Sign in to follow this  
warlock2511

Arma2 dedicated server howto

Hi.

My server will not go public... i can only find my server on Lan Servers.

I have 2 computers her, one game computer and one server in the same local network.

I have open the correct (UDP)ports in my router and portforward them to my Game Server.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

D:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2302 -name=ArmA2Server -config=ArmA2Server\ArmA2.cfg -cfg=ArmA2Server\ArmA2Server.cfg -profiles=ArmA2Server

Edited by MJK-Ranger

I'm not sure about this, but it's a try at least...

F:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2302 -nosound -maxmem=1364 -world=empty -name=Server -cfg=F:\ArmA2_Profiles\startup.cfg -profiles=F:\ArmA2_Profiles\ -config=F:\ArmA2_Profiles\basic.cfg

If you rename "default" to anything other than just that. And I use the complete path. Could that maybe do it??

Or if you remove all spaces in the catalog name.

Yours would be something like this then, it your "default" catalog is inside the ArmA2 catalog:

"D:\Arma2Server\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=D:\Arma2Server\default\server.cfg -cfg=D:\Arma2Server\default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=D:\Arma2Server\default\

I use the -nosound since it's a server and I use -maxmem so I might not get so many crashes, but the last is not confirmed yet.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Does it stay there? or does it just take 5 minutes and then everything is ok?

Might there be BattlEye=1; in your config?

I do have BattlEye=1; The pings do stay that high. But there is no lag in gameplay. Seems like things maybe disappear from the map once in a while. I had 12 people in last night and no one complained. we played for about 4 hours.

I'm curious though as to why the high ping and could it maybe be affecting gameplay and we just don't realize it. AI and Targets are registering hits just fine.

Realistically if you had a 320000 ping, you wouldn't be able to play...would you, if that was your true ping?

Thanks

Server Specs:

Dual-Core AMD Opteron Processor 1216 HE

2.4Ghz, 2 GB Ram

BattlEye was used for ArmA1 and is not implemented in ArmA2

BattlEye=1 will do nothing.

Jman sorry to bother you u again, your guide says that the following

The following options are seen in the lobby of a multiplayer game. These

options can be useful for setting time limits and score limits in such games

as Capture the Flag and Death Matches. Other popular uses include

accelerate time, setting the mission difficulty or switching the intro on/off.

*/

param1 =

param2 =

};

class Mission_02

{

template = anothermission.Chernarus;

difficulty = "veteran";

param1 =

param2 =

What are the param1= commands for ? can they be used to that for example a non admin could select the length time a round lasted, and or in the case of AAS if AI is on or not ?

If this is the case how do you implement it ?, Ive added it to our server exactly as the example highlighted above but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

Jman sorry to bother you u again, your guide says that the following

What are the param1= commands for ? can they be used to that for example a non admin could select the length time a round lasted, and or in the case of AAS if AI is on or not ?

If this is the case how do you implement it ?, Ive added it to our server exactly as the example highlighted above but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

You can define parameters in your mission like weather8time of the day etc. its up to you. Whatever you use parameters for, you can set them here if need be during misison auto-load.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Hi.

I have 2 computers her, one game computer and one server in the same local network.

I have open the correct (UDP)ports in my router and portforward them to my Game Server.

D:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2302 -name=ArmA2Server -config=ArmA2Server\ArmA2.cfg -cfg=ArmA2Server\ArmA2Server.cfg -profiles=ArmA2Server

Make sure you have the following line in your server.cfg

reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

You can define parameters in your mission like weather8time of the day etc. its up to you. Whatever you use parameters for, you can set them here if need be during misison auto-load.

thanks crawler, is there a list of prams anywhere that can be used do you know ? i would like to set AI off if possible as its an option on the AAS maps we use.

The params are not predetermined by BI, they depend on what the mission maker has or has not defined inside the mission script. If a param is not available to you on the mission load screen then you'd need to script it in. I'm not going to go into how that is done right now though.

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

[/color]

Make sure you have the following line in your server.cfg

reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

Are there more than 1 bec mine is only "arma2.master.gamespy.com"

not "arma2pc" and it works fine.

Yes both subdomains resolve to 207.38.11.174 @ gamespy. Ping 'em and see for yourself ;)

Thanks crawler75

I found my problem. It was my router, had to set my arma2 server as Virtual Server in my router settings.. No problem now :)

Cheers

I looked all over for the answer to my question but I think it is such a no-brainer that everyone knows it but me ....

I followed Jman's guide and I can get a dedicated server running ( thanks Jman!) but when I log into my server from the browser list, it just sits there saying "waiting for host". The host server has the appropriate info box and says I'm logged in yet .... what do I do next?

Give it some time on 'waiting for host'.

