Sign in to follow this  
Motivator

Getting errors trying to install the patch

GERMAN VERSION

Finally got it to work

1) Unistall game, manually delete ArmA2 folder, remove any leftovers from My Documents

2) Run CCleaner (tis free) or similar Registry cleaner

3) Re-install game...DO NOT PATCH yet

4) Play game version 1.00, run a scenario (you don't have to finish..just get it started then exit)...exit the game

5) Patch to 1.01...DO NOT PATCH to 1.02

6) Play game version 1.01, run a scenario (I used the Village one both times, and again..just get it started then quit), exit the game

7) Patch to 1.02

This process finally got me patched to 1.02 with no errors

NOTE: Trying to use a game save from 1.01 in 1.02 caused the game to crash, probably why the patch notes warn against using older game saves

Give this a try...it may help you get patched up. (arma2.exe in task manager while patching was not the cause of my issues apparently)

I do this. and have the error too. i ran the patch a 2nd time an ignore the first three errors ("xdelta3 returned error code: 1" that would be the files they have patched by the first time before occurs the error.).

After this the patch looks like runs normally. Unfortunately the Anims.pbo was the file with the error. So i can't play because ma avatar stuck in the Ground an doesn't move. After a little bit frustrating i look in the .pbo folder an found somthing...

two of the first three files was doubled and one of the doubled with a .tmp ending. the anim.pbo from the first try was only with .tmp ending. So i deleted the smaller doubled files and names the single .tmp file from "anim.pbo.tmp" to "anim.pbo" (~600 MB) and o wonder... it works...

Did any of you check to see if the game was still running in task manager?

there is a bug where after you exit the game it is still running and you have to force quit from task manager, that is the problem I had.

Now i got patch installed I have a new AA box in the settings, but it wont let me alter it, so the game is all jaggies ;-(((( anyone else got this?

hi all

I seem to be having more luck than most, I can install the patch but the single player game craches to desktop.

Did any of you check to see if the game was still running in task manager?

there is a bug where after you exit the game it is still running and you have to force quit from task manager, that is the problem I had.

Im very sure that the game was NOT running during the patch. It looks like more a rename error in the patch exe

We known all the bugs in the BIS Game Patches since beginning...and the speed then would be fixed (less then a week) sometime It looks like a typo in the install exe.

btw: No betas more? Maruks what's wrong? It's irritated me that a patch is NOt more Beta for Years. ;)

Anyone getting the

"Arma 2 is not installed or maybe corrupt msg" make sure you didn't rename the ARMA2.exe file for any reason previously. if you did rename it back to Arma2.exe and try again.

yeah, i checked if arma is runing in taskmaneger, it was not, tried reinstaling 3 times, different patches, no luck, i patched it, but with errors...

man this blows so hard, i had no intention to buy this game, but then i said wth and now i cant even patch it properly :(

yeah, i checked if arma is runing in taskmaneger, it was not, tried reinstaling 3 times, different patches, no luck, i patched it, but with errors...

man this blows so hard, i had no intention to buy this game, but then i said wth and now i cant even patch it properly :(

You have try my rename method? You cheked the taskmanager?

On my fifth install of the game, 3rd install worked fine, but then just kinda went wrong, back to ugly blurry view, so i reinstalled, but it wouldnt even load after patching, had some securom message, should have written it down. So im trying again, spent 2 days trying to get this game to work properly.

i know just how you feel my friend, sadly no response form the devs :(

anything guys? im just playing with 1.2 instaled now (with errors left alone)

Could we have a patch for the patch please?

Just got error on anims.pbo on the 505 UK release before even launching the game for the first time - so it definately wasnt running in task manager!

Lovely stuff...

up same problem here no solution...

i'm trying to make a copy of the unpacked files in a safe place, now i will try to put those files back in the addon dir and try to patch again.. i wanna see if it has courage enough that cannot patch a fresh file.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

This is what happened in the patch so far :

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ArmA 2: aggiornamento in corso della versione 1.01 alla versione 1.02...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\ANIMS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CA.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\CHERNARUS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\STRUCTURES.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

La patch 3884160i ArmA 2 c stata applicata.

As the last line says finally i succesfully applied the patch.

I had a dir with the backup addon and when the patch said Error CRC, i simply take the fresh backup file and paste it in the game addon directory overwriting the old one. By Doing so i pressed then RETRY and the patch could go further on the next files till the last one.

I dont know why this happens anyway its very strange.

Some strange news from me: Today a Error occurs ("key was missing/wrong for Missin.pbo") on every key signed server. no key signed can't start the missions. Mission.pbo looks corrupt. No Problem. Over installed without clearing or deinstall the old game. Started, v1.0. Overintall Patch 1.02...no errors. Game works fine.

I'm getting an error when updating from the older 1.02 to the newer 1.02 patch build:

"ArmA 2 patch 1.02 has been already applied."

It updates the game despite of the message. Just check the video options. AA is now enabled even with shadows. I guess the rest is identical to the older 1.02 patch.

so i re-installed the game (for the 5th time), tried to aply the new and improved 1.2 over clean install:

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

ArmA 2: Updating version 1.01 to version 1.02...

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\DUBBING.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\MISC3.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

Update 1.01-1.02\ADDONS\WEAPONS.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

ArmA 2 patch 1.02 has been applied successfully.

fuck this shit and fuck this game

Still no solution to this? I've been running on the original 1.02 because of this problem. Thankfully multiplayer is still accessible but AA would be nice.

A few friends at another forum pointed me here as I was having similar issues.

My Main install was to my E drive, and the 1.02 patch would not apply, tried re installing and re dling patches, cleaning out the registry etc, still no joy.

To fix it I installed on the default C drive ( after moving a lot of files so I still had plenty of space after the install, XP home, latest SP etc )

So after the re install, I ran one scenario but did not change vid options etc, then rebooted, ran the patch.

On each error, I copied the file in question from the DVD to the installed folder, then hit retry, took a while longer to patch, but eventually it worked.

Prior to that when I ignored the errors, I could play on some servers ( unsigned ones I guess ) but got kicked from signed servers as they assumed I had modified files.

So, try to install to the default directory, play a scenario, reboot, apply patch, get error, copy the file from DVD to directory, hit retry in patcher etc.

So far, no issues playing on any server, and the signed server my forum mates use is ok too :)

Someone else posted about copying the files from the DVD to the install, kudos to them ( sorry I can't recall their name )/

Getting the following error:

patcherror.jpg

I had this problem with the first patch however I have another PC which I can install to which enables me to simply copy over the files, which should work again.

However, I'd rather have the ability to install without these issues cropping up every time there is a patch. :(

I had this issue with Arma 1 under win 7 build 7100, worked fine under XP and Vista though.

After recently formatting and starting from step one I still encounter:

error xdelta3 returned error code: 1

However, simply ignoring the error still completed the patch install. If I encounter any issues I'll let you guys know.

//--------Edit

Turns out that errors flag up every now and then in regards to files patched. =/

Edited by Talyn

Some Unfunny News Today: It looks like that the Cheat Protectíon can Detect these Corruptet Files and takes Actions against the Player. Yesterday i would be Auto Banned from a Server for Wrong File Checksum. Several Days Ago a Server Spit out the Classic Fade Warning. Can anyone Confirm this?