Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

LOL Balgorg

Obvious troll is obvious.

GTFO

c21970909.jpg

Edited by DennisK4

The random generated land is much better now, and I like it how it shows up on the map :).

But I could definately use some grass and forests in it, would make it much better.

Also, the border between the two tyoes of terrain is still very easy to spot - its like it's been covered with tarmark...?!?

arma22009062012225225.th.pngarma22009062012314734.th.png

Edited by Espectro

AA is not fully supported yet.

You can turn it on by doing something in a .cfg file, but you lose shadows if you use AA atm.

Full support for AA comes in a future patch, probably 1.03

I've never seen they will "Fully support" FSAA. Have you got source ?

Wait and see

Why is it if you voice a gripe you get accused of being a Troll, I dont respond to positive posts that I dont agree with by calling people FanBoys.

As far as I am awair the X-Box version is being developed, not released yet. All the former media suggested that. If these aint X-Box developed features, then what are they?

Why is it if you voice a gripe you get accused of being a Troll, I dont respond to positive posts that I dont agree with by calling people FanBoys.

As far as I am awair the X-Box version is being developed, not released yet. All the former media suggested that. If these aint X-Box developed features, then what are they?

PC-developed features?

Strange with 1.02 there seems to be some kind of frame rate limiter? FPS won't go above 60 no matter what. With 1.01 I got over 100 FPS when looking into sky or at empty sea.

Strange with 1.02 there seems to be some kind of frame rate limiter? FPS won't go above 60 no matter what. With 1.01 I got over 100 FPS when looking into sky or at empty sea.

Check your Vsync maybe? If it's on then it'll limit your fps to your monitors refresh rate, (most likely 60).

Since many PC owners use the XBOX 360 controller myself included it makes sense to support it. The vehicle handling is much improved in patch 1.02.

The graphics of the game pushes even the fastest PC to the limits.

The game is vast and immense. Where do you find anything like that on XBOX 360? The game is clearly a PC game first and foremost.

Check your Vsync maybe? If it's on then it'll limit your fps to your monitors refresh rate, (most likely 60).

Stupid me :p Updated Nvidia's drivers also so it must have defaulted back to normal settings.

thanks a lot BIS:

now i have 35-40fps in battles with vd set to 4000 @1680x1050

i only got the half before with 1280x1024

now the game will start!!!:bounce3:

finally my copy arrived in the mail! :yay:

although i'm german i preordered the 505 version because i do not want to suport a publisher who destroys BIS reputation in germany by foolishly forcing a premature release. off course a bad translation only helps making this decision...

installing now, can't wait to play the game finally. thanks BIS!

AMD X2 6400 (3.2), 4 GB 800 Mhz RAM, 8800 GT, Windows 7 64

I never posted my 1.01 impressions, I was too busy playing. The game ran fine (especially considering my older PC). And by fine I mean ~20-25 FPS average. That is ok with me, I don't think I see any faster than that anyways...

As far as 1.02 goes, it runs even better. I am not in as big of a rush to upgrade as I expected to be (I need everything, not just a video card and processor). I use a mix of normal to high settings, 1680x1050, and it looks great. It seems to sound better too.

Some new graphics options with new patch that I haven't translated yet, but all I changed was the blur (I think) setting to medium (I think). I like it the way it is now.

I am really surprised how well it runs (before and after patch). Thanks again BI for making a game that won't be uninstalled in 2 weeks (or even 2 years).

I still look forward to seeing it all in English though. And of course I understand why it wasn't enabled in the last patch (you have to wait for all the publishers to release). But I'll be buying the US DVD also, so it really doesn't matter.

UAV is a lot better now !!

Camera is a lot more stable, mini map is nice, and you can switch pseudo black hot/white hot with night vision key.

The only thing to make it 100% useful is a "lock camera on target" function, identical to what's in the camera.sqf.

But it's really going in the right direction.

Chernarus is also at least 4 times the size on the map, not counting the infinite land which is a lot better now. When they get the clutter working (hopefully with some trees) it'll just plain awsome (well... even more awsome.)

does the FPS increase a lot or enough in the patch or not much?

Game is more fluid now, i've gone from average 35fps to 40fps on the rig below, very happy with 1.02.

Installed the patch 1.02

After a quick tour i'm very disappointed. Some issues....

1) No English language support (I bought German digital version)

2) No English manual

Cheers

I just bought the 505 version from Nexway but it didn't even come with a .pdf manual in the main directory. I DL'd the German version on release day and it had a German manual. Am I missing something here or is there no English manual for the digital 505 version?

Thanks BIS for getting the new fixes out. I'm impressed.

Edited by Manzilla

does the FPS increase a lot or enough in the patch or not much?

Not much with everything equal, but you can switch off Post-processing and that helps get a few fps more (probably similar to the noblur addon).

Sound issues seem to be fixed, 5.1 sounds great now. Performance is still meh.

/e: Where are the bloom/blur options though?

Edited by kRush

/e: Where are the bloom/blur options though?

Both are controlled by "Post Processing Effects". Setting them to disabled turns off the bloom and blur.

anyone got a WORKING mirror?

all the listed mirrors are dead. and the main download has a whooping 20kb/s

I've never seen they will "Fully support" FSAA. Have you got source ?

Wait and see

The developers say ATLEAST 2 times in this thread that ARMA II will get full support for AA in a future patch.

Here is 2 of them:

"FSAA will be completely supported in one of the futures patches"

"Full AA suport is expected in 1.03."

Not much with everything equal, but you can switch off Post-processing and that helps get a few fps more (probably similar to the noblur addon).

It should help better than the noblur addon as noblur is using some post processing but without changing the rendering. With the new options, the act of post processing itself is stopped, as far as I understood.