Sign in to follow this  
warlock2511

Arma2 dedicated server howto

I haven't tried it yet, maybe someone here has.

Anyway to use a dedicated server to host the Coop campaign? I'm not worried about the save feature not being available.

Anyway to use a dedicated server to host the Coop campaign? I'm not worried about the save feature not being available.

Tried, but it's bugged. Many things not working, cutscene screwed, triggers never firing, etc...

Help! lol Is anyone here running ARMA:2 DEMO 1.02 a Win2003 Dedi server (web edition)? Specs please?

I was just told this by our GSP;

This installer will not install on Win server 2003 webserver edition as it exceeds some sort of licensing issue on that OS. The best thing to do is

install it locally and upload it. I also installed it here at my house and it does not appear to have a server.exe included with it. I am not sure you can run a dedicated Demo server for Arma2.

Fact or fiction?

Having a hell of a time, bout ready to throw in the towel. Thanks all!

OK, here's the latest I've found out.

The game WILL run on 2003 web edition it just wont install on web edition.

Can we run a dedicated server from the DEMO as it does not contain a Arma_server.exe?

Edited by =ST6=Grim

Can we run a dedicated server from the DEMO as it does not contain a Arma_server.exe?

Just launch the demo executable with the -server switch.

What exactly is the message that you get when you try to install the game on win2003 web edition? I've not come across the game not installing on any of the latest windows OS's

Edited by [KH]Jman

By the way for the following

Cannot register unknown string STR_FILLRATE_FORMAT

Not really an error my server runs with it.

Now how do you logon as admin?

By the way for the following

Cannot register unknown string STR_FILLRATE_FORMAT

Not really an error my server runs with it.

yes that what I just said :rolleyes:

Now how do you logon as admin?

Read the comments in the server.cfg in my server guide.

Help! lol Is anyone here running ARMA:2 DEMO 1.02 a Win2003 Dedi server (web edition)? Specs please?

I was just told this by our GSP;

Fact or fiction?

Having a hell of a time, bout ready to throw in the towel. Thanks all!

OK, here's the latest I've found out.

The game WILL run on 2003 web edition it just wont install on web edition.

I run windows 2003 web edition and it installed just fine . you need to manualy install direct x .

Jman;1344142']Just launch the demo executable with the -server switch.

What exactly is the message that you get when you try to install the game on win2003 web edition? I've not come across the game not installing on any of the latest windows OS's

Nevermind, the game installs OK after uploading files...

Still can not find it in the server list, example of what the executable line would look like with the -server switch on please?

Thanks!

I have a dedicated server up and running fine, and have been playing Evolution, Domination and Warfare on it no problems with 5 or 6 other people.

However, the server won't load any other maps - for example, I've uploaded crCTI 0.7 into MPMissions as usual, but the server refuses to load the mission, just returning immediately back to the mission selection dialog.

I'm using standard server.cfg, arma2.cfg and profile settings (see below for details). Is there something I'm missing?

Any help would be appreciated

Server.cfg

maxPlayers =12;

motd[]= {"Powered by RoxServers.com",};

motdInterval=1;

voteThreshold=0.33;

reportingIP="master.gamespy.com";

voteMissionPlayers=1;

checkfiles[]={"HWTL\dta\data3d.pbo","dta\data3d.pbo"};

kickduplicate=1;

equalModRequired=1;

disableVoN=0;

verifySignatures=0;

persistent=0;

class Missions {};

arma2.cfg

MinBandwidth=15000000;

MaxBandwidth=100000000;

MaxMsgSend = 1024;

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1024;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 64;

MinErrorToSend = 0.0025;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

default.cfg - as per [KH]Jman's

I don't think it is .cfg related. Does it only do this with the crCTI 0.7 mission?

I ask because that used to happen in ArmA1 if there was a fatal scripting error in the mission.

Jman;1346381']I don't think it is .cfg related. Does it only do this with the crCTI 0.7 mission?

I ask because that used to happen in ArmA1 if there was a fatal scripting error in the mission.

It's happening with a number of different missions, both ones I've downloaded and those I've copied over from MPMissionsCache, so they definitely work on other servers no probs. I'm going through server setup and configs again from the start (following your very handy guide, many thanks btw). It's just strange how Evo/Dom work fine and the others don't.

Jman firstly thank you for all the expert help and the pm help too.

I have my server running but as we spoke about i cannot find the server when I start my game I tried several things but still could not find it I could join it by remote no problem.

