Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

HALO is freaking HARD with 800m VD and no rendered particle effects... In conclusion: new computer time :D

That's the spirit :)

nRLkp7inGaU

Planes are pretty fun to go around in...

My original thread..... sorry for posting a new one but I needed to vent.....

BIS, why did you release a game so full of bugs? I mean the game is utterly unplayable, at least for me.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. Got to a mission where I have to search weapons caches and sentry posts, about the 3rd or 4th in....

My pedal bike swerves all over the place at the lightest touch... I order my men to GET IN to a LAV and the vehicle next to it, they refuse for no reason.

I ask them to MOVE TO one of the cache locations, they disembark from the LAV and start running there! Why???

I don't mind being killed in a game if its my fault but why am I having to fight the controls? This is just 1999 OFP 1.0 all over again.

Why is it when I'm shot I *have* to roll onto my back?

And what have you done to the control interface?? I have to press backspace now, then the F2,F3,F4 keys to select the team member, its different to what I had with Flashpoint and no better.

Not that the AI listens right enough: I remember switching to a team member and then the group leader (who used to be me) orders another member to GET IN some HumVee!!! I never asked for that, why did it happen?

Also, why does the priest guarding one of the weapons caches speak on a radio??

Didn't you fix all these bugs with ArmA 1? So, why are you letting them back in Arma 2? Guys this is just.... pathetic.

And don't give me the "when XYZ patch comes out...." - I spent money to have a playable game, but right now I'm close to shouting at how I got fooled AGAIN. You did this with Flashpoint and Arma, releasing games that didn't work properly - thats why I never bothered with Arma (bouncing truck off a bridge, anyone? Can't see through grass, remember all that?) - but this is taking the mick!!

I needed to rant, because if I didn't I'd go nuts. I spent 25 quid at Amazon for a half finished game. If any of the fanboys fancy having a go at me for speaking the truth come ahead, but I bite!!! Really disappointed.

Edit: Looking at the thread I can see the Fanboys giving it "if you don't like it go back to Arma" to all that complained - they'd be the same sort who whined about Windows XP being full of bugs, but would you hear them saying "go back to Windows 98/ME"? Ha. And I won't go back to Arma because it was a bug-ridden mess at the start too, thats what put me off!

Edited by Zombie_Mod

wow

So I've been waiting for this Friday...

and now the demo has come.

This game is horrible for me.

I have 3GB of Ram, 2.6 quad processor and 8800GTS 640 MB...

and this game rapes it all.

The controls are sooo slow and the motion blur kills brain cells.

I'm a master pilot helis and jets in BF2, and in this game it just seems impossible.

Not sure I'm giving in my 50 bucks.

When this crap will be barely in working state OF2 will be out ,good work bohemia you just missed the train..

baron666

Are you kidding?

The game has a very high gaming profile and is absolutely playable if you have the appropriate hardware (not necessary high-end)

Incoming patches will improve it.

No doubt.

Cheers

It's playable if you have extremely low standards and nerves of steel, yeah.

wow

I'm a master pilot helis and jets in BF2, and in this game it just seems impossible.

Did you notice that you can change your graphical options?

Agreed

I did have low expectations obviously after reading through all the forums months before it was released but now I can't bare pretending that the game has amazing performance because that's BS

Performance seems to degrade over time I'm not sure if this was the server or my PC but after 2 hours it was becoming unplayable and annoying, my friends were reporting the same as we were in vent

For some reason I started with high settings but I find my self turning things down where ever I can to get performance

My specs:

Q6600 @ 2.4

4GB ram

4850 700/1000

Creative Xi-fi Music equivalent to Gamer

7,200rpm drive

I started off using:

3000vis

1280x1024

everything on high

Now I find myself at:

2000vis or 1500 in MP

1280x1024

everything else on normal

apart from post proc disabled, shadows disabled

Grass off in MP

And textures left on high

I have Grass, post proc and shadows off just so I can actually see people easier it so hard with them on but then the game looks like turd without

Also the little arrows you get on SP are the worst color ever they need to be bright green or yellow not a murky yellow/green you can't see it amongst the grass

This game needs a patching for performance and also to make it a least a little easier to find people, you also really need a radar its a pain in the arse to look at the map all the time and I know its not call of duty and needs to be realistic blah blah blah that's great really but it needs to be playable I can't spend 1 hour going round the map just to achieve one kill

