Sign in to follow this  
Axel88

AXEL'S ARMA IDEAS and dudes comments.

Well I bought Arma on a whim ... I saw videos of it online and thought... "Why don't I know about this game...it looks better than anything I have played.?" I played it and it was. FAR better than any other games out there... My gaming friends tell me that if I made a game it would be too realistic to be fun... but I have made missions for them to play and they enjoyed themselves A LOT :rolleyes: So what am I saying here. Arma nees publicity.. > YOU TUBE < and it is a military simulation.... gamers are trying to escape reality... you want their money you nned to help em get away ... look at the success of that tripe World of Warcraft. (Eve Online player talking)... So what are my ideas. Well you have already the slickest combat engine I have seen...except for TRACER FIRE OFF! cheesey weapon fire lines make my friends eyeballs twitch... modern players are used to complex animations of gore and weapon fire... so use that to create the escape while still catering for you hardcore military enthusiasts.

IDEA #: TO build upon the terrific amount of detail in the game include to the game... player repairs to damaged vehicles...WHY? to deepen the immersion as a player can then fix up his jeep by changing the tire to continue awesome mission...

IDEA#: ZOMBIE MOD... Zombies are the PERFECT enemy... you can gun them down all day and not feel even a tiny bit bad. Create a zombie spawn method that can have players planning their way through zombie territory counting their bullets (even for heavy weapons) as limitless zombies roam and respawn... they desperately seek fuel for their vehicles food for themselves water... complex damage models and rations anti zombi meds. Chop wood to make a fire.. in a suitable spot or freeze...then finally get to that chopper and escape like you team mate planned when he created the level.

IDEA#: Warfare is Great! but almost every player I met in a warfare server bitched about the size of the map... shrink it a little for the babies...but keep the option for the grownups to battle over larger areas.

IDEA#: The interface for the warfare base construction can be used to prepared defences... camoflaging.... digging tanks hull down.... tricks and traps.. piled up logs to roll down hills... bulldozed holes for tanks to crash into... fake woden tanks to absorb enemy fire... prepared smoke traps. the list is almost endless... and the more endless it is the the more the players will revel in their freesom to wreak all kinds of twisted havok:D

As a self-certified "professional" at Nazi Zombies in Call of Duty: World at War...

Even I must say that there are far more important things BIS could devote themselves to rather than zombies.

Like the numerous bugs that must be fixed. And adding walking in moving vehicles. And adding aircraft countermeasures. And adding a CCIP.

Player repairs to damaged vehicles would be a very arcady addition if implemented incorrectly. I think BIS are already stretching it with their supply trucks. I believe in repairs to a vehicle only if the player has the necessary supplies ready, and not every soldier is going to be able to refit a tire on a HMMWV.

Shrinking the map for Warfare won't happen given the amount of work that went into building the current Chernarus. It needs no downsizing at all. The problem you are encountering is probably a lack of players (Warfare should be played with at least 20 players). ;)

piled up logs to roll down hills...

have you been watching too much starwars? ;)

IDEA#: ZOMBIE MOD... Zombies are the PERFECT enemy... you can gun them down all day and not feel even a tiny bit bad. Create a zombie spawn method that can have players planning their way through zombie territory counting their bullets (even for heavy weapons) as limitless zombies roam and respawn... they desperately seek fuel for their vehicles food for themselves water... complex damage models and rations anti zombi meds. Chop wood to make a fire.. in a suitable spot or freeze...then finally get to that chopper and escape like you team mate planned when he created the level.

If you give me your ArmA2 copy i will port CZM to ArmA2 within a day. :p

And adding walking in moving vehicles. and not every soldier is going to be able to refit a tire on a HMMWV.

*raises eyebrow.... walking in moving vehicles. Thats so...so...so... stupid :eek: What are you goona do with the ability to wriggle around in your trucks cabin? ... oh the driver.. he does have pretty eyes.. you swing that way hey.??:o

And I guess you are one of those up emselves self obessed uni grads that think that people who havent gone to uni are "uneducated".... no degree required to change a tire bozo :rolleyes: Change tire... hello every car has a spare and tools... I mean what the hell? Do you move from in front of your PC?... Seriously you have weirded me out... TIRE CHANGING... I have swapped cars engines.... no training... works perfectly.

Ahh forums... where you can reach out into the world and be horrofied... by forum users... forum users are the reason I HATE forums.

---------- Post added at 12:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

IDEA# I have friends who I showed Arma... they were shooting enthusiasts. And this is what I would do PRIMARILY if this was my game to develop and I am kicking myself for not remembering.

WINDAGE!.. would only need to be calculated on certain weapons. Sure its been talked about many many times but I wanna go down as voting it primary feature for addition before I leave due to inability to tolerate forum... "dudes"

Oh and the grenade mechanic in ARMA is dumb.. hope its better now.