Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Stalker, just a heads-up - you're making the common mistake of cutting the rails on the RIS too deep. If you feel up to fixing them, some refs showing their proper cross-section:

rail_profile.gif

recoilgroove.gif

picatinny.jpg

The cuts only go halfway through the actual rail part, not all the way through.

I think you'd have to scour British armories nation wide to find an A1 (thank fuck), even my OTC had A2s with SUSAT.

Even the cadets have got rid of their A1s!!!

Even the cadets have got rid of their A1s!!!

Cadet rifles are still SA80A1s its just they've made them semi automatic now so decided to change to name from L98A1 to L98A2. Still the same rifle.

Cadet rifles are still SA80A1s its just they've made them semi automatic now so decided to change to name from L98A1 to L98A2. Still the same rifle.

No that's simply not true. The L98A2s are based on the L85A2 and not the A1. In the Army Cadet magazine, they stated that the rifle is identical to the L85A2 apart from the cadet rifle cannot fire automatically.

Here's a copy of the article:

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4318/l98a2.jpg

Really does it matter, i know some people want a realistic rifle, but this is getting abit too serious, it is only a game at the end of the day. And remember it is Stalker's free time, speaking from an Addon makers perspective near enough is sometimes good enough i have found in the past.

Will you be adding ironsights to the SA80's? Just that scopes arent all to great come FIBUA.

Hope all is well!

But neither is the iron sight Zeroed at 200m. That's what the battle sight is for and I think you'll find that's what the sticky up bit is on top of the ACOG and the SUSAT. Bearing in mind that scoped weapons have glass in them that can be damaged rendering the sight useless, so a back up is always given.

From the pictures I have; all the ACOGs fitted on the L85A2 all seem to have auxiliary sights mounted on top.

Edited by Prydain

Can't speak for all models of the ACOG as it seems to vary depending on which you have, but to the best of my knowledge the backups are an integral part of the SUSAT. Some of you British Army folks may be able to confirm or correct this (whichever's needed), but I was under the impression that the carry handle/ironsight unit is mostly used by units which aren't that likely to see combat.

You're correct, to an extent. The iron sight is typically issued to non-teeth arm units, however, as Lunatic will testify to, they get issued SUSATs on ops. Iron sights are also issued for jungle warfare.

As for the SUSAT, again, correct, it's got an in-built peep-hole Emergency Battle-Sight on the top of the optic itself.

Auxiliary sights using the ACE2 system would be mega.

i have been moving house recently and found some magazines and book i was given and some my camouflage magazines could be gr8 reference pics and info if u wanted but i need to uncover from their boxes fisrt so there will be a delay

Edited by dyson20

I cant wait for these to be finished. How are they going?

Slowly, I'm afraid, i'm getting there as fast as I can but its taking longer than I expected. Haven't had much time to sit down and work on them recently but I'm soldiering on...

@dyson20, Those reference pics would be great :)

Hey Stalker! Just wondering if you had an update for us? I'm very eager to find out how your getting on!

Schancky :)

Ahh yer almost forgot about this......Almost :) Hope things are progressing well with the units and all.

Im slightly confused after reading a few threads..

As im sure this has been asked before. The weapons from your pictures, Are they you're own work or are they part of the UKF addons?

Im slightly confused after reading a few threads..

As im sure this has been asked before. The weapons from your pictures, Are they you're own work or are they part of the UKF addons?

They are the work of a BF2 mod called Project Reality. Stalker had ported them to ArmaII. PUKF released their own seperate weapon pack.

Unfortunately, due to very testing real life issues at the moment (pending bereavement), I have not been able to make much or any progress with these units. I am really not feeling in the right frame of mind to seriously sit down and get on with some proper work on my units. This does not mean I will stop working on them, just that I will be going slower than usual. I apologise as I know there are alot of people wanting these.

When there is any update worthy news I will post it.

Matt

Sorry to hear that boss, take's as long as it takes, and work on it when you want. Hope all works itself out.

Regards Jeza

Sorry to hear that boss, take's as long as it takes, and work on it when you want. Hope all works itself out.

Ditto, Take it easy mate.

I think we should let Stalker get on with his personal life first, when he has something to tell us, i'm sure he will inform us.

All the best!

Happy bday Matt! Hope all is going well in RL and with the mod fella.