Reason:

When a mission is first launched on the server ArmA2 has to load the Island data into memory - this can cause a longer wait time for the very first mission loading sequence. As long as the ArmA2 server is not restarted the island data is held in memory so that subsequent mission loads will then be faster.

I've waited up to 5 minutes, which I assumed was plenty of time? I wonder too if I should have a mission or two in my "mpmissions" folder because right now I have none.

While I'm asking questions, how is a dedicated server patched? Do I have to copy a patched version of my client over to the server again?

Thanks Jman!

Did you try many times and is it doing the same all the time? Sometimes it does that and when you press escape and try again, you can get in fine.

I figured out my problem too. I had copied and pasted the server.cfg from Jman's dedicated server guide but these lines were causing the server to hang:

class Mission_01 // name for the mission, can be anything

{

template = mymission.Chernarus; // omit the .pbo suffix

/*

difficulty: recruit, regular, veteran & expert

as specified in *.Arma2profile

*/

difficulty = "regular";

/*

The following options are seen in the lobby of a multiplayer game. These

options can be useful for setting time limits and score limits in such games

as Capture the Flag and Death Matches. Other popular uses include

accelerate time, setting the mission difficulty or switching the intro on/off.

*/

param1 =

param2 =

};

class Mission_02

{

template = anothermission.Chernarus;

difficulty = "veteran";

param1 =

param2 =

};

So I removed those lines and just left "class Missions {};"

Is there a way to turn off voting for admin when there's no admin online? I've looked through the server config files but I can't find an option of turning that off. I've only found out how to turn of voting for missions.

I figured out my problem too. I had copied and pasted the server.cfg from Jman's dedicated server guide but these lines were causing the server to hang:

So I removed those lines and just left "class Missions {};"

You do have to actually edit my example and replace it with your data otherwise it won't work. :confused:

Hi.

I have exactly the same problem I founs the only to fix it was to rename my pc and that is the server name.

I have exactly the same problem I founs the only to fix it was to rename my pc and that is the server name.

I simple found my fix to add my ArmA2 server as Virtual Server in my Router. No problem at all now. Everything is OK :)

I think that will solve lot of the problems for others too see they own server in public :)

It possible play ARMA2 in the same computer server? When i try it ... on multiplayer screen the game crash...

Sorry my english

Jman;1353031']Yes but I wouldn't recommend it.

In regards to using FireDaemon Trinity and running an ArmA II server as a service.

I had no probs running a 6 man private ArmA server (-port=2305 -config=server.cfg -mod=????), so I figured ArmA 2 should work as well.

I 1st tried with parameters -port=2310 -config=server.cfg -cfg=arma.cfg, which caused a severe chop/chug testing crcti and superpowers.

I tried editing arma.cfg to no avail so I took out -cfg=arma.cfg, and now there is no chop/chug.

btw....playing and hosting a dedi on the same box will need 4 core cpu's, easily seen in task manager @50%+ with each core (mine is 4@3ghz).

(knocks on wood) I've yet to have a CTD with ArmA II.

You can setup a dedicated server on thesame computer as the your playing on.

Just use the same setup as Jman has explained, just tweak it to your needs.

I use this method to test "finished" MP missions and it works great.

Of course you might end up buying a new computer....

:rolleyes:

But it works...

Hello everyone,

2 days ago I started trying to set up a dedicated server with the help of JMan's guide. Although I feel like I've done everything correctly, my server isn't showing up in the server list in Arma2.

My 2 files, Arma2server.cfg and Arma2.cfg, are in a folder called Arma2server in the Arma2 installation folder.

And if this might help, this is my command line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=Arma2server -config=Arma2server\Arma2.cfg -cfg=Arma2server\Arma2server.cfg -profiles=Arma2server

(Btw, this is supposed to be put in the target line at the shortcut properties right?)

Thanks in advance:)

Hello everyone,

2 days ago I started trying to set up a dedicated server with the help of JMan's guide. Although I feel like I've done everything correctly, my server isn't showing up in the server list in Arma2.

My 2 files, Arma2server.cfg and Arma2.cfg, are in a folder called Arma2server in the Arma2 installation folder.

And if this might help, this is my command line:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=Arma2server -config=Arma2server\Arma2.cfg -cfg=Arma2server\Arma2server.cfg -profiles=Arma2server

(Btw, this is supposed to be put in the target line at the shortcut properties right?)

Thanks in advance:)

Hi.

Try to set your arma2 server as a Virtual Server in your router if you have that settings.

I had same problem, but after i set as a virtual server with another port than 2302.. My server went public.

Cheers

Hi.

Try to set your arma2 server as a Virtual Server in your router if you have that settings.

I had same problem, but after i set as a virtual server with another port than 2302.. My server went public.

Cheers

Went looking for it, but couldn't find anything about a virtual server. Is there any other solution?