Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Hmm, installed the patch everything seems fine excepting for the AntiAliasing option in the video options stuck on 'Disabled', with any available 'Enable' option.

Have I missed a trick on how to enable AA?

The game overall is very impressive, and can't wait to get stuck into the campaign later today.

Just wondering now after this patch, why did they make AA software controlled? its no different from having filtering on for performance hits..

AA used on my 4870 with it at fsaa=0 in cfg does nothing.. Hardware AA is key in relieving the stress off the cpu.

Hope this comes later again with more fixes, other than that thanks for staying up late and getting it out at least :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1317891&postcount=175

Answers to your questions.

arf :(

Vista Ultimate 64bit

C2Q9550

8gigs Ram

Two 4870 in crossfire

going to fiddle with some settings and see if that helps :(

deleting my saves and updating to CAT9.6 seems to have solved it

Just wondering now after this patch, why did they make AA software controlled? its no different from having filtering on for performance hits..

AA used on my 4870 with it at fsaa=0 in cfg does nothing.. Hardware AA is key in relieving the stress off the cpu.

Hope this comes later again with more fixes, other than that thanks for staying up late and getting it out at least :)

As BIS has previously stated in this actual thread a few pages back, AA is not fully implemented and with settings above 0 which turn on AA in the CFG file only (Mot in the menu) this turns off shadows. As they said "Not fully implemented". So you can have AA on but you lose shadows for now.

Is it just me that can't get this to work? I still loose gear if i go for a swim..

inventory probably meant things like your compass or watch or binoc things like that... just speculate here... how was it before?

inventory probably meant things like your compass or watch or binoc things like that... just speculate here... how was it before?

Didn't BIS say that "AI" would not lose their gear? Not player.

Has anyone checked to see if Aircraft countermeasures have been implemented? I know it wasnt in teh change log but Im just hoping. Cant wait to DL it when I get off work.

I think one of the BIS guys mentions that was the noob detection kicking in. ;)

what do you mean ? my version is legit and i got this problem too with another pbo so i just ignored.

I have tested the AI drivers' response to the commands by the human commander and I am very pleasantly surprised!

BIS have definitely made major improvements in that area. I have noticed that the tracked vehicle control is almost perfect at this point - no more drunken AI drivers in human-controlled tanks and IFVs!

The wheeled vehicles have definitely been improved as well, but there the changes are less drastic; which is understandable given the larger turn radius for those vehicles.

The system could still use some fine-tuning, but on the overall - Big up to BIS for listening to the community and delivering the improvements in such a fast manner!

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

Just got off the =Sealz= server with 1.02, great boost to GFX, FPS, & AI.

I tested some AI on Veteran in the editor, and was really challenged. But for the first time while sniping, an RPG blew a chunk o' building off just in front of me. My cover blown, I had to retreat. Awesome! APC's are now death on wheels, or tracks. Not sure if one M136 will stop them or not. I nailed one and got a mobility kill, but the turret kept on going. Another time only the BTR-90's turret was taken out, and it RAN AWAY. Nice variety. Sounds, First Aid, ?even the water? have all been tweaked. AI taking cover positions in houses now? Was that luck or design? All in all, a very good patch BIS! Testing more tomorrow.

what do you mean ? my version is legit and i got this problem too with another pbo so i just ignored.

I was just kidding :P I have no idea.

i7 @ 3.8ghz

GTX 295

6GB DDR3 Ram

Fresh install of Windows 7

Most options set to normal, post processing off, no AA. 100% fill rate.

Yet the game still runs like complete and utter ass. I thought the blur effect was making me lag when turning, it appears not. I'd like to know why with some of the best PC gear money can currently buy I have to play it with some of the lowest details yet still suffer in performance.

Who do we blame, nVidia or BIS? It's such a great game and I just want to play it. It's such a shame.

i read the patch notes for this patch, i assume this isnt the patch that allows all versions to be played together?I.E. German version will be able to play with American players when the US version is out?

Forgot this one, and it deserves it's own post.. hell even thread.

THE AI DRIVING NOW ROCKS! I had 3 AI squads each 'get in nearest' ural, join into one, and had a single waypoint on a town half the map away, a lot of road changes, twists and turns.. It was like they were on rails! Perfect! Have another beer on me.. Just use Placebo's card..:D

Day and night, wonderful performance boost.

huh ?

Forgot this one, and it deserves it's own post.. hell even thread.

THE AI DRIVING NOW ROCKS! I had 3 AI squads each 'get in nearest' ural, join into one, and had a single waypoint on a town half the map away, a lot of road changes, twists and turns.. It was like they were on rails! Perfect! Have another beer on me.. Just use Placebo's card..:D

Yeh rocks... do the 2nd mission after laser designating the targets from the cliff. A Humvee comes along and repeatedly crashes into the back of a bus because it wants to stay on the road, and not go around the empty bus. Rocks.

Yeh rocks... do the 2nd mission after laser designating the targets from the cliff. A Humvee comes along and repeatedly crashes into the back of a bus because it wants to stay on the road, and not go around the empty bus. Rocks.

Mate stay out this thread and head over to trouble shooting thread to fix your system instead of whinging all the time.

Plenty of people including myself had issues with sli cards in arma2 all now fixed if you follow the instructions.

intel quad 9450

9800Gx2

4 gig ram

I'm getting 95 FPS looking down the runway on utes, 1900x1200, everything on veryh high, post process (off, hate it) AA off (not enabled anyway in this patch), fillrate 100%, anisotropic filter normal, view distance 3600m

You should be getting at least that, looking at the control tower on the runway I get a steady 70 fps, your 295 GTX should leave my card for dead.

Southy

Edited by Eble

changing fsaa from 0 doesnt do anything for me. the game looks the same and when i exit its defaulted back to 0 again. i tried setting it on read only but theres still no difference :(

I've tried all the shortcuts and exe renaming, moron. Pretty ridiculous a patch comes out today yet the methods people were trying last week still have to be implemented, yet only work for some people and not for others. Once again, the clue is out there, go find it.

They can't include every single fix in one patch, dude. This is only the third (second if you don't count the beta) patch BIS has released. Give it time, it'll eventually reach a point where the differences between known and then will be like day and night. Has done so with every other BIS game.

1.02 Patch installed - here goes:

- Post processing seem to be toned down a bit

- Did AI just get a bit dummier?

- Ambient civilians no longer scream when under fire (was a nice effect)

- Game Logic section is a mess in units (empty slots etc.)

Installed the patch 1.02

After a quick tour i'm very disappointed. Some issues....

1) No English language support (I bought German digital version)

2) No English manual

3) About AA:turning on it manually in config file (any setting), you cannot see any shadows in game

4) My 4870 x 2 still flashing in crossfire

5) No any appreciable performance boost

Cheers

This patch is not focused on performance, AA is not full supported now - reason why its not in game video options. Patch focusing on AI and campaign, multiplayer bugs, vis chanche log. Full AA suport is expected in 1.03.