Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Please report module problems in the A2 CIT.

No, as long as they cause lags definately not (and they do, same like animals modules).

I like the idea of the modules but most of them are simply not usable or not made for MP, sadly. HC is in T10 but, as you can guess, doesn't work (forgot to remove it prior release).

@Mikoboiko

Hard to tell what your problem is. It's not a mission (vanilla Dom) problem as you are the only who has this problem. We are running a Core i7 server with Win 2008 and the mission can run for hours, no time jumping. Check your installation, there might be something broken.

Are you using any extra addons ?

Edit: Don't forget. 99% of the MP missions that get played currently are usermade custom missions. We get absolutely no help or support from BIS and do that all in our spare time! Although most of us are trying to make missions as bugfree as possible we don't have the time to test everything.

Xeno

Nothing extra installed. Windows server x64, installed to the dedi via steam andn added the server.exe myself.

dunno if this the right place to ask, but is it possible to unlock airplanes in Domination, so i can have a10 and others attack planes at start? Big noob here but wanna have fun thx in advance :).

dunno if this the right place to ask, but is it possible to unlock airplanes in Domination, so i can have a10 and others attack planes at start? Big noob here but wanna have fun thx in advance :).

Nope, solve some side missions and earn one :) Then be careful not to lose it :D

would it be possible to have a specified squad.xml processed and players mentioned in that file the ability to lock/unlock vehicals. (or even logged in admins only, or similar).

Biggest problem with domi imho is keeping people from wasting assets. Can be a full time job on a busy server, and this would transform the playability of the mission.

no problem if its asking too much, but it could be a challenge for you..

great mission xeno, id say keep up the good work, but you dont really owe me anything :)

would it be possible to have a specified squad.xml processed and players mentioned in that file the ability to lock/unlock vehicals. (or even logged in admins only, or similar).

Biggest problem with domi imho is keeping people from wasting assets. Can be a full time job on a busy server, and this would transform the playability of the mission.

no problem if its asking too much, but it could be a challenge for you..

great mission xeno, id say keep up the good work, but you dont really owe me anything :)

I'll second that, it would be great if we could define who gets to use critical vehicles on our server. Aside from the clan members we have a large bunch of regulars who play every night, and we could add these players to such a list. We can then add people to the list once we have shown them the ropes and they have demonstrated they are team players.

It could be possible ... all you need is to create a radio trigger that executes the spawn of the bonus vehicles (I used it in prior releases for testing issues) and make the execution only avaiable to certain player names. Of course player names can be faked so I really don't know it would make sense. I don't know either if you can grab the player ID with a scripting command to authorize some admin actions.

Other players have earned that A10 by clearing towns and side missions, who are you to come in and steal the toys that they have earned? And if you mean having the A10 on the tarmac at the start of the mission, well that'd be no fun, its better to earn it.

Alan.rio;1356482']who are you to come in and steal the toys that they have earned? And if you mean having the A10 on the tarmac at the start of the mission' date=' well that'd be no fun, its better to earn it.[/quote']

Well fun is subjective. A lot of people would be very interested in a Domination that was more sandbox than a strict system. He was just asking. There was no need to get on his back about it.

Alan.rio;1356482']Other players have earned that A10 by clearing towns and side missions' date=' who are you to come in and steal the toys that they have earned? And if you mean having the A10 on the tarmac at the start of the mission, well that'd be no fun, its better to earn it.[/quote']

He is talking about his own MP game, not stealing your precious planes. Don't lecture peolpe instead of answering their questions.

Fidai, yes, it's possible to add any vehicle to Domination. All you need to do is unpack the mission's .pbo file (google for pboView tool), save the mission files in your My Documents\Arma 2\missions folder, open the mission in the in-game editor and put whatever vehicle you want where you want it. Then save the mission as a "multiplayer mission" and you have your own modification of Domination.

If you want your vehicles to respawn when destroyed, double-click on one of the Xeno's vehicles one the airstrip (one of the choppers or a supply truck or whatever), copy the code located in its Init field and paste it into your vehicle's Init field. I don't remember the exact details (I did it about a week ago) but I think all you need is copy and paste.

Since this is a thread about Domination, I might as well ask here:

How do you repair the wrecks?

I took the wreck helo, had a loooooooong and paaaaaaaainfull flight with its completely uncontrollable flight controls, but finally managed to get a UH1 wreck right on the wreck service spot. And... Then what? I dropped it there but it looked pretty much like the same old wreck :/

its easier to leave the wreak attached and just drag it over the spot, it'll auto declip once its correct, however maybe your wreak repair building was down at the time.

however maybe your wreak repair building was down at the time.

