Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Heya, unfortunately not, really have no idea what is causing it, have tried everything so far, might go back to the A1 heads if i cant find a fix soon.

Heya, unfortunately not, really have no idea what is causing it, have tried everything so far, might go back to the A1 heads if i cant find a fix soon.

PM abt the heads..

ok, my Inbox has just flooded w/ emails telling me about this, so i'm gonna remove it from my subscriptions list now...

And this contributes to the thread how?

On topic, I really can't wait to see that Chally ingame, it'd make a nice change from an Abrams. :)

Looking forward to this very much, you are the single UK forces modder now!

Try sneaking something out of Binkowski. If I remember, he switched his ArmA 2 Army units from ArmA 1 heads to ArmA 2 heads. Maybe you can interrogate him?

Units seem to be coming along really nicely, I cant believe you do all this work by yourself!!

Would be really nice to see rank tags and bergens though

Units seem to be coming along really nicely, I cant believe you do all this work by yourself!!

Would be really nice to see rank tags and bergens though

Bergens might look good but obviously you would remove the thing in combat so its a bit impractical modelling it onto the units, I have already made a rank slide just its hard to see on my units cause its pretty small.

I have made some rucksacks though so dont worry, they are NI Patrol pack esqe but not really based on anything as i havent felt up to getting stuck in and modelling something from scratch.

Bergens would be useful when considering that Arrowhead is going to have some form of backpacks system when released

I've always liked the idea of the Bergen being used instead of MHQ's in long trek coop games.

So when your approaching your objective your group down Bergens at the Layup position and it becomes a sort of limited spawn point. Tried to do it with the 'pile of backpacks' object but my scripting wasn't quite up to task.

Just a misc. thought.

E

I think the only time Ive used bergens in a bi game was for blackbloods SAS for OFP which were great but mainly for long range desert missions but even so it was DAMN COOL :):p

I dont seem to be enjoying Arma 2 in the same way I didnt enjoy Arma as there was a lack of mods that made you want to put a lot of time into the mission editor.

But as in Arma 1 when these units are released I think all that will change :bounce3::yay:

Excellent Work !!!

I agree. I stopped playing ArmA for a while and only got into it when some decent Brit army addons came out.

Yeah I like the bergen as a base idea, as you said, thats tons of scripting :)

One of the other reasons I haven't done bergens is because it would mean you guys would have to wait even longer till a release, and until I get to see how the backpack system functions in Op:A i'm probably gonna leave them out. Might make some pathfinders one day with them...

Sorry to say but I'm utterly bored of doing my Brit units, well the temperate ones anyway, I've made a very small amount of progress on the desert camo guys but i'm mainly doing them cause i'm sick of the sight of my temperate units. So there is progress but it probably doesn't get things any nearer a release.

Will keep people up to date on things...

Change the colours of the DPM to Pink and Purple! That'll stop you being bored, then you can switch them back to normal DPM for release!

Change the colours of the DPM to Pink and Purple! That'll stop you being bored, then you can switch them back to normal DPM for release!

Or just keep them pink forever. It would please me, at least...

Might make some pathfinders one day with them...

I think my unit would be eternaly greatfull :) . Hope the project is going well either way, good luck.

You units are lookin brill stalker! looking forward to the releases! just wondering if you have any vehicals in development aswel? :P

You units are lookin brill stalker! looking forward to the releases! just wondering if you have any vehicals in development aswel? :P

Most vehicles are just being played around with atm, although the CR2 has some decent functionality (smoke screen, nice anim for when gun is fire - barrel turns up slightly).

Anyway,

CR2,

WMIKs,

Scimitar,

Warrior,

Um... some other things maybe... :)

erm.. WMIKs... are they landrover wmik or jackal wmik? I'm not british, but I saw ross kemp in a'stan he refered to a wmik which is a landrover. then in last episode of ross kemp return to a'stan there's this new wmik which is the jackal

either way. would love to have them for my mission... been using US humvees and LAV's right now, really need a british gear.

all the best stalkergb

Guest RKSL-Rock
erm.. WMIKs... are they landrover wmik or jackal wmik? I'm not british, but I saw ross kemp in a'stan he refered to a wmik which is a landrover. then in last episode of ross kemp return to a'stan there's this new wmik which is the jackal

Landrovers = WMIK

Jackal = MWMIK (Mobility Weapon-Mounted Installation Kit)

Hello everyone, just a quick question...

In Afghanistan/Iraq, were the daysacks and beltkits used in temperate DPM and just got really dirty/dusty like in the pics below, or is it a different version of the DPM pattern?

Beltkit

Daysack