dslyecxi

Dslyecxi's ArmA2 Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Guide Published

It's here! Over two years after the first TTP was published and juuuust in time for the Euro launch of A2, I bring you... TTP2! Whee! :yay:

ttp2_mainpage_banner.png

http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com

Quoting Marek Španěl regarding this iteration of the guide,

"Dslyecxi's guide is an unbelievably complex, detailed and informative resource, showing many ways how to be more efficient in combat in ARMA II and hopefully also get more enjoyment from the game. The previous guide was already unique, and it is breathtaking to see it this much improved right on time for the international release of ARMA II.

This guide is simply one of a kind and I strongly recommend it to everyone who will be sent to Chernarus!"

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated! Hope you guys enjoy it. Note that this actually ended up being almost precisely twice as big as the first guide in wordcount. :eek:

Oh, and yes - there is a print version of it in development for those who are looking forward to that.:)

Edited by Dslyecxi

Awesome, I am a BF2: Project Reality player but I love your Arma guide and I was wondering if you would do a new one for Arma 2, my question is now answered :)

(I'm obviously planning on getting Arma 2)

Thanks

(edited the first post to include that oh-so-mystical link... yeah, got a little carried away with excitement there. ;) )

As a group, ShackTac is extremely fortunate to have such a comprehensive and effective set of SOPs in dslyecxi's TTP and now the TTP2. It's even more awesome that dslyecxi is offering it to the community for free.

I guess I could go to bed an hour or two later...(it's a damn conspiracy!).

Hehe, j/k, nicely done, as usual. :)

...that thing really is huge!

Now we just need a nub versions (that nubs will actually read), and an advanced shortened version to make people who have a clue how to behave on a battlefield get into Arma 2 without reading loads of pages of combat basics they're already familiar with ;)

The TTP has been such a great tool for realistic gamers for two years, and the TTP2 will continue to do the same. Great work Dslyecxi!

Great to see this released. Is it downloadable so it can be read offline?

Great to see this released. Is it downloadable so it can be read offline?

Not currently, but if you're really interested in that, there's a poll at the end of the guide that has some questions/feedback areas. If I get enough of a response re: an e-book/downloadable version, I'll look into it.

Thanks for putting this together!

Edited by Henk

Not currently, but if you're really interested in that, there's a poll at the end of the guide that has some questions/feedback areas. If I get enough of a response re: an e-book/downloadable version, I'll look into it.

Yes e-book :)

Grats on a great guide, I must say that BIS have an unique community of great people that gather around its products!

Looking good. Even though I'm only partially through it, this gives the manual from DCS a run for it's money. You obviously spent alot of time and effort and it shows. Extremely well laid out. In fact, this would be a great source for actual military units to gain knowledge from. A++++++++

Nicely done :) Have been looking forward for this. Looking at it now, and found this:

"Large rocks, boulders, stone fences, and fallen trees. All of these provide nice hard cover and tend to attract people to them due to their protective attributes."

Does this mean that in Arma2 fallen trees can be used as cover? In Arma1 coop they were a pain since AI wouldn't even be sight affected nor shoot affected, yet we would remain blind. If so, this is truly great news in Arma2.

Does this mean that in Arma2 fallen trees can be used as cover? In Arma1 coop they were a pain since AI wouldn't even be sight affected nor shoot affected, yet we would remain blind. If so, this is truly great news in Arma2.

There are dead trees in the forest already. The ones that you knock down won't provide cover, but the ones already there will. Correcting it to clarify.

as usually nice guide and worth read ...