Sign in to follow this  
Afrothunde6

Problems commanding squad

When I select another unit and become him

e.g press f2, select soldier, move about with him

I then return to Coops and he has got mount on his picture, I press regroup and the men "all group to all" or something like that, they don't return to formation or follow me/Coops when I walk away. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not so can you please help me with this

Thanks

This was also a bug in Arma1 when random troops were put into command. I THINK one way to rectify it (please correct m e if I'm wrong) was to select yourself then press ready (F1, 5, 0) Hadn't the bug for a while so my memory may be fuzzy.

Hope that helps

Basically the "#1" guy is also a member of the group. The group can be given orders and #1 can't order #1 around so you have a state were #1 is not "in formation" but he is leading.

#2, #3, etc won't accept orders from #1 when #1 is not all squared away himself. It's pretty easy to replicate using some scripting or teamswitching.

so how do I make it so that everyone is following 1?

Because I can get everyone to follow 2 or 3 or 4 but not 1

Well well, this was the EXACT issue I had when using COC/CEX in arma1!

Tried and tested bug via COC/CEX. If you flipped to leader, flipped back he would be busy and no other members attatched to him could do anything. In the case of COC/CEX mod the leader would always be stuck in "mount" mode.

I had this yesterday. I got badly injured when entering a tank and had that crazy vision. I couldn't get out of the tank so i switched to the Corpsman and the AI kicked in and got Cooper out of the tank. Me and the guys cleared the area (Manhattan main enemy base i think) and then i healed Cooper, switched back to him and had 'Mount' over me in the squad icons. After that i couldn't get the squad to regroup and all i got was "All. Follow 3." even switching to 3 gave "3. Follow 3":D a quick resume from a save with me hiding in the trees sorted it out but it's a PITA for sure.

OP was it with 1.02? I havent tried the new pacth yet (just watching quallifying for the F1 on delay) but my day is free after that:)

Yeah, I've had this thing as well.

I found the best way around it by simply giving the game what it wants to - getting into a vehicle.

It doesn't matter which, as long as you do it.

Annoying for sure, but thankfully I keep a car with me at all times ;)

I tried getting into a vehicle, even a few vehicles, but no joy, like i said the only way i could find to get rid of it was to revert. It sucks having to nanny your squad all over hte map.

You need a "bugfix" script that orders "player doFollow player." I don't think there's a way to unfux it inside a mission using built in abilities.

The car entering thing only works if the "enter car order" is what's keeping #1 "out of formation." If that's the sticking point then you can comply with the request. There are other reasons why #1 gets stuck "out of formation" that has nothing to do with vehicles.

report it in the bug section (troubleshooting sticky) or bug report.

Pretty bad that a bug which was obvious in a third party mod in arma1 gets implemented into Arma2 and has the same issue!?

You don't even have to mod ArmA1 to encounter this problem. It's less a bug and more a consequence of how the orders system works. BIS never gave the player the necessary tools to correct these sort of "locked your keys in the car" style snafus.

Basically the "#1" guy is also a member of the group. The group can be given orders and #1 can't order #1 around so you have a state were #1 is not "in formation" but he is leading.

I believe this also creates problem when you are ordering all of your team to enter or leave vehicle that is not part of your group (i.e. Maddox's chopper in campaign). The other group's AI do not have the leader in it's "wait for all these guys to finish embarking/disembarking" list since he do not have the order so the vehicle leaves without you or you're stuck onboard when the rest of the team left.

yeah it's damn annoying when that happens, i remember i had to use a script to force the vehicle to 'wait' until everyone has embarked on a few missions.

I'm hoping that in arma2, you can actually order ai member that's in your group to land the chopper without 'disembarking'.