Sign in to follow this  
NoBF2boy

Cheater Alert

The game has been released and just on time we get the first cheaters dropping mass bombs on the map, just awesome, what happened to Punkbuster and the other cheat preventing stuff from ArmA1?

A guy named Draz strarted TKing in base on XR server this evening, got kicked, came back and suddenly both bases got blown up by falling GBUs. Seems like server admins have to lock the servers and use signed addons only which is a shame imo.

Second server i oined today: TK alert OLI but hes well known for TKing, wish i had a ID.

http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/80.86.81.24:2302/

Edited by NoBF2boy

I just met a cheater too.

The cheater is using somekind of script to build wall and drop bomb around other players, and teleport all units on the map into one spot....etc. The bad thing is that they are picking the few server with a lot people playing inside, which disrupted the online play experience seriously. I hope BIS can look into it immediately to prevent further exploitation, it is sad i can't provide more information because there is no way to know who is the cheater for sure too. It's shame for those cheaters for trying to ruin ARMA2.

I took the screenshot for the suspection of the cheater is the tker, (if the guy in in the picture see this and you are not the cheater, you should explain the reason for tking the entire team) But like i said there is noway to know who is the cheater for sure.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_DQl0YFGdtOo/Sjp2icCuyJI/AAAAAAAAB7s/TMDwKJYMGmw/s800/untitled.JPG

I just met a cheater too.

The cheater is using somekind of script to build wall and drop bomb around other players, and teleport all units on the map into one spot....etc. The bad thing is that they are picking the few server with a lot people playing inside, which disrupted the online play experience seriously. I hope BIS can look into it immediately to prevent further exploitation, it is sad i can't provide more information because there is no way to know who is the cheater for sure too. It's shame for those cheaters for trying to ruin ARMA2.

I took the screenshot for the suspection of the cheater is the tker, (if the guy in in the picture see this and you are not the cheater, you should explain the reason for tking the entire team) But like i said there is noway to know who is the cheater for sure.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_DQl0YFGdtOo/Sjp2icCuyJI/AAAAAAAAB7s/TMDwKJYMGmw/s800/untitled.JPG

Ok so here is my Statement, i am not a cheater the Teamkilling was at the AI at our Base it got the M136 (AT4) to take them out the Problem was there spawnd our Guys and just Teamkilled them (Shit Happens)

I played OPF it was my First Game , I play mostly Project Reality (BF2 Mod) what is a Teamwork Game if you misunderstood my Actions im Sorry for it. Im Just a little bit Pissed of to be called a Cheater or anything in this way what you wrote in the Chat but i can understand it. thx for your time.

PS: for any Other comments please PM me.

Best Regards:

[10th] DeadSmile187

Start joining server with verifySignatures only and the problem should be solved.

It is that simple.

Ok so here is my Statement, i am not a cheater the Teamkilling was at the AI at our Base it got the M136 (AT4) to take them out the Problem was there spawnd our Guys and just Teamkilled them (Shit Happens)

I played OPF it was my First Game , I play mostly Project Reality (BF2 Mod) what is a Teamwork Game if you misunderstood my Actions im Sorry for it. Im Just a little bit Pissed of to be called a Cheater or anything in this way what you wrote in the Chat but i can understand it. thx for your time.

PS: for any Other comments please PM me.

Best Regards:

[10th] DeadSmile187

in ArmA we dont shoot AI in base with an AT launcher, better go back to BF2 if you want to do stupid, childish things like that.

Is there any way to know if the server has the verifySignatures been turned on from the browser? If not then is it possible to add this feature in the browser, and i think it will be helpful for players to pick a secure server in the future.

Join a private server can be a good option, but we must consider that in some countries the game might not be that popular, the people may have to play on a more populated foreign public server.

It is still necessary to let BIS know there is cheater using what kind of cheats though.

Edited by CuteQA

1st rule about cheats: You don't talk about the cheats. ;)

in ArmA we dont shoot AI in base with an AT launcher, better go back to BF2 if you want to do stupid, childish things like that.

