Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

It's very odd Muttly i generally only play Ranked Version, so i did some editing last weekend, was working fine on Sunday, a couple of things also needed changing, so i got round to doing that, now it doesnt work, lift choppers dont lift stuff, ammo boxes cant be loaded in MHQ's, infact theres quite abit of the stuff that i havent even touched and suddenly they dont work.

It seems it can take some editing, and if you do too much, it justs throws a cry baby moment and wont actually work.

It seems it can take some editing, and if you do too much, it justs throws a cry baby moment and wont actually work.

I've allways done a lot of changes at once and got it allways running again :p

Watch your RPT file, it'll help you to locate problems.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

I've added tonnes of stuff without problem to the 1.09 version.

I only had one issue and it was a PEBKAC issues as well. I didn't properly change the number of items in the mission file.

Otherwise, everything is working. I've added 5 planes, two AH1's, a Uh1, c130 with a cargo script, 3 tanks, two motorcycles, mlrs, m119, an avenger, a hmmv, and another lav.

I use cpbo via command line cpbo -e filename to unpack and cpbo -p filename to pack (can't run graphical in vista 64 for whatever reason)

I use the mission editor and notepad++ to directly edit the files.

Ahh not just me then, yeah its weird thought was some thing to do with 1.09 but its doin it in the version before aswell now used to add loads stuff like 5 tanks 5 jets pmc apaches etc etc and every thing was fine. Now i just got few guys defending the base and added f16 etc as side/main mission rewards which work.

But when i load up the same mission only with an AH1Z at the start only 1 then the lift choppers dont work never checked ammo crates/mhq loading but reckon id have same prob as you cant get my head round it why dont work any more ill take look at the file you mention cheers xeno.

Oh and btw xeno just like to thank you for all the missions you gave us your goin be missed big time hope you come back for next expansion:bounce3:

Edit:hmm where is this RPT file mate

Edited by muttly

when i added some stuff to 1.09, i broke the choppers and ammo crates and MHQs. was a typo in one line in on file that killed it! Just a mis-placed pair of " marks.

Be careful editing Xeno's code!

~Z~

(btw succesfully increased red circle radius and spawned a lot more baddies in it now! and got all my choppers respawning and lifting properly now)

Hey its working now:bounce3: i disabled slx and a few sound mods then edited it.Now i just have to fine out exactly what mod was giving me grief;)

Curious question, does domination work with two teams (ie PvP)? I mean yeah you'd have to create the other team on the map and set everything up, edit the way capturing towns is handled and all that, but on a technical level in the scripts?

Or is hardcoded to one side?

The package includes the following missions (23):

co40 DomiA2! West - Revive

co40 DomiA2! West - Ranked

TVT40 DomiA2! TT

co12 Hinds and Alligators

co12 Spetsgruppa Dracul

;)

Xeno

i just edited a domi on our server and gave planes different weapon loadouts it works fine but when the plane respawns it loads the standard weapon loadout .... what am i doing wrong ?

First off, sorry to admit, I am not a noob to map editing, but I am a noob to Arma 2 Map editing.

For this mission, is there anyway to add a barracks where I or my friends can purchase bots for our team? Is there a way to do that in the game already, I was unsuccessful in researching the answer.

Thanks to any who answer.

Use the AI version of domination

well, yeah, but the AI is pretty borked compared to the AI in warfare or in the general game. I'm thinking they just didn't add in the proper ai module or something, because the team mates will rarely follow you, they are incapable of driving, and they can't shoot when in a vehicle (or outside of one very well either)

they are really just goons that will hopefully distract the enemy long enough for you to shoot and kill.

If someone found a way to implement the proper AI module, I'm sure alot of us would be most grateful

Is there even an AI module? :confused:

Last time I checked, the AI doesnt need anything in particular. In the "general game" they ARE goons, lol. The only way I can imagine them breaking is if groups get fuxed up.

don't know, just know that the AI in other version and others mods aren't quite nearly as dumb as in Domination (warfare and warfare based mods, etc). And I would honestly argue against the generic Arma AI being dumb, when you think about the massive scope of the game and all the things the AI can do, I think its a pretty stellar achievement

I would say that AI is AI - they are the same in Domination and EVO - they are part of Arma2 and the same in both missions.

don't know, just know that the AI in other version and others mods aren't quite nearly as dumb as in Domination (warfare and warfare based mods, etc). And I would honestly argue against the generic Arma AI being dumb, when you think about the massive scope of the game and all the things the AI can do, I think its a pretty stellar achievement

I have not really an idea about what you are talking here.

