Sign in to follow this  
warlock2511

Arma2 dedicated server howto

Awesome this looks much better to follow ok thanks doing it now :).

did all that it created files but not the right ones ffs I give up cant be assed thanks for the help though.

I have

E:\OASERVER\Users\server

and in the server folder is a file called server. and if I try to delete it all I cant gives error

cannot delete file cannot read from the source file or disk so I am stuck with a folder in me E: drive now.

Edited by stk2008

I have calmed down a little now sorry.

Still cant delete the folder it created never mind I will reformat before Christmas with a new hard drive so not to worry's.

I am now using TA2DST v1.0b and seems to make it easier to set up a beta server all though I haven't actually attempted to connect to my server yet as I am running the dedi server on my game rig so what I want to know is

If I run a dedicated Beta server on me game rig and then try to connect to it from the same computer using the same DVD key etc will it be ok or kick in FADE.

I dont want to run it like this only till I know I can set it up correctly then I will install it on another pc using what I have learnt.

Thanks

If I run a dedicated Beta server on me game rig and then try to connect to it from the same computer using the same DVD key etc will it be ok or kick in FADE.

It's ok to do that. I've been doing it for years myself.

Doesn't matter if server is beta or not.

that file "server" is probably correct. You don't need to delete it.

What you do is that you configure YOUR players settings to fit your whishes and then copy the content of your players PLAYER.ArmA2OAProfile into server.ArmA2OAProfile file.

You just don't see the extention of the file with w7.

And dedicated server don't use cd-key, so thats no problem.

I also use Junction (or you can use mklink) to create shortcuts to addons. To make tha path shorter.

Then I would create an addons catalog in your E:\OASERVER\, so that you get E:\OASERVER\Addons\

Inside E:\OASERVER\Addons\ you would donwload your addons.

E:\OASERVER\Addons\@ACE

E:\OASERVER\Addons\@CBA

etc

Then use "cmd" and move to your ArmA2OA catalog and write:

junction @ACE E:\OASERVER\Addons\@ACE

junction @CBA E:\OASERVER\Addons\@CBA

or with mklink:

mklink /j @ACE E:\OASERVER\Addons\@ACE

mklink /j @CBA E:\OASERVER\Addons\@CBA

Quite easy

Now you can load -mod=@ACE;@CBA since those "folders" excist inside your ArmA2OA folder.

Edited by NoBrainer

Hello) Tell me please how to disable the CROSS for all the players on my ACE server! which line i put in server.cfg ?

Thanks for any help! :)

Hello) Tell me please how to disable the CROSS for all the players on my ACE server! which line i put in server.cfg ?

Thanks for any help! :)

Not your server.cfg, but your server.arma2oaprofile file.

In your classes

class Difficulties -> class Recruit -> class Flags

weaponCursor=0;

Do this for Recruit, Regular and Veteran

Thanks for your help! Now on the server everything works as I want :)

Is there a chance to rename a Steam dedicated server with some right click and entering the SET LAUNCH OPTIONS ?

Edited by BrunoDerRabe

I'm having an Issue with using the domination ace fallujah map on my dedicated server. On my test server I'm able to run it (It's dedicated as well, just in the same room as I am), but on my rented dedicated server on Art of war it kicks me back to the create game screen and will not let me start it. I have the mod properly installed on both servers. Any have any Ideas?

hi i have problems with dedicated server which i am trying to run on my pc. pc is quite strong couse its new machine and server is stable till more then 2 people are connected on it, after when we playing on that server like 3 or 4 ppl server automaticly crashes after hour and half. i also tried that windows hotfix and it didnt helped.but when i am was running server ingame everything was ok and server didnt crashed for like 2 days. somebody can me point where is prob ? i used that server settings which are on 1st page in this thread

@BrunoDerRabe: i guess using a -config=server.cfg does not apply to you?have you tried the -servername=yourserver?