Yeah i know it was stupid but please stop with that go back to Bf2,this kind of comments is same childish like my Stupidy with the AT4.i sayd im sorry for that not enough ? want me to pay some money?! LIke i sayd im not Playing BF2 im Playing PR, and it has nothing to do with BF2 anymore except the Game Engine.

But anyway thank you for beeing so mature. It was stupid with the AT4 and a F*cking Bad Timing too.

Guys, cool down, these forums are not here to wash dirty laundry.

Second server i oined today: TK alert OLI but hes well known for TKing, wish i had a ID.

Lol!! Just met this OLI guy, he had a killing spree before we could collect enough vote kicks. :D

if the VerifySignatures is the way to go, I would still suggest to make it viewable feature on the server browser.

Join a team or join a private server is not always the option available for everyone.

I play on the public most time because that's where the people are, and the server choice can be limited by your living location.

What? you join a team and no one is there you mean? Hmm my team is on and plays ARMA so yeah they are always on. Thats why im in a team. So firstly i dont need to experience cheaters and second i know i get teamplayers wich we all go through tactics and so on. I couldnt play a game like ARMA on pub servers. Not me anyway. To each and own though ofcourse.

Alex

We all know the advantages of joining a team, but everyone is different due to the work, time, location, and habits...etc. I'm not trying to argue anything here, just pointing out everyone has his or her own reason.

I think it is more important to reduce cheater, rather than to relocate or seeking other option.

But it is also sad to let cheater force us, the good dudes, to play on a private server isn't it? :coop:

Edited by CuteQA

Indeed it is. Just had a solution for you. Dont even need to join a "team" as such, but more loose gamer groups that plays almost everyday and post server info for each day. Gamer groups that you dont have to spend tons of time with. Just show up when you like to play and people get happy your there.

EDIT: Black Shark Pilot. :) nice. Good sim that.

Alex

I actually consider the BIS forum is the group for me. :) I have met many good forks on the forum while playing online.

But too many NOT from this forum hangs around on PUB's and they are mostly the "bastards". ;) You have gaming groups here on the "new" forum. :)

Alex

Those "cheaters" have no friends, thats the problem I think. Poor bastards just need some love. But seriously, it is very annoying, as you guys said, when you play long mission and some dude mess it up in middle. They probably are not some noobs due to cause such stuff. Maybe try it diplomatic way next time and try to talk to them... good luck.

Those "cheaters" have no friends, thats the problem I think. Poor bastards just need some love. But seriously, it is very annoying, as you guys said, when you play long mission and some dude mess it up in middle. They probably are not some noobs due to cause such stuff. Maybe try it diplomatic way next time and try to talk to them... good luck.

And they will say "I don't cheat, I got polish version of ArmA 2" :) Excuse some cheaters used in OFP, about their polish version of OFP.

I came across one guy in a Evolution match, here we are attacking a town when all of a sudden what sounds like Mk 19 starts going off, hmm ok thats normal some one must've driven up teh humvee, start looking around to find him and OMG lol right in the middle of all of us is this Stuart guy pumping out automatic GL's from his M203 on his rifle RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF US towards the enemy town, so i promply shot him in the head and whilst the Admin was telling him off and kicking him, i ran to his dead body and tested out his gun (as i had heard about this previously how the affected weapon/vehicle will stay like this for the entire game), loaded up the m203 round into his rifle, and yep infinite automatic GL's.

So keep it safe i dropped his m203 in some bushes then ran for about 2k's inside a forest before dumping his M16 in the scrub so no one could find it.

It's unfortunate. I thought I'd at least be able to get the game myself before cheaters started to become an issue once more. Though the larger groups have gotten cheat packs up in a heartbeat...

We're quite unlucky as we don't get the cheaters who cheat to get better at the game. We get the immature kids who hate the game for whatever reason and want to ruin it for everyone else. Us older people who play a more mature game have to deal with younger, immature cheaters.

Well, like with ArmA, they'll get bored eventually and leave. Perhaps someone like Doolittle will come along to help out with fighting them even more, but they'll leave eventually. We may just have to end up "riding out the storm" sadly.