Sign in to follow this  
Mike Miller

Muzzle smoke is cheap

Weapons muzzle smoke needs to be improved!  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Weapons muzzle smoke needs to be improved!

• Yes, i agree
    • No, its ok the way it is

The smoke coming from rifles and MG's looks extremly cheap.

Just a few round puffs are coming forward from the muzzle.

Since the rest of the smoke/dust in A2 is owesome or e.g. the smoke coming from a tank looks stunning, im missing a improvement on rifle and MG's smoke.

In RL if a weapon is cleaned well, without much grease left, there is not much smoke coming from it. So a adjustment not only needs more realistic smoke but also less amount. although the duration should last a bit longer.

Hope you agree and vote for improvement.

Edited by Mike Miller

Yep, I've been commenting the same thing. I'd rather it wasn't there at all for small arms and much smaller for machine guns.

There are already several posts regarding this so it may get locked.

Edited by EDcase

honestly i have to say..Who the hell cares about stupid muzzle smoke? i would like to see you do better it is fine the way it is..sure it could be better but really nobody cares.you guys are just finding small little facts to point out when really the game is amazing as it is.

honestly i have to say..Who the hell cares about stupid muzzle smoke? i would like to see you do better it is fine the way it is..sure it could be better but really nobody cares.you guys are just finding small little facts to point out when really the game is amazing as it is.

i care and maybe others as well. just observe a squad shooting. the puffs from the rifles are just a pain in the eye, since the rest of the grafics are owesome!

can be made in a mod...

Is it more important than AI knowing where you are when detonating a satchel from 500 meters? No didnt think so. Eyecandy comes last - real data first. Thats why CoD looks good - cause it sucks otherwise.

Alex

Man, first the muzzle flash and now the muzzle smoke. People don't seem to care about the rest of the game they're playing. Or they like to nitpick... Or both. :rolleyes:

I think it's fine the way it is.

Man, first the muzzle flash and now the muzzle smoke. People don't seem to care about the rest of the game they're playing. Or they like to nitpick... Or both. :rolleyes:

I think it's fine the way it is.

Well I think they are pretty good suggestions considering they are the first thing you see when firing a weapon (especially muzzle flash in dark lighting)

I agree that those round smoke puffs looks terrible. I really would like them to be changed in of the upcoming patches.

72;1316382']can be made in a mod...

Is it more important than AI knowing where you are when detonating a satchel from 500 meters? No didnt think so. Eyecandy comes last - real data first. Thats why CoD looks good - cause it sucks otherwise.

Alex

The AI behaviour has nothing to do with this thread and i guess there are tons of AI behaviour bug reports and suggestions. Evetually it will be tweaked by bis or different mods.

Weapon smoke was the same in ArmA1 and for visual ppl. like me or realistic grafic-fans its a important detail. shure there is stuff more important than this.

but when i play the game and im amazed about the action and visuall effects' date=' this just bothers me big time. of course i hate to be spotted from 700m through the gras, tree, wall. but that has nothing to do with this thread. just vote and you see what ppl. like and what not!

The issue for me is that A2 is a NEW game and the weapons smoke is pure A1! [b']Also since fireing a infantry weapon might be one of the most used actions in this game! So in this regard it deserves to look better muzzle flash and smoke wise! ;)[/b]

Again just to delete it might already do the job, since modern weapons dont produce much smoke! Except in wet weather like rain, hot weapons start to steam.

Adjusting the muzzle flashes with variables and attach smoke partices would be just right i guess...

Edited by Mike Miller

Yes, I definitly think that there should not be near as much smoke from small arms and not too much from big machineguns such as .50 cals. I also think that there should be absolutely no muzzleflash except for night time.

Muzzle smoke in MP (puff balls) is now fixed with the new 1.02 build.:)

What worsens its appearance is that you'll get these puffs of smoke drifting away from the muzzle at a goodly speed, but then when other smoke from other effects is around, the "wind" or "breeze" isn't pushing that smoke away at the same speed.

I wish the guns would overheat and smoke (from the lenght of the barrel) rather then firing marshmellows.

Muzzle smoke in MP (puff balls) is now fixed with the new 1.02 build.:)

No it isn't

The smoke is good enough to indicate where the bullet hits the ground.

We are talking about muzzle flash not dust kick.

No it isn't

They improved it. No small puff balls anymore.

They improved it. No small puff balls anymore.

Well then now they are big puff balls ;)

Well then now they are big puff balls ;)

Okay, what should they fix in your opinion?

They should just remove them altogether, that our use animated puffs, or multiple puffs.

They should just remove them altogether, that our use animated puffs, or multiple puffs.

I liked how Merceneries: Playground of Destruction made it.

It just creates smoke from the barrel that lasts for less then a second.

So you only have like smoke around the muzzle flash no plazma balls flying out.

And people are crying about framerates now. So add more stress to the current game? No thanks.

it is important to know where the fire is coming from. not everybody is able to spot green pixels hidden between other green pixels as well as the ai does it. while i agree that realism > gameplay, some concessions need to be made to the limitations of a computer screen and headphones imo.

it is important to know where the fire is coming from. not everybody is able to spot green pixels hidden between other green pixels as well as the ai does it. while i agree that realism > gameplay, some concessions need to be made to the limitations of a computer screen and headphones imo.

No one is saying that muzzle smoke should disappear. But some reduction of that, addition of heat smoke when applicable, and even kicked up dust or debris from firing could be nice.