I spoke to a friend who renamed his pc the name of the squad and his shows so I done this too and it seemed to work.

Is there anything wrong with this?.

password = "XXXX";

passwordAdmin = "XXXX";

hostname="XXXX Squad ";

motd[]=

{

"Welcome to XXXX Squad server",

"Teamplay only please",

}; // Welcome message

motdInterval=50; // period between motd rotation

voteThreshold=1.5;

maxPlayers=80;

reportingIP="arma2.master.gamespy.com";

voteMissionPlayers=1; // start voting when 1 players connect

logfile = "MyServer.log";

class Missions

{

};

kickduplicate=1; // do not allow duplicate id

equalModRequired=0; // require equal mod

disableVoN=1;

vonCodecQuality=7;

VonID=1;

timeStampFormat=full;

NetStats=1;

DeathMessages=1;

persistent=0;

BattlEye=0;

regularcheck="{}";

verifySignatures=1;

I just cant get it to show on the server list even when using the cfg it still shows as the pc name.

Edited by jammymutt

edit:nvm

Edited by rens

@jammymutt

Lets see your cmd line on how you start your server.

I had the same problem as you have now, but I did call wrong file in the cmd line.

Give us your full cmd lina and all the file name you use, maybe there is just some wrong spelling??

"D:\Arma2 Server\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=default\server.cfg -cfg=default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=default

First of all,

Thanks to this forum I'm almost there!

I can connect to my server but my ping shoots up to 320000. Any clues as why this is?

Thanks in advance

I'm not sure about this, but it's a try at least...

F:\ArmA2\ArmA2Server.exe -port=2302 -nosound -maxmem=1364 -world=empty -name=Server -cfg=F:\ArmA2_Profiles\startup.cfg -profiles=F:\ArmA2_Profiles\ -config=F:\ArmA2_Profiles\basic.cfg

If you rename "default" to anything other than just that. And I use the complete path. Could that maybe do it??

Or if you remove all spaces in the catalog name.

Yours would be something like this then, it your "default" catalog is inside the ArmA2 catalog:

"D:\Arma2Server\ArmA2Server.exe" -port=2302 -name=default -config=D:\Arma2Server\default\server.cfg -cfg=D:\Arma2Server\default\Arma2.cfg -profiles=D:\Arma2Server\default\

I use the -nosound since it's a server and I use -maxmem so I might not get so many crashes, but the last is not confirmed yet.

---------- Post added at 09:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

First of all,

Thanks to this forum I'm almost there!

I can connect to my server but my ping shoots up to 320000. Any clues as why this is?

Thanks in advance

Does it stay there? or does it just take 5 minutes and then everything is ok?

Might there be BattlEye=1; in your config?

well after a week or so of being ok our server is being weird, If you login with

#login PASSWORD

you get confirmation that you have logged in, how ever no other commands work, #mission, #restart, nothing. At this point the server vanishes from the browser and crashes as soon as the last person leaves.

Lost tbh

Stalker I can now do this I can login as admin and change missions I.E. #missions but i havent tried any other commands yet.

hurrah more questions, we have started an AAS server, is there anyway to set it so there are no AI by default ?

our current server is a bit weak at the knees and we cant really run with AI.

Any Ideas ?

Edited by {SAS}Stalker

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried putting the Evolution map in the classes and setting the difficulty, but the server never loads the map. Just says waiting for host when I connect to it. Only way I can get it to start is to allow voting and clear out the mission classes and pick evolution as a vote, then it loads fine.... What am I doing wrong ???

hurrah more questions, we have started an AAS server, is there anyway to set it so there are no AI by default ?

our current server is a bit weak at the knees and we cant really run with AI.

Any Ideas ?

No this is a mission thing, not serversided

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have tried putting the Evolution map in the classes and setting the difficulty, but the server never loads the map. Just says waiting for host when I connect to it. Only way I can get it to start is to allow voting and clear out the mission classes and pick evolution as a vote, then it loads fine.... What am I doing wrong ???

So your putting Evolution inside class Missions {}; in your basic.cfg and then you adjust the settings inside your Server.ArmA2Profile?

or....No I think your trying to set the difficulty for the Evolution. Just remember to not have .pbo inside class Missions {};, just the filename and island.

ArmAIIMark.Chernarus

and not

ArmAIIMark.Chernarus.pbo

It possible play ARMA2 in the same computer server? When i try it ... on multiplayer screen the game crash...

Sorry my english