Sign in to follow this  
nordin dk

I almost got beat up last night

wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 09 2002,02wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the UK you are not allowed to fight back. If you fight back and the guy attacking you gets hurt, then you get charged for assault. So here is a lesson folks, in the UK you have to take your beating like a man, or go to jail.

Thank you very much Mr Blair and all this pc-crap  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

same here in US.

you have to prove that the other person first flew the blow.

p.s. Ronin, who's that girl in your sig? what car is that?

what i like to do, is never be the attcker, just the defender. Like holding people back agressively, (hand to the neck up against a wall and yelling at the as hard as possible usually makes them shit thier pants, or at least less enthusiastic). Also, a good way to hit someone back is hitting them as hard as you can with the palm of your hand, focusing on the bottom of your palm. This spreads out the force and hurts like fuck, but tends to not leave bruises.

I would have stuck a pistol in his face, and yes I would have had one wink.gif

the same kinda deal happened to me in austin on 6th street, me and my GF were in a bar and she went to the restroom.. and as shes coming back I see this guy following her.. and she sits down next to me and he looks at me wierd like "where you come from" and i gave him the "go to hell" look and he wandered off.. then as we were leaving this twatbag (who is VERY VERY drunk) starts following us.. so we get into my truck and he walks and stands behind me.. so I can back out.. so.. I said "move idiot".. he says "cmon bitch!" so i rammed him (in reverse), he flew about 10 feet backwards and landed in a pile next to the wall(giving em enough room to back up).. i calmly backed out and pulled up next to him.. he wasnt hurt (not badley anyway) and was just glaring at me.. I just said "I told ya to move ya moron".. and that was it..

2 weeks later when I turned 21 I enrolled and got a license to carry and now I keep a pistol in my truck or on me (only on me if I feel there is a high chance for "some shit" to happening)

I know that sounds "violent" or "bad" but few things will bring a confrontation to a quick and relativley quite end than sticking a gun in someone's face.. though I havent had to do that.. yet.

overkill???

the gun is the ultamate trump card in any situation.. and if anyone is gonna have it I want it to be me..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 09 2002,09:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know that sounds "violent" or "bad" but few things will bring a confrontation to a quick and relativley quite end than sticking a gun in someone's face.. though I havent had to do that.. yet.  <span id='postcolor'>

No it doesnt sound violent! It sounds ridiculous!

smile.gif

I think pulling a gun just to get rid of someone is ...slightly too much!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 09 2002,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Mar. 09 2002,02wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In the UK you are not allowed to fight back. If you fight back and the guy attacking you gets hurt, then you get charged for assault. So here is a lesson folks, in the UK you have to take your beating like a man, or go to jail.

Thank you very much Mr Blair and all this pc-crap  <!--emo&mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

same here in US.

you have to prove that the other person first flew the blow.

p.s. Ronin, who's that girl in your sig? what car is that?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sure it's not quite as simple and rigid as that. Everyone has a right to self-defence. Even if you defend someone else from being beaten up, it still comes under self-defence. It just comes down to whether it was justifiable or not and whether the force used was 'reasonable' or 'excessive'.

If someone makes threatening gestures or uses threatening words which a 'reasonable' person would take seriously given the situation, 'lashing' out is counted as self-defence. Ie Some 6-foot tall drunk is waving his fist inches away from your face and you are backed against a wall (sorry, I'm short, so 6-fo0t seems tall to me), you don't have to actually wait for the first blow to land or be thrown and certainly don't have to stand there and take the blows.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Mar. 09 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even if you defend someone else from being beaten up, it still comes under self-defence.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually in alot of countries this isnt true,i know that in Australia if you defend someone and cause the other person any form of harm, they can bring up charges against you because you wernt just defending yourself. It stupid, and it should be fixed, but thats how it is.

in sweden a law was proposed, but i am not sure if it was accepted, it was that if you see someone get raped for example, and dont interfere to defend the victim, then you can be charged for being part of the crime.

to defend others is common sence, to defend your self is also..but if it goes to a court, its the best liar who wins..its not automatically who hit first who looses in court.

they have the court pretty much to see if it was right or wrong to do what you did...if it was that simple that he who hit first looses we would never see anyone charged for those things.

about pulling a gun to someones face....if he is a nut and ignores the threat, would you shooot him?...if you wont, he might take the gun from you, if you do...many different things might happen, none of them good.

a phone and a quick call to the police, or the threat of doing so will solve the problem and nobody will get hurt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 09 2002,05:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">p.s. Ronin, who's that girl in your sig? what car is that?<span id='postcolor'>

The "girl" is Sandra Bullock, and the car is some modified version of a Chevi Corvette smile.gif

thanx..

