Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

The two funniest quotes I have seen on these forums.

1: "So as you can see I have taken a hit to the head, but it's nothing serious, although I am bleeding badly."

2:"I'm a master pilot helis and jets in BF2, and in this game it just seems impossible.":D

downloaded demo,(thanks guys in trouble shooting)

the graphics are quite good, was suprised by the quality...though there seems to be issue with the game FPS rate as i have a high end system and yet feels juttery.

Gameplay, it rather complex, if not over complex, this atm i cannot see is a good thing, when you compare this game to other realism games/mods like BF2 project reality, which has a HUGE fanbase, probally as big maybe bigger than this games, really does play a lot better gameplay wise.

I feel the games biggest issue is interface, and how the camera/mouse moves, for example if you play games like BF2,call of duty 5/4, crysis and other FPS games you will find the SMOOTHNESS of the FPS and gameplay a lot better than this games.

It feels very unnatual the way the player moves, and camera/mouse moverments are done, yes the moverments i guess supposed to be realistic ect but the whole feel to the game isnt good at all, ie compared to other FPS games, moving the camera for example makes the screen go fuzzy and iffy.

The good points like i said are graphics, which look very nice on my system, also like the map system, VERY NICE, the command system seems quite good but a few bugs around there.

Another major issue are the controles, for example having to use the middle mouse butten to issue certain actions is quite anoying and hard to do, as a lot of the time your character does actions you dont want him to do, or fires /shoots his gun when you press select a certaiin action.

Also AI is rather hit and miss, sometimes the AI uses tactics then halfway though moving in formation everyone goes off and does their own thing.

This game has potencial but i feel it isnt good enough to get any huge/big hit, this mainly due to the fact that, Operation Flash Point Dragons Rising is coming out soon and from the Pre- beta tests it AMAZING, it mainly due to the feel of the game ie, not juttery moverment /simple interfact ect.

nice game but with other games having better aspects of this game and OFDR coming out soon this game i cannot see getting big sales...

also remember COD4,2 is coming out... 1.2 million sales predicted in first week...:eek:

You DO realize the differences between the games, right? And, therefore, the different market they are serving?

Saying that they should've made movement like in CoD/whatever is like saying that they should've used 2D sprites instead of 3D models.

-thoughts-

This game isn't for you mate, especially if you think OPF looks 'amazing'. Sales are strong, it's the most sold on Steam this week, my local store here in the UK had sold out. Of course MW2 is going to sell loads, its got a wider audience. Arma is fairly niche, but what it does it does brilliantly.

nice game but with other games having better aspects of this game and OFDR coming out soon this game i cannot see getting big sales...

also remember COD4,2 is coming out... 1.2 million sales predicted in first week...:eek:

Jeez, don't you understand that people who buy ArmA 2 wants realism? Why would they buy some arcade shit like OFp: DR or CoD?

People who wants realism plays ArmA 2, people who want to play arcade shit and possibly get smoother mouse/character movements plays CoD 4, OFp: DR, CS, BF2 etc.

ppl... while i dont agree with roadrunner said, but pls don diss him... it was just a culture shock. sooner or later ppl will realize they had enuff of COD and wondering why on earth ppl still playing OFP and ARMA2 after so many years... they will comeback and be enlightened

Be civil guys. Roadrunner didn't troll or anything, he just said what he liked and didn't liked about the game in a very educated way.

Arma 2 has a certain learning curve and it's doing things differently than other games, so many people are confused at first. But with time, many change their mind and understand the potential and greatness of the game while overlooking its little flaws.

Don't be smartass rabid zealots.

@roadrunner : the Arma series require some involvement from the players to really express it's potential. It does not give instant gratification and fun like other FPS, but can deliver much more in the long run. If you stick to it, you'll get used to it and you shall see...

ppl... while i dont agree with roadrunner said, but pls don diss him... it was just a culture shock. sooner or later ppl will realize they had enuff of COD and wondering why on earth ppl still playing OFP and ARMA2 after so many years... they will comeback and be enlightened

i not some arcade noob, i just saying the interface, ie how the screen feels is not that good compared to the other fps games.

for example it seems you need to buy a add on, "face sensor" to be able to get the proper feel for the game.....

remember this is a game, so there is a point where "pretending to be realism " just spoils the fun of the game.

if you a hardcore nut head about realism why dont you sign up and do something usefull with your lives??

End story is, this is a game and thus should be enjoyable and easy enough to play with, it has good points but the interface is far to iffy/laggy even with a high spec pc to fully enjoy the game.

it should be smooth when you move the mouse not jutty/bluured.

