Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

New to ArmA2 and have some questions?

Question.

How do I call on team mates (not AI controlled) to pick me up?

Say if i need a lift out of somewhere and see a chopper how do i tell them I need a lift.

Or just broadcast "i need a lift" at this position.

i'm lost - I spawn, but who is in my squad, where can i find this out as in their location on the map. also, how do I shout my co-ordinates out in MP?

i see this all the time but can't do it myself.

thanks

Question.

Say if i need a lift out of somewhere and see a chopper how do i tell them I need a lift.

Originally Posted by cm

to call the chopper:

0 "Reply" --> 8 "communicate" --> 1 "support" --> "transport"

then click on the map where you want to be picked up from

to get it to take you somewhere

0 "reply" --> 8 "communicate" --> 1 "support" --> "transport (active)"

and click on the map where you want to be dropped off.

Originally Posted by cm

to call the chopper:

0 "Reply" --> 8 "communicate" --> 1 "support" --> "transport"

then click on the map where you want to be picked up from

to get it to take you somewhere

0 "reply" --> 8 "communicate" --> 1 "support" --> "transport (active)"

and click on the map where you want to be dropped off.

thanks

I go 0,8,1 but don't get any transport under the support tab :(

Question.

your team mate is a human then? then you just tell him to pick you up. via chat or teamspeak or ingame VOIP

Yeah MP Human team mate.

I was was using chat but thought maybe there was a easier way to request a lift :D

How do you switch the red ai indicators for ofpfor on and off. I seem to have lost the red brackets for the enemy ai, even in recruit mode

Cheers, Impi

I'm having trouble with tanks, sspecially online..

Is it better to have AI gunner and commander or AI driver? Should I set the AI to scan horizon and engage at will or do i need to tell them who to target specifically and when to fire? If I am in a tank with 2 players as commander, can I mark targets for them?

Thanks!

In ArmA and so far in ArmA II the best way I've found to get a squad to get in a HMMWV is for YOU to get in first, then ~ to select everyone, then tell them to GET IN. Unfortunately the Spacebar menu in ArmA too is context sensitive, so once I tried that and instead they go in the HMMWV infront of me since that's where my cursor was. In ArmA your vehicle was always listed first. Ahh well. :)

@impi, I believe the red brackets appear when a target has been called by the squad leader.

@conkermon, I prefer to gun myself while telling the AI where to drive. Or sometimes it works better the other way. It's confusing. :)

Hi, i did make a thread but didnt get an answer. Hopefully you can help.

How do you give your team ammo/new weapons(if you can)?

Can you give them weapons off dead soldiers? If so how?

Ive tried forum search/google search and even read the manual but doesnt help.

So far only way to rearm has been from the base via the menu refuel,rearm, heal(or something along those lines)

Thanks in advance:D

I'm currently on mission 5, attempting to use the transport helicopter to effectively get to the three spread out clue markers (red X's), I'm having no trouble selecting a LZ, but the problem is it's usually wooded area, and the pilot simply suicides into the trees, ending the mission. When i tried to override the command after spotting a clear patch, the pilot ignores command and goes for the first LZ regardless. Any way to get around this?

@evlbond

Your weapon/ammunition

If you want to give your AI teammates either weapon(s) or ammunition from your inventory, simply drop the weapon (Note: by doing this, you will drop all the magazines/clips you had for said weapon onto the ground) or ammunition onto the ground and give the order for the AI teammate, who is going to receive the weapon, to "Move" over to your weapon/ammunition stack. Then tell your AI teammate to "Gear" [Press 6 for the action tab and scroll through the messages until you reach the "Gear" action] and you should be able to put the weapon/ammunition, which you dropped, into your teammate's inventory as if you were gearing up.

This method also works with Weapon/Ammunition Crates.

Enemy's/Dead Soldier's weapon/ammunition

To pick up a dead person's weapon or ammunition you could use the same method as above: telling the AI teammate to "Move" over to the dead body and using the "Gear" to select the new gear.

Or, an easier way to tell your AI teammates to pick up a weapon is to tell them to "Take (weapon name here)" and your teammate should go over to the person's body and pick up the weapon and a number of magazines/clip. (Note: if there are many bodies in your vicinity it will be hard to know which body the AI teammate is going to go after).

Hope that answers your question, Evlbond. :bounce3:

I saw somewhere a chart that showed what range all the Arma 2 rifles are sighted to. Can anyone please remind me where that chart is? Thanks!

I guess my question was overlooked...is there any way to cancel the current drop off location and reassign it somewhere else? I try 8, 4, 1, 1 on a safe area but the transport pilot always attempts to land in the unsafe LZ first, causing a mission failure or at best I lose the chopper support. There is way too much ground to cover in mission 5 for me to foot it, would appreciate any help, thanks.

Yes, you can adjust the Starforce21 landing or pickup zone while the request is active. Simply rerequest the landing or pickup and the point will be updated. I have used this method to prevent a pilot from deciding to land on a lake bottom.

A more advanced is to use this redirection to force the helicopter to fly a non-direct path.

For me, I'll update the landing and the pilot still goes and crashes into the unsafe LZ. :( Maybe I'm doing it too late or something, I'll mess around with it some more. I guess I'm doing the right thing if it's just 8, 4, 1, 1.

two questions:

1- Is the ability to heal yourself no longer supported in ArmA2? in ArmA1 you pick up medic kit and you could heal yourself.

2- Sometimes when i'm injured, i can't even re-load my weapon is this a bug or it depends on how bad you're injured!

1: Depends, there is the First Aid Module, however a lot of the old revive scripts and such have been ported over from ArmA1. If you are refering to the ACE healing system where if you carry med supplies you can perform first aid on yourself for simple wounds, no it is not in ArmA2, however ACE2 is in the works and seems to be making a lot of progress, however no ETA as of this time for it's release.

2. In ArmA2 I have yet to experience this, or I have an didn't notice.

Sometimes you are incapacitated (your screen will flash red, the AI will relieve you of command) but can still crawl and shoot. You can't reload, use sights or even switch fire settings, however.

"Tank movement while in Commander view"

in Operation Flashpoint while commanding armor/vehicles i like to use the move cursor key/(similar like the one we move around infantry) instead of forward,reverse,fast,move left/right order to driver. i can't seem to find this feature at Arma 2? anyway to get it back..right now its too cumbersome to use the move order we have now. Thx in advance.

When you give the order to move the vehicle, you are giving a waypoint to the commander of the vehicle, so basically you are telling yourself to tell the driver to move.

You could try manually selecting the ai that is driver and tell him to move, although I haven't tried it myself

Have a question, what is post processing effects for ?

Is that option could decreased performance ?

Sorry if this is in wrong thread, I dunno where I should put this question in...