I thought it was a Corvette, but I wasn't sure....

and she looks so different....

AM i the only violent dude here?confused.gif

i was the victim of severe bullying at my school,, standing up for myself was the only way to stop it,, unfortunatly for me i went to far, i used a martial arts move my sister did on me the previous week,

anyway this guy (yes he was coicidedly asian, IM NOT A RACIST) this guy pulled what looked like a knife on me, i grabbed his arm as he tried to hit my stomach, twisted it over my shoulder and wrenched it out of his socket.(i herd the snap, it made me cringe). But that wasnt the end of it, i was kicked out of school for 2 weeks and had assualt go down on my record, when they also told me i had broken the boys arm in 4 places.

all this was from defending myself. i live in england where this sort of thing aint tolerated.

now im training for the army because getting a job is hard with a record.

No it doesnt sound violent! It sounds ridiculous!

well it would take a truily ridiculous situation to make me do that.. is not like I stick it out the window "THATS MY PARKING SPOT BITCH!"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ Mar. 09 2002,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No it doesnt sound violent! It sounds ridiculous!

well it would take a truily ridiculous situation to make me do that.. is not like I stick it out the window "THATS MY PARKING SPOT BITCH!"<span id='postcolor'>

biggrin.gif LOL, (well I would love to do that at least once)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Black Op @ Mar. 09 2002,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i was going to make a alternative version of that sig biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

too late spammers enterprises is all ready working on a new make of that sig.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Mar. 09 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Mar. 09 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even if you defend someone else from being beaten up, it still comes under self-defence.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually in alot of countries this isnt true,i know that in Australia if you defend someone and cause the other person any form of harm, they can bring up charges against you because you wernt just defending yourself. It stupid, and it should be fixed, but thats how it is.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I disagree. I live in Australia too, and there have been past cases where one person has defended another and it counted as self-defence. I would quote the case if I remembered it, but I can't be bothered looking up my textbooks atm.

As far as Australian law is concerned, defending a less able person is fair and reasonable, as long as the force used is not excessive. If I remember correctly, the case was regarding a couple in a bar, the guy's girlfriend was being assaulted and he jumped in to stop it. Later it was ruled that his actions were counted as self-defence, even though he himself was not threatened physically initially. 'Self-defence' is not strict in its literal meaning and can be extended to others.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Mar. 10 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Mar. 09 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Mar. 09 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even if you defend someone else from being beaten up, it still comes under self-defence.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually in alot of countries this isnt true,i know that in Australia if you defend someone and cause the other person any form of harm, they can bring up charges against you because you wernt just defending yourself. It stupid, and it should be fixed, but thats how it is.<span id='postcolor'>

No, I disagree. I live in Australia too, and there have been past cases where one person has defended another and it counted as self-defence. I would quote the case if I remembered it, but I can't be bothered looking up my textbooks atm.

As far as Australian law is concerned, defending a less able person is fair and reasonable, as long as the force used is not excessive. If I remember correctly, the case was regarding a couple in a bar, the guy's girlfriend was being assaulted and he jumped in to stop it. Later it was ruled that his actions were counted as self-defence, even though he himself was not threatened physically initially. 'Self-defence' is not strict in its literal meaning and can be extended to others.<span id='postcolor'>

the legal term for that is 'third party defense'

it applies when the victim was unable to defend him/herself, and had to 'defended' by third person. it's usually, not a law, but a statue.

Well, you did the sensible thing by calling the police.

