Sign in to follow this  
R3APER

AA is disabled 1.02

i installed patch and got lots of errors but clicked ignore it did complete but not sure what it failed to install now i go to setting and AA is there but it says disabled is this correct if it is can i work around it?

I try and reinstall patch but it says its already installed so im reinstalling the ga,me and im gonna dl from a different link.

How many activations do i have with this game i dont wanna run out and if i do can i get it reset?

AA is showing but not enabled in this patch, it's a future patch that will 'switch' it on.

you can open the CFG in your arma2 profile and try these settings 'if' you want to play round with AA

FSAA=0 - Disabled

FSAA=1 - Low

FSAA=2 - Normal

FSAA=3 - High

etc

Shadows will be disabled if you try any of the above options for AA.

Southy

Ok thatnks for that ill try that now also just redownloaded the patch from the ftp addresss and it installed perfect. This was the link that gave me the bad patch http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=patches&id=16

so i wouldnt touch that maybe someone can contact them or at least metion that there patch is a little funky.

you can open the CFG in your arma2 profile and try these settings 'if' you want to play round with AA

FSAA=0 - Disabled

FSAA=1 - Low

FSAA=2 - Normal

FSAA=3 - High

etc

Shadows will be disabled if you try any of the above options for AA.

Southy

changing the fsaa doesnt do anything for me, it simply defaults back to 0 when i run arma, and my shadows still work :/. i even set the file to read only and it still doesnt do anything. any ideas?

Ok thatnks for that ill try that now also just redownloaded the patch from the ftp addresss and it installed perfect. This was the link that gave me the bad patch http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=patches&id=16

so i wouldnt touch that maybe someone can contact them or at least metion that there patch is a little funky.

same here, got errors when installing the patch from that link. i'm downloading the one from rapidshare right now to see if i can install it without a problem. of course the rapidshare file is crawling. the other one dl'd nice and fast.

edit: did you reinstall before patching? i downloaded the file from rapidshare and it gave me the same message of already being patched to 1.02

Edited by Porter_

Yea i had to reinstall before patching

changing the fsaa doesnt do anything for me, it simply defaults back to 0 when i run arma, and my shadows still work :/. i even set the file to read only and it still doesnt do anything. any ideas?

I just installed and patched ArmA II and trying to get it set up and experiencing the exact same thing here. After making an image I will try changing drivers and see if things changes...

Running on a (somewhat ancient) GeForce 7950 GT 512 MB with driver version 169.21 and the following startup line (if it matters?).

"D:\Games\ArmA II\arma2.exe" -nosplash -profiles=d:\games\ARMAII~1\ -name=KeyCat

/KC

Edited by KeyCat