Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Yeah I'm affraid its still "when its done its done" just because every time I sit down to work I find more things I still need to do. On top of that I have been playing Borderlands alot too recently :)

Personally I would love to get a release out soon because then I can take a break from it all so I'm going as fast as I can :)

You dont have to explain Fella,u take as long as you need,cracking stuff you are doing

Cheers for the kind words everyone :)

Just a quick question for those in the know,

Is the Land Rover Snatch based on the 110 chassis? or the 90?

I know wiki says its the 110 but i dont trust it too much :)

Cheers

Cheers for the kind words everyone :)

Just a quick question for those in the know,

Is the Land Rover Snatch based on the 110 chassis? or the 90?

I know wiki says its the 110 but i dont trust it too much :)

Cheers

I'd trust wikipedia and go for the 110 ;)

I'd trust wikipedia and go for the 110 ;)

Yeah, thought it probably was the 110, and to be fair to wikipedia you could say its the most peer reviewed site there is so should be correct :)

Edited by STALKERGB
Apparently cant type...

It has a 110 inch wheelbase but they chassis differs a great deal from the Old Defender GS 110 and vanilla Wolf TUM chassis: they're strengthened similar to the WMIK chassis now.

You wont see very many Wolf TUL, or 90 GS vehicles outside of the UK or our overseas garrisons because their max payload is crap.

It has a 110 inch wheelbase but they chassis differs a great deal from the Old Defender GS 110 and vanilla Wolf TUM chassis: they're strengthened similar to the WMIK chassis now.

You wont see very many Wolf TUL, or 90 GS vehicles outside of the UK or our overseas garrisons because their max payload is crap.

Cheers for that, with the snatch, i take it there is no mounted weapon, just a firing port out the top for a guy and his gpmg or do they have fixed weapons on some versions?

just the ports as far as i'm aware, does this mean you're working on landies? :D

just the ports as far as i'm aware, does this mean you're working on landies? :D

Maybe :) WMIKs were already in the works but personally I like the Snatch so I wanted to do one :)

Cheers for that, with the snatch, i take it there is no mounted weapon, just a firing port out the top for a guy and his gpmg or do they have fixed weapons on some versions?

No pintle mounts, just shouldered weapons for top cover: SA80, LSW, UGL LMG etc.

Vector had pintle mounts, but that was big enough that you could use a GPMG from it.

No pintle mounts, just shouldered weapons for top cover: SA80, LSW, UGL LMG etc.

Vector had pintle mounts, but that was big enough that you could use a GPMG from it.

What do you think would be best for arming a snatch in ARMA with that in mind? Would it be possible (or best) to have an LMG/SA80 (although i suppose it would be hanging in the air most of the time)?

Or could you have one anim for when the position isnt manned and another for when there is someone on top cover?

Or at the end of the day, a made up mount for an LMG could always be done I suppose.

Is it possible to do this:

- Only allow entry to gunner position if you have an LMG, SA80 or other small arm. (I am not referring to You've Been Framed presenters)

- have the 'turret' rotating so that whatever way the gunner is facing on his screen, he also is in the top of the landie.

- Have the gunner looking through his rifle sights facing in that direction using an animation

- an invisible weapon in the turret that fires 5.56 in either 30 or 200 round magazines (the most tricky bit I expect)

So to all intents and purposes it looks like the bloke is facing a target and shooting it, but actually it is an invisible weapon on top of the vehicle.

There have been a few "shoot from vehicles" scripts over the years - perhaps don't give the Snatch a gun at all and have a script execute that allows the 'gunner' to stand, rotate and shoot but not move? Could be a more proven method. Again include a 'Rifle to LMG' only limit if possible.

If there aren't any solid methods available for ArmA2 then disregard, haven't looked.

Daniel;1485304']There have been a few "shoot from vehicles" scripts over the years - perhaps don't give the Snatch a gun at all and have a script execute that allows the 'gunner' to stand' date=' rotate and shoot but not move? Could be a more proven method. Again include a 'Rifle to LMG' only limit if possible.

If there aren't any solid methods available for ArmA2 then disregard, haven't looked.[/quote']

I was wondering if you could have it so there was an LMG resting ontop that when the gunner enters the position would function like a normal turret, i know its not a perfect solution and could look strange when just ontop but i'll see.

Or is it possible to have the gunner RTM to include the weapon he is carrying and have that function like a turret?

EDIT: could there be some use of the attatch to command?

EDIT: could there be some use of the attatch to command?

Those are the lines I was thinking along. I'll have a rummage around for an existing demo.

Daniel;1485315']Those are the lines I was thinking along. I'll have a rummage around for an existing demo.

Awesome, I'll have a look into it too, not great with script but I'm sure I'll learn :) maybe...

Hello all,

Just an update (and to get the posts off 666) have been doing the body for a Snatch, still a long way to go before its presentable, work on the infantry and weapons has also been going well, still a bit to do though.

Unfortunately I dont have much time at the moment to do any work because I seemingly spend all day on the phone to my bank trying to sort out a bloody fraud claim, they refuse to refund me the money I lost the bloody (Insert rude word of choice).

Just an update (and to get the posts off 666) have been doing the body for a Snatch, still a long way to go before its presentable, work on the infantry and weapons has also been going well, still a bit to do though.

Looking forward to it stalker!

Unfortunately I dont have much time at the moment to do any work because I seemingly spend all day on the phone to my bank trying to sort out a bloody fraud claim, they refuse to refund me the money I lost

Damn :( hope it all goes ok!

sweet love good old landrovers :D

snatch is just a up armoured one,right?

sweet love good old landrovers :D

snatch is just a up armoured one,right?

It has a heavy chassis, there is an up armoured version of the snatch now (i think) the vixen?

Thats the work so far...

EDIT: I know its not very accurate but as a snatch like vehicle its looking pretty good (i hope/think)

snatch.jpg

Edited by STALKERGB

With the Snatch [c.a.v. V8] are you gonna script the break downs and stalls, when you go under a bridge???, and the push starts and the tow pulls to get the thing going again???

just out of personal experiance thats all.

great work anyway mate.