Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Not every game, just arma. Because boheima never seems to learn. Theres something called: Testing!

But I guess rippoff is cheaper.

-Enemy AI still wallhacks you just like Arma 1 .

Actually, this is a feature that only happens to people who refuse to test their claims.

-Enemy AI still wallhacks you just like Arma 1 .

Care to explain?

-graphics had a little hope though, but this light bullshit is ridiculous. I had to use nightvision in the middle of the day, if I were standing one way the light was ok, i turned and everything went totally dark. What the hell is up with that?

To be completely honest, neither myself, nor any of my friends who have played either the game or the demo have come across anything like this. I'm suspecting a hardware problem on your end.

Atleast Operation Flashpoint was good, realy hope Operation Flashpoint 2 will be the same.

Wouldn't build up too much hope on that one...

Ebud is saying everything I want to say but can't be bothered.

Also, if this is a ripoff, then I'd like BI to rip me off again.

I have played arround 4-6 hrs of the game, encountered enough buggs in that time to make an assumption...

Even though it says at the end of your first post "PS!

Glad I dint buy this shit this time. " Hmm...?

Ebud is saying everything I want to say but can't be bothered.

Also, if this is a ripoff, then I'd like BI to rip me off again.

I'm just getting sick and tired of posters like the OP. I'm beginning to honestly think some of them really are shills. I mean who really goes out of their way to be an a-hole like that? He didn't even buy the game and he's crying like BI killed his dog? Trolls like that drive me nuts as you cannot reason with them so you may as well stoop to their level.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Even though it says at the end of your first post "PS!

Glad I dint buy this shit this time. " Hmm...?

Lol, he played it at a "buddy's house".

Riiiiiight.

I'm just getting sick and tired of posters like the OP. I'm beginning to honestly think some of them really are shills. I mean who really goes out of their way to be an a-hole like that? He didn't even buy the game and he's crying like BI killed his dog? Trolls like that drive me nuts as you cannot reason with them so you may as well stoop to their level.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 PM ----------

Lol, he played it at a "buddy's house".

Riiiiiight.

Guess I hit the soft spot. If im not wrong theres a 14 day refund on most products.

Guess I hit the soft spot. If im not wrong theres a 14 day refund on most products.

Yes, I have a softspot for people who come here crying like babies and acting like fools.

Why would you need a refund if you didn't buy the game?

Atleast Operation Flashpoint was good, realy hope Operation Flashpoint 2 will be the same.

Wouldn't build up too much hope on that one...

Yea, but this time its from codemasters if im not mistaking.. theres light in the tunnel for that release atleast.

Yea, but this time its from codemasters

Yes, thus the comment I made :wink_o:

Again, explain the "wallhacking" thing you refer to.

Yea, but this time its from codemasters if im not mistaking.. theres light in the tunnel for that release atleast.

Maybe. I'll be getting it probably since I really like the Dirt engine. I really enjoyed COD4 since I can enjoy other games for what they are, not what I want them to be, so I'm sure I will be able to enjoy that game as well, but it really is a completely different animal.

If I don't like it maybe I could go to the CM forums and complain like there is no tomorrow.

Yes, thus the comment I made :wink_o:

Again, explain the "wallhacking" thing you refer to.

Not exactly wallhacking.. more like bush hacking. I can understand its hard to program that stuff, but its anoying as hell when AIs can see you through high grass, bushes thick forrests etc.

Got one shotted through bushes also my AI members is lying behind bushes and sniping through them

If I don't like it maybe I could go to the CM forums and complain like there is no tomorrow.

Oddly enough, there seems to be more ArmA fanboys on the OFPDR forums then there are around here...

Not exactly wallhacking.. more like bush hacking

Ah yeah, that is a problem with ArmA/ArmA II alright. But then you do concede that it would be something that is problematic to implement effectively. There are certain trade-offs that have to be made by the designers, and hopefully they'll work on the problem in patches. That said, that hardly makes the game Alpha quality software just because of that one issue.

Edited by echo1

Not exactly wallhacking.. more like bush hacking. I can understand its hard to program that stuff, but its anoying as hell when AIs can see you through high grass, bushes thick forrests etc.

Got one shotted through bushes also my AI members is lying behind bushes and sniping through them

Been there, done that, and I agree even though there have been videos debunking the "all seeing ai" as well as videos proving this point :( It's been there since day one.

its anoying as hell when AIs can see you through high grass, bushes thick forrests etc
Been there, done that, and I agree even though there have been videos debunking the "all seeing ai" as well as videos proving this point :( It's been there since day one.

Ok, enough ;)

Maybe a sample mission can shed some light on some basic AI features, if you cant test yourself.

DEBUNKING THE SEE-THROUGH-BUSH MITH

http://rapidshare.com/files/250438006/check_ai_see_through_bushes.utes.zip.html

AI does NOT see you through a bush even if you are a few steps away.

AI sees or hear you MOVING behind a bush.

ALSO there's a couple of bugs that make AI units and groups get your position when you kill or wound the units or one of the group members.

That's the culprit of the problem, not the place behind which you are hiding ...

It's all documented here:

Killing a UNAWARE AI unit instantly gives knowledge of the approximate shooter position to his groupies, even if they are 10km. away

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2067

Fixed by Suma in v. 1.03

and here:

wounded AI gain a CONSTANT value of "knowledge" about shooter ignoring class, concealement, stance and weapon (+ Dead ai still gains knowasbout).

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/show/2417

currently assigned

I see no need for further speculation.

