Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Fantastic stuff yet again Xeno!

The new parameters section is a great idea - and the Carrier version is great fun - really changes the strategy of play sometimes - particularly with only a few players...

About the carrier version...

As always, because my comp simply can't cope with Chernaurus I'm dragging everything over to Sahrani.. my usual simply match the numbers and relocate the units hack...

However, I've been struggling with the base respawn marker, now that it seems to be script-assigned??? (depending on whether "base" is carrier or airfield??), rather than a simple marker...so my usual dumb question is... is that the case? and, if so - which script handles base respawn marker assignment?

B

Edited by Bushlurker

The heli taxi sort of works, but 2 issues.. firstly, if you use an MV22, the aircraft flies over but never lands. I changed it to one of adukes MH60s, the ERF one with big tanks and that looked good too and lands, and waits for me,

No idea why it fals with the Osprey, haven't tested that code under A2 yet.

but it messed up the return landing on the carrier (using carrier version.. loving this by the way!), hitting the superstructure. I'll try ejecting as the helo goes into the hover and/or the fast rope option that comes with this addon.

Like I wrote, it's still A1 code, so carrier landings may fail :D

But afterall, it's just a test version.

However, I've been struggling with the base respawn marker, now that it seems to be script-assigned??? (depending on whether "base" is carrier or airfield??), rather than a simple marker...so my usual dumb question is... is that the case? and, if so - which script handles base respawn marker assignment?

The script respawn_xxxx marker gets moved locally (client) to the base_spawn_1 marker at startup. Just place the base_spawn_1 marker somewhere on the deck of the carrier and be sure that you've defined __CARRIER__ in x_setup.sqf

Xeno

awesome xeno, thanks for the update. Im curious if anyone else noticed any quirkiness with fast time? Not sure why, but the game feels faster (at least when I was flying the mv22 and helos around, it was alot quicker). Also the weather and clouds change and come on very quick, like they are tied to the fast time.

Like I said, maybe its just me, but it feels like the entire game speed is sped up with fast time. On the flip side, I know in Oden's version of warfare he has 2 separate time and weather scripts so the weather runs independent of the watch time so you don't get 30 sec rain storms and what not.

Thanks yet again for the advice Xeno...

It WAS the base_spawn marker... missing entirely!! (lazy cut n pasting at 5am... my fault as usual)...

Cheers!

B

We as a Squad play Domination West, I'd love to see the paradrop time limit changed to 5 mins (is there a reason for have such a long cool down period?), also at the moment there is nothing to lift tanks & the only way to rearm them is to damage them & wreck lift them to the repair point in the airbase, so is there a chance that you could add either an Osprey as a reward for a side mission or engineers to be able to build FARPS or both?

If I knew how to do this I would, but I don't; if there's anyone who can impliment these I would be eternally gratefully, as these are the only things that I can think of to improve the Domination West experience!

Cheers

SK

2 ways.

You could add the tanks to the array that lists the vehicles the lift choppers are allowed to lift. That's easy.

Or you could generate a new 'heavy lift' chopper, maybe chopper #3 , that was able to lift these. This could be complex, but doable, I think.

By the way, I use gachopins '53 as a wreck chopper because it looks less weird having it lift a smokin 70 tonne battle tank than having a UH60 do it!

You need to de PBO (extract) the files first.

I use kegetys cPBO utility.

http://www.kegetys.net/arma/

This creates a folder with all the mission files in it. Move it to (on my machine).

C:\Documents and Settings\Paul\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Tanky\MPMissions

You can then edit it in the game editor and edit the sqf files directly. For this, I use armaedit

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1455

My pleasure. :)

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Xeno,

Are you doing anything sneaky with the flag texture at the airbase? I'm trying to use SetFlagTexture on it and whatever I do, it shows the US flag. I even changed it to a FlagCarrierRU, but it still shows the stars and stripes.

I have added a 1.10 Test Release to dev-heaven (so not a normal release announce).

You can download it here:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/list_files/domination

Beside bug fixing the 7z file now also includes a Dom Carrier version (normal, AI, Revive and ranked) and a new mission called co26 Wings of Steel from Panzeraufklaerer). Hopefully revive still works, I've changed some parts of it.

Many mission settings can now be set in the lobby via paramters (only an admin can do that).

Please report problems in the Dom bug tracker at dev-heaven (http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/issues/new, you need a dev-heaven account for it).

Just a warning, Dom is not made to be played hosted only dedicated!

Enjoy,

Xeno

dom carrier version and nice new parameters, sweeeet...thx xeno...hope that disastres 'operation flashbox 360 failpoint: fall of the dragon' release will encourage you, to stick a tick longer as planed with this project, besides your planed new one(s)!! well, it already smells like that :cool:

dj_thanks.jpg

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Great thanks for the update, Xeno, you sure do great work.

Can you tell me whether you managed to fix that script that cleans up dead bodies and blown up wreckage in this release?

