Sign in to follow this  
warlock2511

Arma2 dedicated server howto

yeah i thought aboot that, i only have the 1 warfare BE 2.057 in the mission rotation

and it works fine with verifysigs=0

i cant see why a mission would stop the server when verifysigs=1 and not =0

Edited by ball0fire

Honestly bud... it only has to be in your mission folder,,, doesnt have to be run.... .....

verify sigs was on with mine also... why not try moving all recent missions out of folder just as an experiment.. and tbh. you seem to be running out of any other options...

I agree that I can't see how changing verifysigs would break the server completely, unless something else is changed as well without you noticing, or there is something else that nobody reading/posting in this thread knows...

Honestly bud... it only has to be in your mission folder,,, doesnt have to be run.... .....

verify sigs was on with mine also... why not try moving all recent missions out of folder just as an experiment.. and tbh. you seem to be running out of any other options...

true...i'll give it a try, i'll try anything at this stage

thnx for the replies all

EDIT: ok i moved all the missions outa the mission folder bar the warfare BE 2.057 and fired it up, same result

im thinking there must be something wrong with the servers install and gunna try get it reinstalld

Edited by ball0fire

Heres my little problem..

I have now succesfully made a working dedicated server

All i want to do is change the servers visibility to higher (default 1600m)

I know that it can be changed from the arma2profile file, but the problem is that i cant create the profile file.

I have placed the server.cfg file to arma2 main directory but im not using the ArmA2.cfg file cause i dont need it...

So everything works fine execpt i cant create the profile file.

arma2server.exes command line looks like this :

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -profiles=Kripzu

Edited by kripzu

Heres my little problem..

I have now succesfully made a working dedicated server

All i want to do is change the servers visibility to higher (default 1600m)

I know that it can be changed from the arma2profile file, but the problem is that i cant create the profile file.

I have placed the server.cfg file to arma2 main directory but im not using the ArmA2.cfg file cause i dont need it...

So everything works fine execpt i cant create the profile file.

arma2server.exes command line looks like this :

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -profiles=Kripzu

You have inside your arma game folder a folder called "Kripzu", because you have used the -profiles=Kripzu

Inside the folder (Kripzu) you will find "users" and inside that folder will be another folder of the computer username, ours is called administrator, Inside this are the files you need..."yourusername.ArmA2.profile"

Just scroll to viewDistance=1600; and change to whatever you want.

having some difficulties with our server

its been running for, well for ever

we been runnin with verifysigs=0

ive recently uploaded a bunch of keys to allow certain mods (normal popular mods)

and changed the server to verifysigs=1

and now the server just stops when joining and sits on waiting for host, can sit there for many minutes, hit esc and and try again same thing.

and this was done with no mods running at all

anyone have any suggestions as to whats going on?

does the default BI.BIKEY change with each patch? could the server thats running 1.05 be using an older 1.04 BI.BIKEY ?

or they all the same?

also theres this

// Signature timeout fix

regularcheck="{}";

in the cfg, is that wrong or right? or should i put a number in there some where?

thnx for any help

Ball, Are you sure the syntax was correct?

eg

verifySignatures = 1;

not

verifysignatures = 1;

I have got it to work at home with a dedicated server.

The Atmosphere.

You have inside your arma game folder a folder called "Kripzu", because you have used the -profiles=Kripzu

Inside the folder (Kripzu) you will find "users" and inside that folder will be another folder of the computer username, ours is called administrator, Inside this are the files you need..."yourusername.ArmA2.profile"

Just scroll to viewDistance=1600; and change to whatever you want.

Well, in arma2 main directory theres no Kripzu folder when i start my server..

When i first time tried to do a server i somehow created a folder where was the profile file.. it was in c:\users\myusername\files\ ArmA 2 Other profiles,

But now i dont remember how i did it..

so what i need to exactly put in the serverexe command line to create a arma2profile inside (for example to c:\users\myusername\files\ ArmA 2 Other profiles) .. and do i need no put it in arma2 mainfolder when its created... And does the -name command give name to the folder where is the arma2profile file?

Edited by kripzu

Please can someone tell me what to put in Arma2server.exe command line to create dedicated servers arma2profile file..

Now it looks like this :

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

And everything works perfect except i cant change servers visibility... i have placed the server.cfg file to ArmA2 main directory.

Is the arma2.cfg file necessarily when creating a profile file?

Ignore my last post...

Now i have created a folder named "siika" into arma2 main directory.