We don't all want to settle with pong gameplay. :bounce3:

I sort of agree. You can get this by disabling postprocessing.

i not some arcade noob, i just saying the interface, ie how the screen feels is not that good compared to the other fps games.

for example it seems you need to buy a add on, "face sensor" to be able to get the proper feel for the game.....

remember this is a game, so there is a point where "pretending to be realism " just spoils the fun of the game.

if you a hardcore nut head about realism why dont you sign up and do something usefull with your lives??

End story is, this is a game and thus should be enjoyable and easy enough to play with, it has good points but the interface is far to iffy/laggy even with a high spec pc to fully enjoy the game.

Ah. It can be a game if you wish. But also it can be used as an infantry/military simulation. If that's hard to understand please move on. Some of us were defending you. But as it goes you shoot yourself in the foot. You are new here. Try being quit and lesson. Post your concerns respectfully. Thanks.

It can be used as an infantry/ military simulation??

ArmA2 is as much a realistic infantry simulator as I am a goatherd. And I've never been near a goat.

It's a game. Any squaddies here improved their FIBUA skills with OFP or Arma? Nope, didn't think so.

OTOH, VBS and VBS2 are military "sims".

I love the way you guys are all shouting down people who criticise the product, that just goes to show you can't tolerate anyone insulting your beloved game (I wonder how many of you actually have a copy?) OR you are willing to accept mediocrity IF somewhere down the line the game will be fixed later.

It may be good enough for you but I expect better. Maybe it's an age thing - I grew up with games working properly - or the fact I'm a senior software developer who would get fired if my team released anything so obviously broken.

Don't give me "deadline issues" from publishers etc - you don't work for BIS and so you know jack. And also don't give me the "it's a complex game" spiel either - there's been 2 iterations, OFP and Arma1, the devs should know what they are letting themselves in for now. OFP2 is released in November, there was time to iron some code out before the competition came (and if Codemasters have any sense they will ensure their product works before they release it) but no, release this mess.

I stuck with OFP because it was BIS's first release, and the premise was good, true enough it became an awesome game and one I still play. But having seen competing war games nowadays and their quality - ie: not many bugs killing the gameplay - I have to ask if BIS actually have a test team or they expect us to beta test for them.

BIS have contracts with the US military do they not? Therefore they should have plenty of cash to spare on a shared test team...... ? US army don't pay peanuts do they? Hmm... (I await an aggrieved dev telling me that the VBS project is partitioned or based elsewhere... yeah yeah yeah.)

I'm persevering with this game, but at every turn I'm frustrated by the dumb AI. And despite my misgivings I'm reporting bugs to the dev heaven issue list, but tbh I'm pissed off. This isn't even Mastertronic quality yet.... (a wee joke for the older members)

Edited by Zombie_Mod

I stuck with OFP because it was BIS's first release, and the premise was good, true enough it became an awesome game and one I still play. But having seen competing war games nowadays and their quality - ie: not many bugs killing the gameplay

ArmA 2 does not have any competition.

I understand your frustration Zombie but ignoring and not tolerating the reasons behind the bugs doesn't help neither. BIS DEVs seem to be way more motivated than before, just look at how fast they answer to the bugs reports by trying to figure them out.

The game isn't released yet in some countries and there are already 2 patches.

I'm not paid to submit such statements, but with some common sense and with a pinch of hindsight and by judging every aspect of the game, you can see that things aren't as bad as some make it sound.

Regards,

TB

It's nothing serious, though I am bleeding badly.

I'll just apply a magic medkit...

Embedding doesn't work?

Link:

CEASE FIRE GAWD DAMIT

LOL.

Stop torturing cooper :(

I'd have to say though the latest version of 1.02 has made the experience a whole lot better :bounce3:

With all settings (including AA) on Very High and a view distance of just under 4k I've just been for a spin in the Osprey and it was smooth even at 400+ knots/mph. It did get a bit choppy over the sea (pun intended) but over land it looked amazing.

P

Hi gays...erm guys:)

It's hot outside...time for a gay club party:

3Qeh1fAYyzA

:yay:

Nice one Duke.

I really, really want to know who did the mo-cap for those dance moves...

Wow! Priest at the end rocks!
Oh yeah, that just made my day! :D

This game ought to have more of these animations, and a Garry's mod kind of modification.

Hi gays...erm guys:)

It's hot outside...time for a gay club party:

:yay:

That is some real emergent gameplay! :eek: .