Sign in to follow this  
Reapy

505GAMES - Apply final patch or not ?

I have just buy 505 ArmA2 version box and the game is in v1.01beta.

Do I must patch it with the final German patch or do I must wait for an european patch ?

-Reaper;1314877']I have just buy 505 ArmA2 version box and the game is in v1.01beta.

Do I must patch it with the final German patch or do I must wait for an european patch ?

You better wait for the official european patch, it should be released very very soon.

Yeah, better to wait. You can still play it as is so avoid downloading and installing two patches...

Plus nobody knows if

1) the game would even accept the german patch.

2) what could the patch screw up (making your version german, making it crash etc)

505 final game version..and 1.01 Beta? :confused: I'm confusing...

-Reaper;1314877']I have just buy 505 ArmA2 version box and the game is in v1.01beta.

they released the game with a beta patch? omg.

I did not expect that at all. I wonder if the steam version will come with the final when it's released not like that would matter though lol - could patch it manually...

BIS must be so busy! 1.01 EU patch, 1.02 patch + other fixes in future patches and a demo? ...phew!

Edited by _Cappa

You better wait for the official european patch, it should be released very very soon.

Okay thanks ! :)

I did not expect that at all. I wonder if the steam version will come with the final when it's released not like that would matter though lol - could patch it manually...

BIS must be so busy! 1.01 EU patch, 1.02 patch + other fixes in future patches and a demo? ...phew!

Steam will be shipping with Arma2_Alpha :D lol

The official release date is tomorrow. The next patch is still being worked on and so far we haven't even seen a 1.02 beta... I wouldn't expect the wonder patch to be here before the weekend, maybe sometime in a week or two so they get it right.

Plus the fact that this is only the EU release and most other countries don't get it till end of the month, so I really expect something nearer that time rather than now.

It makes sense that the 1.02 patch will not come sooner than next week, as the devs stated that making the demo is helping them isolate bugs for the 1.02 patch.

It doesn't matter really. You have devs that are in support mode - nothing is better than that!

1.02 will be released as soon as it's ready, you should only apply patches specifically released for your own version or clearly indicated it's compatible with your own specific version.

Hope that now answers the question :)