@strike0277: make sure the mods are in the right folder and the @mod\AddOns\ structure is used correctly, also for falluya make sure you have the extra's you need to make it run

To be able to run a mod on a artofwar server: go to cmd line changer:

might look something like:

-config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 -ip=109.232.224.40 -profiles=C:\game\battlegroup\GameServers\TC82122714304607686257852\ -name=server -mod=@XTRA -maxplayers=20 -region EU -region EU

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/artofwarmodline.jpg

@juicer: What mission are you running? What version of the mission is it? What Arma2/OA version do you run? What are the system specs? What Windows hotfix have you tried?

amd phenom x4 965

4gb ram

geforce gtx480

win 7 pro 64bit

that hotfix which i installed was link from here somewhere on forums on microsoft site. i cant find exact name of that hotfix or at least i dont know which one is correct but some catalogue number is 983615

and i am was trying to run domination with revive without ACE

arma version till today was 1.55 that last one which was buggy on start but seems like its updating todaypn 1.56. so i will try that new one later on if it will be doing same shit

Hi,

I am just looking into getting an ARMA 2 OA/Combined Operations server for my clan as we just started to play a lot of ARMA together.

Anyway looking at the BIS wiki the latest non-beta release appears to not be on the link and is an old version (.52) anyway.

While the latest beta version ARMA2_OA_Build_76067.zip does not seem to match with the values of the latest release of OA being 1.56.

Meanwhile I looked on Kelly's Heroes patch download website and the latest server patch is 1.54.

I am a mite confused. Would anyone be kind enough to enlighten me?

Hi,

I am just looking into getting an ARMA 2 OA/Combined Operations server for my clan as we just started to play a lot of ARMA together.

Anyway looking at the BIS wiki the latest non-beta release appears to not be on the link and is an old version (.52) anyway.

While the latest beta version ARMA2_OA_Build_76067.zip does not seem to match with the values of the latest release of OA being 1.56.

Meanwhile I looked on Kelly's Heroes patch download website and the latest server patch is 1.54.

I am a mite confused. Would anyone be kind enough to enlighten me?

Use the arma2oaserver.exe in your game directory (make sure you're patched to 1.56). There is no beta for 1.56 yet.

Thanks for the info, it enabled me to find out how to find the steam version :)

However there is still a problem. My main server administrator is not me! He does not own a copy of the game and as such he cannot upload to the server from my hard drive. I was hoping there was some place I could simply download the dedicated server files from.

I am sure I can find a work around though if such a thing does not exist.

@BrunoDerRabe: i guess using a -config=server.cfg does not apply to you?have you tried the -servername=yourserver?

@strike0277: make sure the mods are in the right folder and the @mod\AddOns\ structure is used correctly, also for falluya make sure you have the extra's you need to make it run

To be able to run a mod on a artofwar server: go to cmd line changer:

might look something like:

-config=server.cfg verifySignatures=1 persistent=1 -netlog -port=2302 -ip=109.232.224.40 -profiles=C:\game\battlegroup\GameServers\TC82122714304607686257852\ -name=server -mod=@XTRA -maxplayers=20 -region EU -region EU

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/larsiano/artofwarmodline.jpg

@juicer: What mission are you running? What version of the mission is it? What Arma2/OA version do you run? What are the system specs? What Windows hotfix have you tried?

I have another question. I'm trying to use the arma2.cfg file from kelly's heroes so I can tweak the bandwidth settings for my Art of war server. I put the file in to the root of my art of war dedicated server and check the cfg box and enter arma2.cfg. It shows correctly in the param line, but the server will not show in the browser when this file is in the launch line. No Idea what's going on here. Can any one help?

I have another question. I'm trying to use the arma2.cfg file from kelly's heroes so I can tweak the bandwidth settings for my Art of war server. I put the file in to the root of my art of war dedicated server and check the cfg box and enter arma2.cfg. It shows correctly in the param line, but the server will not show in the browser when this file is in the launch line. No Idea what's going on here. Can any one help?

