Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

BELOW is the release of 3 rifle, an updated version of the 4 rifle work I was doing.

STALKERGB's British 3 Rifle MTP Addon v1.0

Right well this is what some of you may have seen from the 4 Rifle thread, I felt that they needed a rename seeing as I've moved into ARMA 2 :)

Basically contains all the infantry you will need (hopefully). All units are using the new MTP the Brits employ but overall I guess they are geared towards a desert environment as there is still desert DPM here and there. That said they work pretty well on Chernarus.

Right well the main features are:

-New Mk7 helmet on all units.

-Created Osprey Assualt, applied to most units.

-Created Mk3 Osprey in Hybrid DPM, found on AT Rifleman and Medic.

-Introduced new multi terrain pattern to units

-MASSIVE reduction in sections. Most units have only 5. The older ones had like 20 up!

mtp4rts.jpg

Larger

4r_ats.jpg

Larger

mtp4rss.jpg

Larger

Link to 3 Rifle Release Thread

STALKERGB or Matt :)

Edited by STALKERGB
Even more info!

Wierdly, if i binarize the models it crashes the game when i try to use them, that may have been a config error that i just happened to sort the same time as i went back to the unbinarized versions but thought i would mention it.

Yes, I encountered the same problem.

@Alex.XP, well its nice to know its not me doing something horribly wrong, still its bloomin' annoying, maybe that will have to wait until tools come out for ARMA 2.

@Pathy, cheers, its pretty much just the three guys you see in the pic at the moment, the others still look like my current release version (minus alot of the pouches/webbing) but I will get there in the end.

Still cant figure out the problem caused by the new animations though :s

@the mighty 6 platoon, yeah had to put it in really, personally really like the rifle so it was a must for me.

I have decided to re-work my body armour as of last night, the main reason being (and anyone who has DL'ed my units will know) that the units weapon is generally inside the soldier model because of the "fat" BA they wear which doesn't look very nice, this is amplified in ARMA 2, so i'm going to do my best to thin it down to avoid this, I know it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way but it is something i want to do cause there have been too many times where i have used ICP/MODUL anims and half the gun was in the body making an ugly screenshot :)

I will also be creating completely new front and rear plate carriers for the osprey because i know that what i have at the moment isn't very good.

i cant wait! lets add some flavor to the game! i presume we will be seeing new weapons animations with this???? this is spectacular!

@blackhawkdown, the animations will be to ARMA 2 standards although most UK weapons will still be held the same way as ARMA 1, might add RIS to the SA80s and give them a front grip then i can use the mk48 animation too :)

Will post pictures of new osprey as soon as possible, the front plate has been done (no new texture yet) and will hopefully get round to the rear plate soon. Obviously gonna be playing ARMA 2 for a bit aswell.

:)

The problem i doubt i will be able to get round until modding tools come out is that when one of my units is holding a weapon that uses a new animation (like with the M24 being held properly) the arms on my guys go haywire. Hopefully looking at an example model from ARMA 2 would help me fix this but until then i don't know if there would be a way to fix this. Obviously the extra eye-candy ARMA 2 supports would be added when possible.

I'd image that this will be down to the ArmA 2 skeleton being slightly different in joint placement or that the models are rigged onto the skeletons differently (i.e the faces in arm selections are arranged differently). Like you said, we probably wont be able to to know for sure 'til we have some example models from BIS.

I hope they release them fairly soon; I'm dying to know how to set up weapons so that they use the inverse kinematics animation system for things like the SA80's grip-pod. :)

Anyway, nice work so far.

Ok below are the pics of the newest version of the Osprey Body armour I have been working on hope everyone thinks its an improvement, the main difference being the actual shape of the plate carrier, looks a bit more like the real thing now (although its a bit hard to tell from the pics). Anyway, suggestions and comments welcome :)

ospreynew3.jpg

ospreynew.jpg

ospreynew2.jpg

comments: oh my god... awesome, cant wait until its released

suggestions: keep up the excellent work

Just posting to show my interest and give you some encouragement!

I am also looking to get my units under their own faction catagory in BLUFOR, i managed (accidentally) to get them under "other" but since the units classes are based off the USMC in game they appear under that. So if anyone knows how that would be great (i will probably figure it in the end).

To get your units under their own fraction you have to add following code to your config:

class CfgFactionClasses {
class yourFraction {
	displayName = "fraction name";
	priority = 5; //??
	side = TWest;
};
};

and the Units must have:

class CfgVehicles {
class yourUnit...{
 fraction = yourFraction;
};
};

Greetings FiedelC

@FiedelC, thanks so much for that, will give that a go later and see what happens :)

@Fcn, thanks for the interest and encouragement, its always welcome!

@Delta Force, i am working on a gas mask at the moment, not for these guys but for some counter-terrorist guys i will hopefully get round to doing :)

@All, will get a update out as soon as i can, will properly UV map the osprey armour (mainly the sides of it) and work out the texture round the webbing for the body armour. Will have to re-do all the models to include the new Osprey i have made, that shouldn't take too long but i would have to adjust the straps for the webbing and rucksacks too.

while i'm at it i might just make proper PLCE too :)

Oh and also, this will all be in ARMA 1 as well, i am debating as to just include an ARMA 1 config file in the addon but i think it may end up being more complicated that way as the models will end up with extra definitions (in relation to the new anims in ARMA 2) so could get more messy than it already is :)

Edited by STALKERGB

hey its going great !! keep up the great work !

maybe next you can do some u.s. special forces operators??? (sorry had to try) ;D

is it only me or does the ArmA2 units have thin legs and arms?

i would like som "bigger" soldiers ;)

hello there,

Just to say, it'll be nice to have some Tommies in Arma2, love to see some 60s/70s squaddies in there too, but that's just me. :)

keep up the good work.

rgds

LoK

this looks great, hopefully the release wont be too long ;-)

Just want to add my support for what you making mate, can't actually wait till this is finished, would be a great addition to my squad! Just seen on the news though, the new style British Body Armour is coming out soon. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8115327.stm. Link there is from the BBC News website, showing off the new combat armor.

Good luck,

- #1 DetonatorUK

Looks so good mate, can't wait to use these!

Just want to add my support for what you making mate, can't actually wait till this is finished, would be a great addition to my squad! Just seen on the news though, the new style British Body Armour is coming out soon. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/8115327.stm. Link there is from the BBC News website, showing off the new combat armor.

Good luck,

- #1 DetonatorUK

The best part is that Osprey and this new Assault Osprey body armour is only an Intrim - so in a year or two you'll get to make another set!

The best part is that Osprey and this new Assault Osprey body armour is only an Intrim - so in a year or two you'll get to make another set!

Huzzah for procurement, any info on that one or have a few suits got to receive their cash bonus before it is even drawn up?