Sign in to follow this  
Alex72

Want camo face?

My mate got the hidden camo faces to work on his character and this is how its done:

Open the "Yourname.ArmA2Profile" (in Documents&Settings/ARMA2 folder) and look almost at the bottom where it looks like this:

class Identity

{

face="Face01";

glasses="Tactical";

speaker="Male02";

squad="";

pitch=0.97714806;

Now go through this list of face classnames:

http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Class/Faces/

Choose a face you like and add its classname into the face line. Example: face="Face01_camo2";

Save the file and dont go mess with faces in the profile section in the game. You wont see your camo face in there if i understood it correct. But it will show in the game.

Works in SP & MP.

Have fun.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Nice find, I'm assuming these work in MP as well since they are included by BIS?

Nice find, I'm assuming these work in MP as well since they are included by BIS?

Im wondering this aswell....

When added it will work everywhere. ;)

Will add info to first post.

When i do this, it switches from the face i had selected before to default with no camo. I am using the steam version and no matter what face i type in it just makes it default.

When i do this, it switches from the face i had selected before to default with no camo. I am using the steam version and no matter what face i type in it just makes it default.

Once you have set it, don't go back to the profile, It reverts the face back to default. To test, use the editor

Does anyone know the classnames for OA faces? (if there are new ones?)

Are the ArmAII ones included in OA?

I'm looking in that file and cant find anything with "class identity" in it at all. Should i copy/paste that code into the yourname.arma2profile file?

EDIT, Nevermind, found it in a different directory.

Edited by Durka-Durka

Makes you wonder why this cant be a selecteable detail in player profile.

Makes you wonder why this cant be a selecteable detail in player profile.
That would make more than 600 faces to choose from...too much for me scrolling through.

That would make more than 600 faces to choose from...too much for me scrolling through.

Additional selection option in the face menu anyone? ;)

Guess this is one of the things i dont get just like why there are no classic thick black frame glasses that soldiers with glasses usually wear but thats offtopic :)

Additional selection option in the face menu anyone? ;)

Guess this is one of the things i dont get just like why there are no classic thick black frame glasses that soldiers with glasses usually wear but thats offtopic :)

Don't you know the classic Gasmaskenbrille which was issued into the late 90's I use them as "field glasses" basically.

Looks like this