This is quite important to me because I run a dedicated server for just a few guys so we work on the same map for a few weeks, but with the corpses all over the place uncleaned the map becomes unplayable by the time get onto our fourth town.

Thanks!

deleted, spoke to Xeno in pm, thanks again for help and amazing missions <3

Edited by marc420

couldnt do the wreck markers ?

/

/ these vehicles can be lifted by the wreck lift chopper (previous chopper 4), but only, if they are completely destroyed

#ifndef __TT__

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = sm_bonus_vehicle_array + mt_bonus_vehicle_array;

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = x_heli_wreck_lift_types + ["A10","AH1Z","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1"];

#else

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = (sm_bonus_vehicle_array select 0) + (sm_bonus_vehicle_array select 1) + (mt_bonus_vehicle_array select 0) + (mt_bonus_vehicle_array select 1);

x_heli_wreck_lift_types = x_heli_wreck_lift_types + ["A10","AH1Z","AV8B","AV8B2", "F35B", "M1A2_TUSK_MG","M1A1"];

#endif

i have added these and There is nothing in the init filed of vehicles, still no markers ?

Hi , i played some hours and noticed that the AI is perfect in headshots and seeing trough trees and walls (?) is this a missions thing or an arma issue , i only have this in the latest version.

couldnt do the wreck markers ?

i have added these and There is nothing in the init filed of vehicles, still no markers ?

Create a script in the scripts folder and name it wreckx.sqf. Insert the following code:

private ["_unit"];

_unit = _this select 0;

_unit execVM "x_scripts\x_wreckmarker2.sqf";

Then add the following to your vehicles init field:

handle = [this] execVM "scripts\wreckx.sqf";

I would have just edited line 6 of x_wreckmarker2.sqf to

_vehicle = _this select 0;

but the fsm file Xeno uses to create the wreck marker calls this script and I don't have the time right now to see if that will affect how the wreck markers work for bonus vehicles.

Also, this was only quickly tested in the editor. You'll have to test it server side and let everyone know if it really does work :)

You can, of course change the name of the script if you would prefer something more appropriate.

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

how do i have the 2 mhq's setup to post in vehicle chat when someone gets into it "Dont forget to pick up the ammo crate"

last thing, i have modded revive to my taste in alot of ways from reading forums and such, and my question is do i have to do all the tweaking over again if i want my same modded Dom in Domination AI for example? or can i just edit some line in one of the files to change the Revive to AI?

if anyone can help with the above i will buy you cake.

*noticed a bug with mine not sure if i done something wrong but basically

I wanted to make a no armor version because my server is new and its easier to play solo or low numbers without armor so i changed the following

// first element (array. for example: [2,1]): number of vehicle groups that will get spawned, the first number is the max number that will get spawned,

// the second one the minimum. So [2,0] means, there can be no vehicle groups at all or a maximum of 2 groups of this kind

// second element: maximum number of vehicles in group; randomly chosen

#ifndef __ACE__

d_vehicle_numbers_guard = [

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

[[0,0], 0], // apc2 (brdm)

[[1,1], 1], // jeep with mg (uaz mg)

[[1,1], 1] // jeep with gl (uaz grenade)

];

#else

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#endif

#ifndef __ACE__

d_vehicle_numbers_guard_static = [

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

[[0,0], 0] // aa (shilka)

];

#else

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#endif

#ifndef __ACE__

d_vehicle_numbers_patrol = [

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

[[2,1], 1], // jeep with mg (uaz mg)

[[2,1], 1] // jeep with gl (uaz grenade)

];

#else

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#endif

but i still have enemy tanks going around? yes i wanted to leave enemy jeeps but not tanks please help.

p.s. Xeno i only recently got arma 2 and im obsessed with Domination, its a real shame you are ending it but im sure it was alot of work and its time for a change, id just like to say thanks for such a great Mission pack.

deleted, spoke to Xeno in pm, thanks again for help and amazing missions <3

Care to share the fix for anyone having similar problems?

bit long i know and i hope Xeno doesnt mind but i doubt he will because we dont know each other anyways

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc420

how do i have the 2 mhq's setup to post in vehicle chat when someone gets into it "Dont forget to pick up the ammo crate"

Edit x_scripts\x_checkdriver.sqf and add some parts of the TT version (the TT version checks the vehicle so you can easily add it to the normal version).

Quote:

last thing, i have modded revive to my taste in alot of ways from reading forums and such, and my question is do i have to do all the tweaking over again if i want my same modded Dom in Domination AI for example? or can i just edit some line in one of the files to change the Revive to AI?

I haven't tested it yet if revive works with the AI version, just try.

Though... I'm not using norrins A2 revive but the A1 AI disabled revive version that I rewrote for norrin during A1 times.

So AI won't help you.

