Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

desertdpm02.jpg

Just a quick point about the rifle in this picture.

The SA80 butt has grooves to prevent it slipping from the shoulder in it and two retaining screws:

11869Star_long_shot_butt_red.jpg

ML-06.jpg

Units look uber-cool!

Edited by poacher

Holly cow, that looks fantastic Stalker! Good work! I have that very excited feeling...low down like.... :yay:

thats some tope notch looking stuff there Stalker. keep up the great work !!

These units look great....really looking forward to using them....especially the desert models

Now if some will only make a decent desert map (with towns!!) we'll be good to go.

Keep up the excellent work Stalker!!!

You gonna do a modern A2 aswell?

Would look like this:

DSC04272.jpg

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04273.jpg

Rail by Daniel Defence

Rheinmetall LLM01

TA34 ACOG with docter sight on a (i think) jpoint mount.

surefire 4 prong flashhider.

Leave stalks to go his own way, he is working on the charachter models first not the weapons, and they are coming along swimmingly.

Yeah I will get round to doing some SA80's with ACOGs on them, at the moment because they aren't standard issue they aren't a massive priority and the RIS version I already have doesnt look very good so i'll be redoing that aswell.

The re-done RIS will be before release of anything but the ACOG may be after.

In terms of an update on the units, I have almost finished ALL the temperate unit models (will be cutting about 4 out from the previous release, maybe more), the desert models i have done about 7 of, which is over half way if i cut the same models from the desert pack as I have the temperate.

With the desert units, I'm really not that happy with the way they look at the moment, to me they just look wrong and I don't know what it is but I will release the damn things before I decide to remodel them all so dont worry.

EDIT: Oh and also, whoever it was who asked if I was gonna do a mix of temperate AND desert the chances are I will at some point, although I don't know when (until I do there is always Stemack's port of my RMC). Although there are a couple of mixes in the 4 rifle desert DPM like the medic who has temperate helmet, PLCE and daysack. (the last two are ALWAYS in temperate on my units, just dusted up like in the pic).

Also I was wondering, what do people think is better for the faction name. At the moment I have it as British Army which is all well and good until I get round to doing my RMC or anything else not related to the army.

So would British Forces be better?

Or seperate it out into British Army, British Navy etc?

Edited by STALKERGB

Guest RKSL-Rock

Also I was wondering, what do people think is better for the faction name. At the moment I have it as British Army which is all well and good until I get round to doing my RMC or anything else not related to the army.

May i suggest:

class CfgFactionClasses
{
class UK_ARMED_FORCES
{
 displayName = "UK Armed Forces";
 priority = 8;
 side = 1;
};
};
class CfgVehicleClasses
{
class <TAG>_Army_Units
{
	displayName = "Army Men (<TAG>)";
};
class <TAG>_UK_WHEELED
{
	displayName = "Army Wheeled (<TAG>)";
};
class <TAG>_UK_TRACKED
{
	displayName = "Army Tracked (<TAG>)";
};		
class <TAG>_RAF_Air
{
	displayName = "Royal Air Force (<TAG>)";
};
};

It will fall inline with all the UKF and RKSL stuff thats coming out soon.

Edited by RKSL-Rock

I agree with Rock, then again its hard not to.

Just a quick question will the SAS units be released after or at the same time as the main riflemen?

Agree with Rock too :)

It will fall inline with all the UKF and RKSL stuff thats coming out soon.

:yay:

In terms of an update on the units, I have almost finished ALL the temperate unit models...

Excellent news! :)

I agree with Rock, then again its hard not to.

Just a quick question will the SAS units be released after or at the same time as the main riflemen?

Will probably be ages before I get round to anything other than the $ rifle addon which is nearing completion :)

RKSL-Rock, the way you have it set up looks good to me, annoyingly I'll have to see if Project Reality are happy doing it like that but seeing as they don't know much about ARMA i'm sure they will agree.

Some smashing work, really top notch. I think we shall be looking at using these bad boys as standard on our server.....If only ACE would incorporate them....;)

Some smashing work, really top notch. I think we shall be looking at using these bad boys as standard on our server.....If only ACE would incorporate them....;)

From what i've been told there will be full documentation for ACE 2 to let the modders able to make their own stuff fully compatible :bounce3: we just need to wait a bit for that

Will probably be ages before I get round to anything other than the $ rifle addon which is nearing completion :)

RKSL-Rock, the way you have it set up looks good to me, annoyingly I'll have to see if Project Reality are happy doing it like that but seeing as they don't know much about ARMA i'm sure they will agree.

If they'd have any complains, try explaining to them that modders are trying to hold on to some community standards in ArmA2 :)

Ok sounds good. Can't wait for the 4 Rifle addon anyway.

In terms of an update on the units, I have almost finished ALL the temperate unit models (will be cutting about 4 out from the previous release, maybe more), the desert models i have done about 7 of, which is over half way if i cut the same models from the desert pack as I have the temperate.

Good to hear boss, thanks for the effort, all waiting in anticipation :)

First off great mod, Loved your Arma 1 mod. Cant wait to see them with all the great features of arma 2.

Why don't you name them after a particular regiment i.e. The Rifle's

One thing that i might say is if you go down the route of naming them after a Regiment, i would suggest adding the tactical recognition flash along with the nation flag (if this is included lol if not, i suggest it).

1TRF%20Rifles.jpg

Well, he's already got them down as 4 Rifles. But i'd rather have the option for no TRF so Brit squads can use them as generic UK forces. Unless you go down the scripted OFP UKF route...

Lookin' good m8 as always. Glad to see progress going strong. ;)

First off great mod, Loved your Arma 1 mod. Cant wait to see them with all the great features of arma 2.

Why don't you name them after a particular regiment i.e. The Rifle's

One thing that i might say is if you go down the route of naming them after a Regiment, i would suggest adding the tactical recognition flash along with the nation flag (if this is included lol if not, i suggest it).

Yeah at the moment they are named as 4 Rifle (4th Battalion the Rifles - is that the full name?) anyway, the name is basically something for the editor, I'd rather keep them quite generic so that (as CAS_Daniel said) squads can use them as whatever they would like to imagine they are.

Also I'm bound to get the wrong badges if I based it on a particular unit :)

Ok now we are gonna play spot the massively obvious difference, well you are. I was up till 3am last night doing this so you better be happy or else I'll get you! :)

Basically got round to re-doing the RIS rail on the SA80, could really have done with some better reference pictures as google/flickr etc are a bit thin on any good side on images of both sides. I know its not exactly right but personally I think its a heck of a lot better than what I had.

Old rubbish!

sa80risrail.jpg

New Brilliance.. maybe. I cannot believe how long it took to do those holes! Obviously its not all textures yet but I might get round to doing that today. All comments welcome!

newsa80ris.jpg

Also, I have redone the texturing on the Osprey armour, just round the edges. Might post a comparison pic of that aswell just to see if people prefer it.

Nice rail Stalker, this mod just keeps getting better and better.

As for the SAS units, will they all be wearing the standard combat helmet or will there be some wearing different types of headdress or just no hats for some?

Nice rail Stalker, this mod just keeps getting better and better.

As for the SAS units, will they all be wearing the standard combat helmet or will there be some wearing different types of headdress or just no hats for some?

Dunno yet matey, when i get ound to it there will probably be both :)

Oh and would you believe, the old RIS on the SA80 was a reshaped M4 RIS :)

Edited by STALKERGB