Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

I second that EvilNate! Any way to change it from German to English after the patch?

Edited by monty67t

then have senior members of staff post on the forums?

Is that your way of saying I'm old? ;)

Few more mirrors:

ftp://arma-fr.net/patchs/ARMA2Patch_1_02.zip

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ag75afb/n/ARMA2Patch_1_02_zip

http://www.armedassault.info/download.php?cat=patches&id=16

Thanks to everyone who helped us out with mirroring :)

---------- Post added at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 ----------

I second that! Any way to change it from German to English after the patch?

Such discussions are not relevant to a 1.02 impressions thread, there are existing "language" threads such as: Change the Language in Arma 2?

Is that your way of saying I'm old? ;)

Would I lose my posting rights if I said yes? :p

Using Internet explorer takes me to the patch download site properly.

Thanks. It worked. :)

Regardless of the state of the game, in my short time being on these forums, I am very impressed with the response from ALL the BI folks. I saw posts from the CEO trying to help individuals when A2 was released. I have never seen that from ANY company, large or small. They get a Stephen T. Colbert "TIP OF MY HAT"!

I tried with AA turned off and still no sky, I didn't have this problem before 1.02, any idea ?

Just had to post to echo what has already been said, really appreciate you guys working so late to deliver this patch to us and also, it is a breath of fresh air when developers fix what the community points to, by the looks of the change log you have addressed almost all of these in this patch.

Again, thank you very much for your dedication and your community communication. :bounce3:

arf :(

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: arma2.exe

Application Version: 1.2.0.58064

Application Timestamp: 4a3c1d39

Fault Module Name: StackHash_1cee

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: 1cee

Additional Information 2: f404f046b52d888737efb84d128bb82f

Additional Information 3: b746

Additional Information 4: b0a38e9aba118d0dd028d07e25949ba1

Vista Ultimate 64bit

C2Q9550

8gigs Ram

Two 4870 in crossfire

going to fiddle with some settings and see if that helps :(

First, thanks for being like Creative Assembly and making great games that you basically have a monopoly of this kind of open world realistic FPS. 1 thing to note, EVERYONE check your chagelog. It states it is inadvisable to use an old save game state with the new patch. Can someone provide any stories as to what type of problems might occur? I hate to start a new campaign.

Edited by giantsfan24

Using the 1.02 patch.

So far - no issues (YAY). I wasn't having much trouble before but the lack of AA was annoying because the fillrate was too heavy a toll on my PC. Now with it and the removal of the HDR, I feel like I have it looking and running the way I want. My benchmark mission for testing is mission 3, since its a pretty good measure of performance. Can I max everything out? no, but that's fine. In a year or 2 I'll get something that can (which is right about the time the really good mods will be out).

BIS thanks for the dedication today / tonight. Keep it up please, we still have more to go.

I think you dont have to start new campaign... you only have to restart the mission... savegame here usually means the savegame during mission. not the campaign. thats how it was in ofp and arma anyway... dont know about arma2. still waiting from cdwow...

First, thanks for being like Creative Assembly and making great games that you basically have a monopoly of this kind of open world realistic FPS. 1 thing to not, EVERYONE check your chagelog. It states it is inadvisable to use an old save game state with the new patch. Can someone provide any stories as to what type of problems might occur? I hate to start a new campaign.

I believe it only means that it's inadvisable to load the saved games from the missions already in progress. Just restarting the mission you're on at the moment should suffice I think.

Ok patch installed and a quick testing reveals my game has went all pretty!

Putting in AA has made so much difference for me its amazing.

You don't need to start a new campaing, however, it's advised to start the last mission from the begining (use revert in the campaign screen or in the pause / revert menu in the mission) and not using loading games there.

Most likely by loading the old save game you can miss the fixes and improvements made to that particular mission but even more serious anomalies may arose.

First, thanks for being like Creative Assembly and making great games that you basically have a monopoly of this kind of open world realistic FPS. 1 thing to note, EVERYONE check your chagelog. It states it is inadvisable to use an old save game state with the new patch. Can someone provide any stories as to what type of problems might occur? I hate to start a new campaign.

I'm getting this when I try to install the patch and If I ignore it you get another error just like it. I tried to download the patch again from a different site and same thing.

patcherror.jpg

:mad:

You don't need to start a new campaing, however, it's advised to start the last mission from the begining (use revert in the campaign screen or in the pause / revert menu in the mission) and not using loading games there.

Most likely by loading the old save game you can miss the fixes and improvements made to that particular mission but even more serious anomalies may arose.

You are absolutely right. I forgot that ARMA 2 campaign is different than other types. Sorry to bother you with a non existant problem. I stand behind the praise though.

I tried with AA turned off and still no sky, I didn't have this problem before 1.02, any idea ?

Problem solved, has nothing to do with AA

I deleted documents/ArmA2Profile file and now my sky is back.

How come I cannot change the AA options? It's like a white box that wont drop down.

How come I cannot change the AA options? It's like a white box that wont drop down.

you have to change it in your .cfg but I wouldn't bother..when AA is enabled shadows are disabled :mad:

FSAA is not fully supported yet (that's why you can have some shadows problems ...), you cant tweak it in the options menu. You can get it worked by changing value in your ArmA2.cfg file. :)

FSAA=0; Disabled

FSAA=1; Low

FSAA=2; Medium

FSAA=3; High

FSAA will be completely supported in one of the futures patchs :)