If I had some loudmouth drunk kick me in the chest and threaten to rape the girls I was with, especially having him outnumbered, I would have given him a beating he wouldn't soon forget. But that is the stupid way to go. If I got over enthusiastic and kicked him to death, then I'd be the one who was screwed.

No, you definitely did the right thing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 10 2002,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Mar. 10 2002,03:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (christophercles @ Mar. 09 2002,16:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta KFC @ Mar. 09 2002,23:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Even if you defend someone else from being beaten up, it still comes under self-defence.<span id='postcolor'>

As far as Australian law is concerned, defending a less able person is fair and reasonable, as long as the force used is not excessive. If I remember correctly, the case was regarding a couple in a bar, the guy's girlfriend was being assaulted and he jumped in to stop it. Later it was ruled that his actions were counted as self-defence, even though he himself was not threatened physically initially. 'Self-defence' is not strict in its literal meaning and can be extended to others.<span id='postcolor'>

the legal term for that is 'third party defense'

it applies when the victim was unable to defend him/herself, and had to 'defended' by third person. it's usually, not a law, but a statue.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh if this realy has been the case in your country and he has been found "not guilty" then it is "case law" so you wouldnt need a "statue" for that.

BTW hey Mr Fubar do you know where this word fubar comes from?

I'm very very happy that guns are hard to come by in Denmark.

Had I for example has a gun in that situation, I would probably have pulled it out, and then God knows what could have happened.

No wonder people get shot every minute all over the world.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Mar. 10 2002,18:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm very very happy that guns are hard to come by in Denmark.

Had I for example has a gun in that situation, I would probably have pulled it out, and then God knows what could have happened.

No wonder people get shot every minute all over the world.<span id='postcolor'>

you danish?...i always thought you were norwegian heheh

your right about guns, more harm than good...carrying a gun doesnt protect you from pretty much anything (for real)...and in a situation as this, what if HE also pulls a gun??

there is a lot of what if's...but, dont want to bring up a gun control debate heheh...those things keep going on forever and never end.....

as for those thinking of a violent solution...you all assume that you would be able to kick this guy down...but perhaps he would pull a knife, perhaps he has a gun, perhaps he has friends nearby?....perhaps he just wouldnt give up and you would end up fighting for your life..what if he is totally nuts and bits of your nose??

you never do know...ive had my fingertip bitten of in a fight...and that from a person who was not only drunk, but also a lot smaller and weaker than me, i won..but my fingertip didnt grow back heheh

violence FEELS are the right solution, and i am pretty sure that i would not back of and instead start a fight...but i am not naive, and i expect id possibly get my ass kicked...

the only right thing to do is what nordin did...no question about it, even tho it might seem as a little "cowardish" way out, but a fight never does solve a problem.

to back off or to find a peacefull solution needs more courage and selfrespect than to fight..it needs a lot of dicipline, to fight....its just muscles against muscles.

So true! I especially like the "does he have friends nearby" issue. I mean where I come from that is the oldest and slickest trick always! You always have a little dwarf agressing you, calling you strange things (in bad german so you first think he asks you for a cigarette) and then you gotta think..shall I teach him... and then you decide not to (even though it hurts your pride) and then 10 minutes later you see this guy pissing someone else off and of course you see his five of his friends (in their nice street-fighter dress) just waiting for the fight to start.

The easiest way is to pretend your mobile is ringing (silent ring of course). You lift the phone to your head turn around and start talking to the not-existing person on the line. The other guy wont wait!

But I am so fed up with people agressing others for fun. Nowadays I would get so choleric I dont know how I would behave.

So as I said, there will be a day for the younger ones of you ("oh yeah as if I with my 25 years should say something like that!") when you can afford to hang around in clubs and bars where those people cant or dont want to or you simply learn to know the owner! There are so many ways to get around the saturday-night battle.

Most or actually all the fights i have been in, have been pulled apart by spectators. I'm not a violent person by nature and i have ignored quite a few punches my way but once i'm annoyed i can't stop myself from doing something i will regret.

hhhhahahaahahaaaahhhaaaaaaaaaaaahaahahaaaaahaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I would have those group of people you was with to beat him up then pee on his face.<--really seen that happen,was on a video.These group of guys kick this guy ass and this one guy piss on his face.