This game is just falling short of its potential

Edited by craig3000

Agreed

I did have low expectations obviously after reading through all the forums months before it was released but now I can't bare pretending that the game has amazing performance because that's BS

Performance seems to degrade over time I'm not sure if this was the server or my PC but after 2 hours it was becoming unplayable and annoying, my friends were reporting the same as we were in vent

For some reason I started with high settings but I find my self turning things down where ever I can to get performance

My specs:

Q6600 @ 2.4

4GB ram

4850 700/1000

Creative Xi-fi Music equivalent to Gamer

7,200rpm drive

I started off using:

3000vis

1280x1024

everything on high

Now I find myself at:

2000vis or 1500 in MP

1280x1024

everything else on normal

apart from post proc disabled, shadows disabled

Grass off in MP

And textures left on high

I have Grass, post proc and shadows off just so I can actually see people easier it so hard with them on but then the game looks like turd without

Also the little arrows you get on SP are the worst color ever they need to be bright green or yellow not a murky yellow/green you can't see it amongst the grass

This game needs a patching for performance and also to make it a least a little easier to find people, you also really need a radar its a pain in the arse to look at the map all the time and I know its not call of duty and needs to be realistic blah blah blah that's great really but it needs to be playable I can't spend 1 hour going round the map just to achieve one kill

This game is just falling short of its potential

First off, I also have a Q600 and am running 1920 x 1200 with almost all set to max (fill rate @ 125%) and its very playable.

as for the radar .. Just NO.

Your right its not call of duty..

Without being too nasty, I really don't think this is the game your after.

Oh well the game is never being playable for someone who have a NASA standard and his nerves made with heavily worn old rusty carbon steel cable from an old bike, if you know what i mean.

wow

Turn down the Graphics and 8800 is not going to cut it if you have amything turned up in the graphics area. Normal or Low is going to get decent framerates. The 8800 is an old card now time to upgrade. ArmA 2 is a very detailed simulation it requires the latest hardware to run it using the highest graphics levels.

8800 is not going to cut it if you have amything turned up in the graphics area

8800 is good enough for most things on high with 1600-2000 VD and 100% 3D resolution/fillrate

Gives you around 30 fps.

Unfortunately 30fps just isn't enough for some people.:j:

Unfortunately 30fps just isn't enough for some people.:j:

Smooth 30fps (constant 33ms frame times) should be more than enough for anyone. It's the fps drops/stutter that make it unplayable in some games.

Very quick question:

Do I need Patch 1.01 to jump to 1.02 or will it be fine to directly update to 1.02? (UK version)

First off, I also have a Q600 and am running 1920 x 1200 with almost all set to max (fill rate @ 125%) and its very playable.

as for the radar .. Just NO.

Your right its not call of duty..

Without being too nasty, I really don't think this is the game your after.

That's the response I knew I would get, this is the game I'm looking for too bad its not quite there yet

I'm not to worried about finding other people and the map/radar etc I will get used to that over time but I am worried about performance, I don't have to run on all the highest settings possible but if I do turn the graphics down I want it to be smooth not 60FPS but just smooth whereas this game is all clunky anyway hope for some good patches!

Very quick question:

Do I need Patch 1.01 to jump to 1.02 or will it be fine to directly update to 1.02? (UK version)

1.02 patch should bring any version to 1.02, so I'd guess no.

Very quick question:

It will be fine either way

ARMA 2 Update 1.02.58134: arma2.com changelog is not the one Maruk published.

Very nice - I like anti-aliasing - now I can make the game look great without that post-processing crap ;).... Is it just be who is getting tired of the lighting using postprocessing? (Sometimes it's impossible to see your compas for example when having postprocessing enabled). Also - I don't really get any performance hit using AA on GT9800, wohoo... But I can definately see a difference!

One more thing, though... BIS you seriously need to take an extra couple of minutes writing your messages and having one message for each exception in your code. The new patch gives an error message "patch 1.02 is already applied".... But it does upgrade your game.

I like the arrestor wires on the Khe Sanh. Strong stuff :)

Edited by Fincuan

I like the arrestor wires on the Khe Sanh. Strong stuff :)

lol that stop messed up your inside ;)