Inside siika folder i have my server.cfg and ArmA2.cfg files, theres no anything else...

arma2server.exe command line : "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=siika\server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -cfg=siika\ArmA2.cfg -profiles=siika

But the damn server still doesnt create a default profile file when i start the arma2server.exe, so whats wrong?? pls can someone help?

One more question.. Do i have everytime when i try to create a profile file join into my server or can i just run the arma2server.exe to check if the profile file would been created??

The -profiles= path needs to be complete not relative so to use the folder you have described put:

-profiles=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\siika

Ignore my last post...

Now i have created a folder named "siika" into arma2 main directory.

Inside siika folder i have my server.cfg and ArmA2.cfg files, theres no anything else...

arma2server.exe command line : "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=siika\server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -cfg=siika\ArmA2.cfg -profiles=siika

But the damn server still doesnt create a default profile file when i start the arma2server.exe, so whats wrong?? pls can someone help?

One more question.. Do i have everytime when i try to create a profile file join into my server or can i just run the arma2server.exe to check if the profile file would been created??

Dont worry.. you've done most of the stuff..your start-up is correct.

**you dont need the whole path. siike should be enough.

Extract the zip to your server's Arma2 folder. Its our profile that I renamed to siika.

http://cross.kellys-heroes.eu/public/arma2/siika.7z

add

-name=siika

to your startup line.

You can change parameters as you like in the profile file. I suggest you make it read-only after making changes.

Hope it solves.

Still not working.......

c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\ Siika <------ theres my server folder

Inside Siika there is server.cfg. I created inside siika folder Users, inside Users siika , And inside siika i placed my arma2profile which i renamed siika. I took the profile file from ArmA2 Other profiles...

so ArmA2\siika\users\siika\ profilefile named "siika"

And commandline is : "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=siika\server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -profiles=siika -name=siika

The -profiles= path needs to be complete not relative so to use the folder you have described put:

-profiles=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\siika

did you try changing it to tihs like carter mentiond?

or mebbe not that exact line, but a direct path

Edited by ball0fire

Still not working.......

c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA2\ Siika <------ theres my server folder

Inside Siika there is server.cfg. I created inside siika folder Users, inside Users siika , And inside siika i placed my arma2profile which i renamed siika. I took the profile file from ArmA2 Other profiles...

so ArmA2\siika\users\siika\ profilefile named "siika"

And commandline is : "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -config=siika\server.cfg -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX -profiles=siika -name=siika

What is not working?

If you've extracted the zip file, you'd have your profile file. ArmA2 does not need to create a new profile file. Just edit the file to your liking.

I've prepared a pack for those who want to create their own server. This is a checked working set.

http://cross.kellys-heroes.eu/public/arma2/MyTestServer.7z

1-Extract to Arma2 folder

2-Edit the mytestserver.bat file (rightclick>edit). Make sure the arma2server.exe path is correct. Even if you prefer to create a shortcut you can see the start up line in this batch file.

3-Edit the profile file under MyTestServer>Users to your liking. Remove "read-only" property if needed.

4-Run the batch file to start the server.

Edited by Cross

What is not working?

If you've extracted the zip file, you'd have your profile file. ArmA2 does not need to create a new profile file. Just edit the file to your liking.

I've prepared a pack for those who want to create their own server. This is a checked working set.

http://cross.kellys-heroes.eu/public/arma2/MyTestServer.7z

1-Extract to Arma2 folder

2-Edit the mytestserver.bat file (rightclick>edit). Make sure the arma2server.exe path is correct. Even if you prefer to create a shortcut you can see the start up line in this batch file.

3-Edit the profile file under MyTestServer>Users to your liking. Remove "read-only" property if needed.

4-Run the batch file to start the server.

Well i did all what you said execpt i deleted the arma2.cfg file ...

The server starts , host name password etc. works fine... but the damn profilefile wont work:mad: Cant change the visibility..

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@VopSound_2.1 -config=MyTestServer\Server.cfg -profiles=MyTestServer -name=MyTestServer

OS is windows 7 home premium and arma2 latest 1.05 patch

Edited by kripzu

Well i did all what you said execpt i deleted the arma2.cfg file ...

The server starts , host name password etc. works fine... but the damn profilefile wont work:mad: Cant change the visibility..

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2server.exe" -port=2302 -mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@VopSound_2.1 -config=MyTestServer\Server.cfg -profiles=MyTestServer -name=MyTestServer

OS is windows 7 home premium and arma2 latest 1.05 patch

Probably the mission you are using has viewdistance setting that overrides server's VD.

Set works fine.

Probably the mission you are using has viewdistance setting that overrides server's VD.

Set works fine.