There is no AI module in A2.

If you play the AI version you have to command AI that you recruit. They are as dumb as all other AI in all other missions that are under your command, but if you don't tell them what to do they won't do anything. Btw, recruited AI gets spawned with the highest skill level. And AI not shooting (gunner) from a vehicle is a A2 bug.

But I guess when you are talking about warfare you mean friendly AI that gets waypoints by a script running in the background and that is something completely different.

Xeno

Well, no, thats not what I mean. Obviously I'm aware that I need to command them, however, I can assure you the AI in this particular mod are the most disfunctional of any game mode or other mod. Not blaming you or anyone else, heck, what you've created is pretty darn spectacular

-For example, they refuse to drive 90% of the time. Sometimes they will if the point I direct them to is several feet in front of them, but most of the time they won't.

-They refuse to fire any guns if in the gunning position (most of the time). And NO, this is not an A2 bug, I've played countless of times with the AI gunning (sucessfully) while I drive in either land vehicles or helos.

-They sometimes don't shoot enemy several feet in front of them (when on foot)

-I've had groups of them just stop moving. They weren't injured, they were all OK, they just stopped moving as if they couldn't figure out how to get from point A to point B

and the list goes on.

I know in warfare the commander is telling them what to do (cap this, cap that, etc) however my own squad is under my control and perform significantly better. Or in other generic game modes its the same story.

Any chance it could involve the SecOp module? I don't really know what that entails, but I believe its one of the few modules missing from Domination that I have seen in other mods and modes.

Believe me I'm not crazy, I've played enough Arma to spot the difference in AI compared to other gametypes.

Any chance it could involve the SecOp module? I don't really know what that entails, but I believe its one of the few modules missing from Domination that I have seen in other mods and modes.

First of all, it's not a mod but a mission :)

Some of the things you describe are A2 bugs (for example AI gunner in vehicles not shooting, look in the CIT, not fixed yet).

I'm not using modules because most of them simply don't work correctly or don't work at all in MP (specially in a dedicated environment) and there are no AI enhancement modules in A2.

AI routines are standard A2 routines that the A2 engine itself launches as soon as AI gets spawned, the units get simply added to the player group (like in other missions), no other magic behind it.

(Warfare for example only uses the Construction Interface module, the functions module and High Command, though that's another good example of a module that doesn't work correctly in MP).

Are you using any addons ?

Do you play on a dedicated server or hosted ?

And, most important, has anybody else the same problems (asking that, because nobody except you reported about it) ?

But it might be that I've overlooked something, as I absolutely hate to play with AI on my own side or even worse in my own group. So I have not tested the AI versions that much beside functionality tests.

Xeno

Well, your right, I know alot of other people don't use the AI variant, but I find its easier when you have less than 5 people playing.

I've tested it out on both dedicated and hosted, and it seems to play about the same (maybe a bit better on hosted, but its hard to tell)

I'm using probably the same addons as everyone else: JTD fire and smoke, vop sound, trsm tracked vehicles, and of course the cba addon.

I'm going to try and test out zGuba's addons right now to see if the trigger happy ones help at all

Overall, its probably not a huge deal, it just makes it harder on anyone that is playing with only a few other people

Anyone knows how to lower the russian flag in side mission and bring it back to the main base ???. Use the mast dont works, we have try to blow up, knock down with a vehicle, etc, but not results.

Thanks.

Well, your right, I know alot of other people don't use the AI variant, but I find its easier when you have less than 5 people playing.

I've tested it out on both dedicated and hosted, and it seems to play about the same (maybe a bit better on hosted, but its hard to tell)

I'm using probably the same addons as everyone else: JTD fire and smoke, vop sound, trsm tracked vehicles, and of course the cba addon.

I'm going to try and test out zGuba's addons right now to see if the trigger happy ones help at all

Overall, its probably not a huge deal, it just makes it harder on anyone that is playing with only a few other people

If your playing A.I version i recommend the SLX wip;)

breog:usally you just have to run upto the flag might have to use scroll menu cant remember but sound like you might have bug

Edited by muttly

breog: but sound like you might have bug

yep, totally agree, scroll don´t work.

Thanks.

Breog are you running the latest version of Domination (1.09) as I belive previous versions the CTF side missions were bugged. Work fine now on our server.

~Z~

after parashooting the game freezes after a few seconds .... does anyone have the same problem ?