Is your reporting IP correct?

reportingIP = "arma2oapc.master.gamespy.com";

Is your reporting IP correct?

Isn't that in the Server.Cfg already?

Arma2.Cfg

// Example ArmA2 configuration file

// by [KH]Jman, 1st July 2009. http://www.kellys-heroes.eu

//These example numbers are for a 2.5Ghz Quad Core Xeon on a 100mBit connection.

// Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps).

// This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available.

// Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load

// as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072

MinBandwidth=15000000;

// Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have.

// This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.

MaxBandwidth=100000000;

// Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle.

Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128

MaxMsgSend = 1024;

// Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers).

// Small messages are packed to larger frames.

// Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;

// Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers).

// Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position.

// Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;

// Minimal error to send updates across network.

// Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother.

// Default: 0.01

MinErrorToSend = 0.0025;

// Users with custom faces or custom sounds larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

// Use this wisely as it can be the cause of alot of Join in Progress lag.

1600000 = 160k

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

// EOF

Server.Cfg

password = ""; // password to protect server access

passwordAdmin = ""; // password to protect admin access

hostname="TFKW with Ace and Arce Radio Mod"; // This is the server name that will appear in gamespy

motd[]=

{

"Welcome TFKWOA Unit Server. We're Recruiting. www.knightwingunit.com",

"In Game Voice is Disabled. This Unit Uses The ACRE RADIO MOD For Voice Comms",

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=50; // period between motd rotation

voteThreshold=1.5;

maxPlayers=32;

reportingIP="arma2.master.gamespy.com";

voteMissionPlayers=1; // start voting when 1 players connect

logfile = "MyServer.log";

class Missions

{

};

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

equalModRequired=0; // require equal mod

disableVoN=0;

vonCodecQuality=7;

VonID=1;

timeStampFormat=full;

NetStats=1;

DeathMessages=1;

persistent=1;

BattlEye=0;

regularcheck="{}";

verifySignatures=0;

Edited by strike0277

why it doesnt show up i dont know (might have something to do with conflicting cfg files (arma or player cfg)) but: This is what i have in the root

Users\server\server.ArmA2Profile

Users\SYSTEM\ArmA2.cfg

(i think nr 2 is what you are looking for) to edit that is read with the server boot without extra modline:

folder 1 Users\server\server.ArmA2Profile

folder 2 Users\SYSTEM\ArmA2.cfg

if you dont have it create it!

Still

reportingIP="arma2.master.gamespy.com";

is not the same as

But I'm not sure why you have these problems

I am running a little dedicated server (DualCore E8600) planned for just 5-8 players @ a ADSL of 50mbit(dl)/8-10mbit (up).

I was playing around with the values, at the end i was stuck at

MinBandwidth=15000000;
MaxBandwidth=100000000;
MaxMsgSend=1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSend=0.0024999999;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;

The server runs fine on 46fps ;used ram 170-300 (well growing);out ~600kb;in ~10kb.

But on each setting i treid, the AI units are kind of asynchron.

I am sure everyone knows what i mean.

The units look like moving 5 steps forward and 3 back.

For testing i used the original mission "Lasershow", without mods.

I thought minimum error send would be responsable for the desync aswell.

But atm i am clueless, as i dont know what to change anymore but by chance.

I should probably mention that we tested it within a personal Lan with 3 people tonight.To eliminate any prob with connections, it ested it on my own either, but got the same result.

Is there any thumb rule to get this desynch eliminated?

What are your hints for getting closer to eliminate or at least decrease the desynch.

I've been battling for hours with OA Linux server.

Now I'm stuck at:

Warning Message: No challenge value was received from the master server.
GameSpy QR2 error: 5, No challenge value was received from the master server.

This posts mentioned the same error:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74044

But has no solution.

Any help is appreciated, thx.

Edited by Sira

I sure don't know the difference other than the spaces and the oa, mine has,

reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

and has no issues showing up.

Windows, not linux.

Edited by SWAT_BigBear