I didnt notice any building there so maybe that's it.

If you want your vehicles to respawn when destroyed, double-click on one of the Xeno's vehicles one the airstrip (one of the choppers or a supply truck or whatever), copy the code located in its Init field and paste it into your vehicle's Init field. I don't remember the exact details (I did it about a week ago) but I think all you need is copy and paste.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this option? Whenever I look at the vehicles they usually have blank init fields. Is there a special tool or some file I need to download to view these fields?

Any one know how to chane the ai version so the hired soldier type can be something els ei team razor?

Edit: Never mind. solved.

Edited by Cougar

I've completely rewritten MP Paradrop which is part of the missions that you can find in missions.pbo provided with A2 (though it got disabled in one of the patches as it wasn't working anymore).

It should be fine now, please test!

It's a nice night mission, with respawn.

You get your weapons once the chopper takes off.

Drop over target area will happen automatically.

Download:

co40 MP Paradrop 1.0

The mission will be part of the next (and last) Dom mission pack.

Enjoy!

Xeno

thanks for the help with the refuel/rearm scripts but now im having a new problem with a respawn script...

although the respawn works on land, when i try to use a vehicle or aircraft on board the carrier with the same respawn script and i blow the object up to test he respawn it, the damaged item dissappear and then all the other vehicles and aircraft on the carrier not even near it disappear too... yet it works on land... any ideas??

Can you elaborate a bit more on this option? Whenever I look at the vehicles they usually have blank init fields. Is there a special tool or some file I need to download to view these fields?

Oops, sorry. I thought I found what needs to be in the Init line by looking at the existing vehicles, when, in fact, Xeno posted his advise in his old Arma 1 thread. I apologize for misinformation.

When you place a vehicle into a Domination mission, here is what needs to be in the Init line:

handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_scripts\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

Just copy and paste the above line. I don't really remember the details about it (the parameters and stuff), it worked for me just fine like that so I didn't have the need to tweak it.

each time i start a game, my BASE is attacked, and many convoy including 2S6 forbid me to use chopper to lift MHQ near towns.

please, explain me how erase these convoy , and make peace at our base...

edit: ok i found

Edited by GLeek

The mission will be part of the next (and last) Dom mission pack.

Enjoy!

Xeno

Hi,

does that mean you will update this mission just one last time ?

We tried the A2 version this week-end and we all liked it.

These are the bugs we found:

- "drop artillery" never worked, and was blocking the chopper (had to be shot down to be able to drop ammo box again)

- non artillery spotter were able to fire it

- no paradrop flag created on controlled town

- AI recruit zone stoped working, then disappeared completly but we've never been able to repair it

- respawn at HQ is taking time to be available to all players once the HQ has been moved (the moving player can use it right away)

We were playing "AI West" on a non-dedi server.

A save weapon config would be nice. :)

Thx for this mission !

Big time bug for us in West Domination. We run the complete 21 town mission. We leave it up for a few days to run. After the 2nd or 3rd day its running on our dedicated server we lose our wreck support building and helo repair/rearm building. What it is, an enemy tank will come through the air base and blow them up, leaving no wreckage of it behind to allow us to rebuild it. Have tried laying on the ground, have tried walking right on the spot it was with an engineer and nothing.

does that mean you will update this mission just one last time ?

Correct.

We were playing "AI West" on a non-dedi server.

That is exactly the reason why you were facing the problems.

But I will not change it because I do not support hosted environments anymore. Just think about it, if you as the host crash all other players get kicked out too. You can allways run the dedicated server beside your A2 and reconnect if you get in trouble.

A save weapon config would be nice. :)

Hm, no. You allready respawn with the weapons you had before you died, that's enough :)

After the 2nd or 3rd day its running on our dedicated server we lose our wreck support building and helo repair/rearm building.

Can you tell me which version ?

At least in T10 the ruins get placed by a script (and you should allways get an action menu entry).

The warfare buildings in A2 simply disappear if they get destroyed and you have to manually create ruins.

Xeno

Hi Xeno great map:D my Clan uses ur East Domi as were a Russian styled Clan. The thing is we want to add in some extra helos hinds/Ka's and some t90s to the standard map for members to use. The question is how do we get them to either A respawn back at base or show up as wrecks like the stuff you win from doing main and side missions.