dslyecxi

Dslyecxi's ArmA2 Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures Guide Published

Nice job on the manual, there is some really good stuff in there. The term "special forces" should only be used when talking about U.S. Army Special Forces. Special Operation Forces should be used as a generic term. There are some tactics I would change in the aviation portion of the manual. However, what's used in real life can't always be applied to video games. Overall I think it's an outstanding read and a great contribution to the community.

Edited by monty67t

Thanks for this, now I have something to read while waiting for the steam release. I'll consider getting the printed version when its out too.

Congrats Dslyecxi! I've been waiting for this - to get a printed copy! :D

The TTP is invaluable for what we do. I'd like to thank Dslyecxi for putting so much of his free time into creating this fantastic guide for the community.

There was a ridiculous amount of information in there. Read and bookmarked, Have a feeling I'll need to read that beast over 3 or 4 times.

Thanks Dslyecxi, you sure are a great boast to the community! I hope you get as much enjoyment out of writing the guide as we do in imploying it.

I think with the much better squad AI in arma2 the tactics in the guide will be much easier to peform in single player than they were in arma.

Maybe i just didn't get enough time to improve but with arma i sometimes had trouble with getting some of the tactics to get me results (talking sp here even though we all know it was made for mp in mind), compared to say .. setting your team down and waiting for the enemy to come to you.

However, following the advice from the guide did make the game more fun whether it helped me or not and for the same reason i look foward to studying the guide for arma 2! :)

Edited by Flock

Your hard work were much admired.

The new TTP will be the most useful teaching material for the community.

Thanks Dslyecxi!

Could someone post a link to the the first TTP for ArmA, please ?

Congrats on the release! As always; Great Guide and Awesome Job!

Hard to believe what you have done, Dslyecxi :eek:

Really professionally implemented and very easy to read.

But when comes the German version? :D

Greeting

Silola

An awesome piece of work! Well done and thanks for your excellent contributions to this community :)

very nicely done. :)

i'm not quite sure what to make of the additional helicopters (Sea Knight, Sea Stallion) mentioned in the guide. they are not in the game and i haven't seen any community-made ones yet, either. might they be coming in a patch? :confused:

just had to LOGIN and say:

Thanks mate, superb work!

Simply excellent ! Thanks a lot Dslyecxi. OFP/ArmA really has one of the best community :yay:

I think it would be an excellent idea to put this guide with the ArmA II DVD. A lot of new players, who don't always come on the official forums, would benefit from the ShackTac guide and approach the game better.

Yep what can i say: Thank you! I have spread the link around to everyone i know and told them to READ!!! :D

Highly appreciated! Good f-ing work!

Cheers

Alex

Very nice guide, but it didn't really help or teach me anything new :(

Excellent guide, even to people who haven't been marines!

Should have been included in the Arma 2 packaging and tutorials made based on your most excellent guide. That is the only way to play the game and really enjoy it.

Seriously, BI made a terrible mistake and missed a great opportunity to help gamers discover the true nature of their game and help make multiplayer even more enjoyable.

Excellent work!

Now I need an addon "instant military justice" enabling each side commander to instantly putting misbehaving soldiers ignoring this manual into jail :D