Sign in to follow this  
Törni

Deleting SP missions

I exported a test mission to SP missions from the editor and now I cannot delete it from the list. I deleted all folders from the documents folder, but no avail. Mission is still playable and well. ArmA2 folder does not have any such files. So where does the game store mission data?

Exported SP or MP missions are saved .pbo files in the ArmA 2 main directory, usually under C:/program files/bohemia interactive/arma 2. Inside the directory there will be a Missions folder and MP Missions folder. Inside those you will find the pbos you extracted.

So I thought also like in ArmA. Game folder's mission folders are both empty. Only readmes in those and still the mission is playable?!?!?

quite the game and under my documents/arma2/missions you should have a folder that has the name of your test mission. delete it too and you should have no trace of it.

All user made content deleted form both locations. And still the damn test mission sits in SP missions menu and is playable. What kind of madness is this?

It is almost if the game can dig the deleted files from HD. Even the search does not find anything anymore.

EDIT: tested with a another mission with the same result. Editor files can be deleted, but exported SP missions

remain playable and clutter the menu even if you remove the files from Documents.

Edited by Törni

Found them finally. Editor clearly is not placing the files in the right place under Vista. I located the files manually in:

C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\missions

Seems editor saves Sp missions in a XP compatible folder.

I've been puzzled about the same thing. Thanks for the solution. Will try it as soon as possible.

IF you have a MP save in that ninja folder and you press Preview in the editor it will preview the MP save NOT the one you are working on. You can tell by pressing Back after Preview and see the yellow name (MP Name) is highlighted. Best thing is to save both MP and user mission and after clicking Preview click Back then Restart if available so you Restart the new MP mission. Another thing to keep in mind.

Found them finally. Editor clearly is not placing the files in the right place under Vista.

That's proper for Vista. If you want them to save in the ArmA2\Missions directory you need to run ArmA2 as an administrator.