

Full respect to the author for making this in such a way we can butcher it to such an extent.

For sabatoge on,they are not coming to sabatoge with armors.Only few sptsnaz.that armors are from isledefence, this sytem makes random patrols on island,if the random patrol was created too close to your base and you are making to much noise,they came and attack.

okay thanks

Just tested it and the coords are 0,0 [in water] - but the MRR1 is at the base! The MRR1 has also lost its MHQ vehicle menu. I will try the reset command...

If it is indeed 0,0 then you have a problem.. MRR1 object has somehow been messed up. (and lost its assigned name) That reset wont work for that.

You'll need to find out what is making the MRR1 object pointer become changed or corrupted. My guess is it got deleted somehow (the vehicle), maybe by a script you may have added such as a rearm script or something? (some of those delete the vehicle and recreate it)

And yes that would have set its position to itself.. just an idea of a possible fix if it was some kind of odd 'surfaceIsWater' bug. (which we now know it is not)

Edited by oktane

The ACE version seems to have broken the internal backpack - how do I activate it?

There is nothing broken, it is disabled for the ACE version on purpose. Search for backpack (dePBO mission), you'll find the right file to activate it again ;)

It seems if you edit X-setup and then run the setupcopy.batch is bugged

I don't think so, otherwise my build script to build all 18 versions in a few seconds would fail :).

And when i see the chopper its half into the ground and when i get in the chopper the server crashes.

Well, you have definately another problem that is not related to Dom.

Check your addons.

With the ACE revive version, upon being revived you magically get your saved ammo set, making purposely dieing and being revived an exploit to replenish ammo.

Yep, didn't think about revive when adding the save gear stuff. It's also in all other revive versions. Should be easy to solve :)

Xeno

Thanks, Oktane! It may be my doing. I keep recompiling the PBO and resuming the same game.

Your tips on debugging are very helpful and will be used in the future when I screw it up again.

It may be my doing. I keep recompiling the PBO and resuming the same game.

Does that mean you play hosted (not dedicated), save and load again next time you play ?

If that's the case then there is your problem. Dom only supports dedicated server and not a hosted environment. That is why some things don't work anymore after loading a saved game.

Xeno

Does that mean you play hosted (not dedicated), save and load again next time you play ?

If that's the case then there is your problem. Dom only supports dedicated server and not a hosted environment. That is why some things don't work anymore after loading a saved game.

Xeno

Yes, it is a heroic attempt to save the day, playing a hosted server in single-player. I can't get enough of your DOM map on ArmA2! I will try to take all 8 towns now without modding the file constantly and see how far I can get.

It looks like I am at war not only with the AI, but the hosted server as well. WAR IS HELL!!!

Xeno, is there a way to reset the MHQs if they get goofed up? Everything else works great after multiple saves, but without the MHQs it is impossible for just one dude. Is there a way to reset them at the base with teleport intact? That would be sweet and it would take a little of the heat of hell off of me. Thanks!

Edited by Richard Bruce Cheney

help me please

Well, you have definately another problem that is not related to Dom.

Check your addons.

Xeno

Srry , but you are right its an ACE bug ..

Anyone know of an easy way to add the capability of the MH-6 to carry an ammo box? I know you can change the capabilities to make it a transport...but I don't want to do that, I only want the ability for it to ferry ammoboxes.

Thanks!

Anyone know of an easy way to add the capability of the MH-6 to carry an ammo box? I know you can change the capabilities to make it a transport...but I don't want to do that, I only want the ability for it to ferry ammoboxes.

Thanks!

Use 'find in files' search your text editor as noted a few times in this thread, allows you to find anything in the source code.

in i_client.sqf

// d_check_ammo_load_vecs
// the only vehicles that can load an ammo box are the transport choppers and MHQs__
#ifdef __OWN_SIDE_WEST__
d_check_ammo_load_vecs = ["MH60S","LAV25","UH1Y","MV22","LAV25_HQ","ACE_MH6"];
#endif