Cheers to all.

Edited by fabrizio_T

first some screenies:

screenshot1, screenshot2, screenshot3, screenshot4, screenshot5

I've been playing demo only, but I guess bugs/glithes are the same in 1.02 505 version, so:

what I like in ArmA2:

- sky! (is like a real one)

- voices (yes I like them, they are much better than these from ArmA1)

- improved AI

- graphics (sometimes is amazing)

- overall atmosphere

what I'd like to change:

- mouse lag! (like somebody said here, "this is the worst bug for ANY FPS game")

- bloom (is too strong and too much glow when posteffects are enabled)

- ugly M4 EOTEH (same as it's owner Patrick Miles). this one would be much better:

. also AH1 Cobra model doesn't look good.

- naked palms. I would like gloves for more classes. these from ArmA1 sniper class would be pretty good: image

- muzzle flash (looks horrible and cover target when firing at night)

- command menu is poor and uncomfortable. there is only a few useless commands for human players. lack of team or request commands like "cover me" or "enemy spotted": image1, image2, image3

- antialiasing at low reduces performance too much

- reporting enemies through the buildings

- ACOG sight is oversized

- bad spectator camera controll

what I'd like to add:

- CCIP bombing mode for aircraft

- rate of fire toggle animation (like in America's Army f.e): clip. it really sux when you have to choose through grenades/launcher, if you want to shoot with bullets only

- enhanced command menu (see above)

my system specs:

C2D E8400@4GHz, GF 8800 GTS 512, P35-DS4, 2 GB RAM

Oddly enough, there seems to be more ArmA fanboys on the OFPDR forums then there are around here...

Yea, a couple of days ago I thought I would ask a few questions that I was really interested in. I was a bit hesitant as it would be pretty close to the percieved weakpoints in the game, and didn't really want to rile.. Then noticed all the other Arma FB's prodding in sensitive areas and decided to give the devs a break, I remember this phase of development in Arma II just a few months back.. :o

Fabrizio_T: Thank you for all that. You defined the issue, itemized its elements, and showed the direct efforts being done to correct the problem. :thumb:

And for BIS nailing that issue down :yay::yay::yay: !!! No more 'Psychic AI Network'. That should REALLY change how the engagements play to a more reasonable escalation, instead of almost instant whole squad recognition and position fixing. (and satchel-setter premonition)

Edited by Scrub

Just FYI BI got zero money from any army.

VBS is developped by an entirely different team dedicated to answering professional needs. The money from the army goes there. It's tested because the Armies PAY.

If USMC was paying what we are paying, for VBS, you can bet they wouldn't have 1/1000th of what they have now.

BTW "the armies" represent a small, small, small portion of what a public customer market can present of varied situations. They can be followed and helped one by one (again, because they pay) due to their low number.

Comparing professionnal dev to public one is just... well, you're pro, you should know

I think you're misreading me or deliberately attempting to twist what I say. I am saying that the US army would not accept such a bugged product, why should we, the consumer?

In the scheme of things, the bugs I've found aren't really showstoppers in themselves, but put together they ruin the enjoyment of the game. The AI is a joke in places - if I can't trust the AI to move to a certain location or react to shots being fired, then what's the point in having a squad?

I don't play MP online much - I tend to dislike arguing with 14 year old boys who call each other "n00bs" - so an SP campaign with working AI is important to me. Right now the AI doesn't work properly.

Comparing professional dev to public one? - Sorry, what do you mean?

I think you're misreading me or deliberately attempting to twist what I say. I am saying that the US army would not accept such a bugged product, why should we, the consumer?

In the scheme of things, the bugs I've found aren't really showstoppers in themselves, but put together they ruin the enjoyment of the game. The AI is a joke in places - if I can't trust the AI to move to a certain location or react to shots being fired, then what's the point in having a squad?

I don't play MP online much - I tend to dislike arguing with 14 year old boys who call each other "n00bs" - so an SP campaign with working AI is important to me. Right now the AI doesn't work properly.

Comparing professional dev to public one? - Sorry, what do you mean?

Believe me, depending on the price, an army can accept any sort of bug and adapt if needed. Seen it first hand, for our misfortune :(

BIA customer base is what? Way tinier than BIS one. That mean they can answer each request specifically with "ease", manpower and time dedicated to it. Even moreso with the price these customer pay for the product.They can chase any bug encountered way easier, the situation they'll face will be far less varied than what a large public consumer base can produce in terms of different hardware requirements, expectations, tests done for specific reasons, etc...This will raise the quality of the product.

It's all about money. You want pro quality ala VBS? Pay your fee to BIA and enjoy

PS : imho, you better avoid generalizing about MP crowd, that'd make for a better post

Not sure if it's been brought up but civies have a tendency of appearing with theirs back to walls and their legs buried in the ground. Also with certain buildings when I throw a hand grenade at them it blows the wall apart and then goes off after a while.

Thats not framerate lag in game either, its network lag. I get the same thing on just about every server I have played on. Even if I play on the Chicago servers as I live in Milwaukee, I get pretty nasty desync and lag. And thats on a 15 down 2 up Time Warner business cass line with no other WAN traffic!!!

lol im in south east Australia, SEALZ is based in America so i had a ping of 200 but its still very playable :)

F-16 low level flying
wow! :butbut: HUD looks like a real one. Is this a mod? where can I find it? Edited by funkee

PS!

Glad I dint buy this shit this time.

Hi all

Glad see the anti Pirate software is working well. :)

Kind Regards walker