Sign in to follow this  
RogueHALLINAN

equipment help

Hi guys forum virgin here ...............

I cant seem to select what weapon i respawn with in multiplayer ........

When joining i select what weapon and gear i want and im happy , but once iv died and respawned im stuck with the ak47 :mad: is there a way to reselect gear befor respawn ?

Thanks for any info :bounce3:

Hello mate

Welcome to the forums.

There is a lot to learn about Arma2.

Things such a weapon selection depend on which mission you are playing (Multiplayer or not). These things are setup by the mission creator, and so not all missions follow the same kit selection scripts which you may have encountered on some servers, or indeed player respawns on death.

Try looking into ofpec editing guide to get an idea of what kind of things are defined by the mission.

Yeah, depends entirely on the mission and how the creator set it up. Also, don't forget that you usually can pick up weapons of dead enemies (careful with friendly fire though, because of the distinct sounds&look of weapons) and look out for ammo/weapon crates that are often placed conveniently near the spawn location. In Warfare you can also buy new ones near the Warfare-buildings. Some missions you might even start out without any weapons or only just a pistol which can be entirely intentional too (or a big oversight on behalf of the mission creator, hehe). Some will also give you simply the same weapons after respawn that you had when dying, even if you changed your loadout by picking up extra stuff/diff. weapons from crates.