Quote:

*noticed 2 bugs with mine not sure if i done something wrong but basically

1, i play revive on regular mode and i can only see my team mates if there beside me? it doesnt show where they died or where they are on the map unless im right beside them

Are you playing hosted ?

Domination doesn't work in a hosted environment, only on a dedicated server!

Other than that I never encountered the problem you describe.

Quote:

2, i wanted to make a no armor version because my server is new and its easier to play solo or low numbers without armor so i changed the following

// first element (array. for example: [2,1]): number of vehicle groups that will get spawned, the first number is the max number that will get spawned,

// the second one the minimum. So [2,0] means, there can be no vehicle groups at all or a maximum of 2 groups of this kind

// second element: maximum number of vehicles in group; randomly chosen

#ifndef __ACE__

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#else

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#endif

#ifndef __ACE__

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#else

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#endif

#ifndef __ACE__

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#else

[[0,0], 0], // tanks

[[0,0], 0], // apc (bmp)

];

#endif

but i still have enemy tanks going around? yes i wanted to leave enemy jeeps but not tanks please help

Might be the island patrols and the sidemissions are not affected by changing those settings.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when we play Dom (the newest version though has happened on previous versions aswell) on our server everyone about 15-20 minutes into the game gets the "ArmA2 has stopped working" error but the server continues to run the game and then we join back up and in about 10mins samething happens again and sometimes crashes the server hard after the second time. Is this a issue with the map or is our server causing the problem? Thanks in advance for any help it's very frustrating.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem but when we play Dom (the newest version though has happened on previous versions aswell) on our server everyone about 15-20 minutes into the game gets the "ArmA2 has stopped working" error but the server continues to run the game and then we join back up and in about 10mins samething happens again and sometimes crashes the server hard after the second time. Is this a issue with the map or is our server causing the problem? Thanks in advance for any help it's very frustrating.

doesnt happen to me and ive played countless hour's it's your server or you have edited something which went wrong.

Check your server's .rpt file and also check the arma2.rpt on your computer as both may point to the issue causing the mass client crash.

but i still have enemy tanks going around? yes i wanted to leave enemy jeeps but not tanks please help

Might be the island patrols and the sidemissions are not affected by changing those settings.

For side missions you have to edit every single side mission file. A bitch to do, especially since midway you're bound to figure out that not all of them are used in Chernarus map at all :)

Example file: x_missions\m\x_m10.sqf

Here I replaced the usual Tank, shilka, and bmp into:

["uaz_mg", 1, "bdrm", 1, "tank", 0, _pos_other,1,0] spawn XCreateArmor;

Where legal values are: shilka, bmp, tank, brdm, uaz_mg, uaz_grenade

Note that shilka doesn't have to be an actual shilka, it can be any vehicle listed under shilka in x_scripts\x_funcs\x_serverfuncs.sqf x_getunitliste, which in turns looks up d_veh_a_%1 select 3 found in i_server.sqf under d_veh_a_e which I've edited into:

["2S6M_Tunguska","ZSU_INS","Ural_ZU23_INS","Ural_ZU23_INS","Ural_ZU23_INS","Ural_ZU23_INS","Ural_ZU23_INS"],

So, for me, even if a Shilka is actually used in side mission (extremely rare after edit) and main missions, it would usually be a much less capable type since it now has a very low probability of occuring.

---

To change the vehicles in isle_defense system, you need to change x_scripts\x_funcs\x_serverfuncs.sqf x_getmixedliste into whatever you prefer. Mine now reads:

} forEach [switch (floor random 2) do {case 0: {"uaz_grenade"};case 1: {"uaz_mg"};}, "bmp", "brdm", "uaz_mg"];

which as you can see takes away all armored vehicles except bmps and brdms.

This means that we can still take damage and be forced to land, but we won't be immediately taken out of the sky every time a red dot appears on the radar.

---

Btw, if you do take away as much armor as we do (we're only a small unit simulating light infantry play), you should consider changing the rewards as well. Having attack helis and tanks doesn't make sense if the force faced is not up to it. We're only getting HMMWVs (including the missing uparmored one) for side missions, and only LAVs and AAVs for main missions. These arrays can be found under i_common.sqf sm_bonus_vehicle_array and mt_bonus_vehicle_array.

Hope it helps.

Hello,

I love your mission but i'd like to disable "You are not qualified to fly, wait X min"

Where can i disable that ? Can someone help me ? :confused:

@Olicarnage: Can't check right now, but I think there is a setting in one of the i_* files in the root. Might also be a parameter, not sure. If not, try searching the files for "qualified", and you should be able to backtrack to the routine or parameter that controls it.

It's there for a reason though. To prevent fresh joiners to trash your earned equipment.

@IceBreakr: I just barely tried this island, and I found the AIs to have massive amounts of trouble navigating. Brigdes is (yet again) causing a headache, and this map has more than plenty of them.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I've been asked to expand Domination for more than 30 players, maybe as many as 50. I'm thinking this is a big undertaking?