The mission is made by me with editor and i dont know from where to set mission visibility.. so i dont think its missions fault.

when i was first time trying to do a dedicated server, i somehow managed to create the servers profile file in C:\users\documents\arma2 Other Profiles (or was it in arma2:j:?) the profile file was inside a folder which i had given name by -name command.. But that time i wasnt able to get the server.cfg file to work properly.. And i think the profilefile would been worked.

Someone know how to CREATE servers profilefile via arma2server.exe command line?

I have problem with warfare server. Any idea where is problem? After some hours Arma2 just crash.

Server:

Quad core Xeon

8gb

100mb

Linux Ubuntu

Arma 1.5 mods Ace, Acex, Ace_pla, cba, GL4

I'm tryed to change server.cfg, but i don't know really what i'm doing with that.

server.cfg

// These options are created by default

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1.000000;

Resolution_W=800;

Resolution_H=600;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

// These options are important for performance tuning

MinBandwidth = 50000000; //* Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase $

MaxBandwidth = 1000000000; //Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.

MaxMsgSend = 1024; //* Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 512; //Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events lik$

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 256; //Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position. Increasi$

MinErrorToSend = 0.007; //Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.01

MaxCustomFileSize = 1600000; //Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

In game monitor showing FPS less than 10 and my server traffic monitor show it use only about 1-5mt/s broadband and less than 250% of 400% CPU.

In game players been about 10.

Thanks

Well it seems i cant get working that damn profilefile :/

Somebody know how to change non-dedicated servers default viewdistance?

When running a server, does somebody know how to get rid of the default multiplayer maps like deatmatch, detector, superpowers, etc.... on a dedicated server?

I would like to see it with only the maps which are in the mpmissions directory.

Jman;1316562']Try the following and replace MyServer with the folder path that you want the server cfg files to sit in

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\arma2_server.exe" -port=2302 -name=MyServer -config=MyServer\Server.cfg -cfg=MyServer\Arma2.cfg -profiles=MyServer

The 'server.cfg' should contain something like the following:

// password = "";  // password to protect server access
passwordAdmin = ""; // password to protect admin access
hostname="MyServer Name";  // This is the server name that will appear in gamespy

motd[]=
{
"This is a welcome message",
       "This is a welcome message",

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=50;  // period between motd rotation 

voteThreshold=1.5;  
maxPlayers=80;
reportingIP="arma2.master.gamespy.com";
voteMissionPlayers=1; // start voting when 1 players connect
logfile = "MyServer.log";

class Missions
{
};

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id
equalModRequired=0; // require equal mod
disableVoN=1;  
vonCodecQuality=7;
VonID=1;

timeStampFormat=full;

NetStats=1;
DeathMessages=1;
persistent=0;
BattlEye=0;
regularcheck="{}";

verifySignatures=1;

The 'Arma2.cfg' should contain something like the following:

language="English";
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=8021.000000;
Resolution_W=160;
Resolution_H=120;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
viewDistance=10000;
terrainGrid=10.000000;
MinBandwidth = 15000000;
MaxBandwidth = 100000000;
MaxMsgSend = 1024;
MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
MinErrorToSend = 0.0025;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;

//-----------BIS Suggestions------------

//MinBandwidth = 320000;
//* Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to have (in bps). This value helps server to estimate bandwidth available. Increasing it to too optimistic values can increase lag and CPU load, as too many messages will be sent but discarded. Default: 131072

//MaxBandwidth = 10000000000;
//*Bandwidth the server is guaranteed to never have. This value helps the server to estimate bandwidth available.

//MaxMsgSend = 256;
//* Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128

//MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;
//*Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512

//MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;
//*Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position. Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256

//MinErrorToSend = 0.005;
//*Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.01

//MaxCustomFileSize = 0;
//*Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

Hey thanks for posting this.

Im looking to start hosting my own server soon. In the mean time, if I wanted to test this out on my home pc, how would I go about doing this? Would these Config and cfg files go in the directory?

Would these Config and cfg files go in the directory?

-name=MyServer -config=MyServer\Server.cfg -cfg=MyServer\Arma2.cfg -profiles=MyServer

Where Myserver is a sub directory in your ArmA2 install directory.

ok so i have the server running and iv done the -mod= but everytime i try to connect or one of my friends does it kickes us talking about missing keys but the keys are in the key folder in are mods plus my server has a red dot how do i fix all this stuff

Long answer

Identify which keys you have missing on your clientside using the server's connection log and install the correct bisigns for those mods that reference the particular server keys (.bikey) in question into their respective clientside mod folders.

Short answer

Disable signature checking on the server.

Edited by [KH]Jman