Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

I just saw the L85 with the rail platform, it looks fooking mega.

I presume you won't be editing it from now?

Well its still open to editing if need be, were you gonna suggest something?

And anyway, I need to make normal maps and so on for it...

Well its still open to editing if need be, were you gonna suggest something?

And anyway, I need to make normal maps and so on for it...

Just the top of the forward pistol grip. The hosting block, if I can call it that, needs to be larger and a bit more rounded where the handle and the block come together.

The arma 2 mod scene seems to really be getting going now!

When these troops come out and then ACE its going to be freaking awesome.

These units are the biz!!

Stalker, mate glad you're putting out your work again fella..it's class as usual!

I've started doing stuff again, after finishing my Bravo Two Zero SAS units I had massive break, but am now working on UK Special Forces stuff from Afghan/Pakistan i.e. worn DPMs, Beards, backpacks etc.

Would this bergen be of any use to you with your release? I have a grey texture for it only at the moment and the pouches on the rear need re-UVmapping ideally to the bergen texture and texturing properly

armabergen3.th.jpg

armabergen1.th.jpg

armabergen2.th.jpg

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6449/sa80risnotes.jpg

Hi Stalker, just a few quick points to note from me regarding your excellent rail system:

1. There is a recess in the handguard part to tuck pressure pads for lights/lasers into, the union flag is set into this. (Might make your poly count too high if you integrate this, however).

2. There needs to be a hole for the retaining screw that holds in the sling swivel on the other side just below the foresight mount - this picture shows location more clearly:

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z271/challengerone/DSC09845.jpg

3. The front of the rail system needs to have the corner rounded off - this is common with most weapons systems as it stops things getting caught on cam-netting etc.

One point regarding the SA80 magazine - the new HKA2 mag grooves go all the way to the bottom of the mag (the Radway Green mags stopped where yours do - just check the reference photo - you can see in the background).

That's it from me, can't comment on the front-pistol grip as I've never had one without a light unit on it, there are a number of different grip systems out there, and the issue one probably changes on a tri-monthly basis so might as well just go with what makes most sense/looks best.

Aside from that, it's looking great.

Please please PM me when you decide to start modelling your CRW (counter terrorist) SAS units as I've got a contact with all the lovely black-kit for reference, I'll get some photos for you.

All the best!

-Dave

Edited by Rellikki
Posted images > 100kb

you know, these have been in the works forever, CAN'T WE GET A RELEASE YET?!?!?!?

I imagine its people like you that make modders snappy when they talk about release dates. To use the usual response, it will be done when its done. Don't try and rush people. Remember its their time and effort that they have to put into it, and its a hobby there is no actual material profit in it for them. Just be patient.

Poacher, might want to resize those images oppo!

Matt, great work on the IW mate, coming along nicely, however, check those phots Poacher posted and take a look at your own barrel & flash eliminator, you should see a few slight differences. Despite that, top work with the units. If you need any more phots of kit like the assault pack etc, let me know & I'll see what I can do.

you know, these have been in the works forever, CAN'T WE GET A RELEASE YET?!?!?!?

Instead of spamming this thread, why not go and do something else more productive?

The addons will be ready when Stalker is happy, not before.

It's not been "forever", and Stalker can take as long as he damn well pleases as he's using his free time and talents to provide the community with the utmost best--and even then always managing to surpass that.

Furthermore, if you truly understood what he's been going through in real life away from the community and mere games, you'd learn when to zip your frikken lip and let the man do things however he feels as necessary. Stalker actually listens to the feedback given and uses it, instead of being an arrogant addon maker that doesn't give a rats @$$ about feedback at all--"You get what you get and either like it or shut it."

It's bad enough the project has been at times stressful, then to have people criticize him for not releasing on your little time scale. :icon_slap:

too right betsalel

if you want a L85 and brit units do it yourself! i wanted desert irish,stalker was busy,so i did em

dont get angry at the guys making em for having good reasons not too to release when theyre not lifes first piority

Normally, I'd be surprised that someone has the audacity to ask things like this, but looking back through your post history... :rolleyes:

With 3 active infraction points I would be very careful with spamming the forums. You might be on a 3 month vacation real quick.

Consider yourself warned.

@All, will be taking the RIS suggestions into account, to be honest I hadnt noticed the curved edge at the front so will work on that as well as a few other things. In terms of the mags if I feel up to changing them I will but at the moment its not a top priority (would have to change the texture too).

And yes, they will be released when they are released.

I have no intention of releasing something I am not happy with, I made that mistake with alot of my ARMA1 stuff and it doesnt feel great. If it means it takes longer then thats what will happen. I just rather people know what I'm up to (hence this thread) rather than leave them wondering if I'm even working on stuff for ARMA2.

Edited by STALKERGB
Should really be able to spell :(

As someone pointed out before (and sorry to bang on the same drum). Stalker is putting his free time to create a free addon for us. On top of this he has to put with people like me pming him with tool questions and having been on the other side of that the last thing he needs is people demanding he release his work. To be quite honest if he wants something to be perfect before release then more credit to him. He has shown amazing tact and devotion to detail just by accepting and constantly changing his models when new information comes to light. I've known lesser people snap and go off at the communities that are trying to help them by pointing out innacuracies etc and the fact that he hasn't shows both the his maturity and the fact that this community is mature in itself. Then you always get one or two people with no idea as to the time and effort these projects take come in here and make some stupid comment.

Anyway i know i'm new around these parts so rant over and i feel like i've blown enough sunshine up stalker's backside for the work he's done lol. Anyway keep it up mate and to everyone else sorry for the rant just has to say my bit.

Been round five month's work so far, bit here bit there, who cares how long it takes, take another five month's if you like, will get there in the end, plenty of other mods out there to be getting on with, i'm not too bothered personally release or don't release, quality takes time. Waiting is just waiting, as far as blowing sunshine up stalkers arse, he must be like haleys comet by now, lots of people here apreciate the work mate, just shine on and take another few months if you like, sure will be worth waiting for, thanks.

Been round five month's work so far, bit here bit there, who cares how long it takes, take another five month's if you like, will get there in the end, plenty of other mods out there to be getting on with, i'm not too bothered personally release or don't release, quality takes time. Waiting is just waiting, as far as blowing sunshine up stalkers arse, he must be like haleys comet by now, lots of people here apreciate the work mate, just shine on and take another few months if you like, sure will be worth waiting for, thanks.

i second on every word :) Keep up the good job Matt

vvBahwaK9W8

Am picturing how epic this op would have looked with proper British units as well as the guns. :yay:

But of course one day that epicness will come. But no rush. Nobody wants to see modders burned out.

Just had a flick through of your work and fair play you have really good skills.

When the final product is released are the soldiers going to have faded webbing pouches, bergens etc... and will the clothing be faded? also are you going to remove the knee pads and gloves from them?

I had a quick question that may have already been answered...are you planning to model the Mk.6 or Mk.7 (new version) british helmet. To be honest when covered i'm not sure how much difference there is and im not sure how widespread the distribution of the new helmets is yet. Just curious.

I had a quick question that may have already been answered...are you planning to model the Mk.6 or Mk.7 (new version) british helmet. To be honest when covered i'm not sure how much difference there is and im not sure how widespread the distribution of the new helmets is yet. Just curious.

I hope it's the mark 6, I don't know why but I just LOVE that helmet, It's definitely more aesthetically pleasing to me. But from the looks at the screens stalker has provided it seems he's sticking with the Mark 6, good move ;)

oops sorry apparently this was mentioned before my bad

Edited by Aeneas2020
Post removed because apparently it had been mentioned previously...didn't notice it before sorry!