Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Sappers don't use iron sights any more, all Brits on ops use SUSAT.

I know, its just i don't see the point in me making iron sight variants without giving them to some of my units, essentially the medic and sapper/engineer will carry an iron sight varient of the L85A2. Mainly because it forces roles upon the player so (for example) as a medic your job would be to heal/tend to peoples wounds rather than primarily engage the enemy forces.

@Warid8880, yeah the bolts work, trying to get the to lock back when the clip is empty but no luck yet, dunno if anyone else knows a way to do this?

@Redders, will do mate, just using the same beltkit as with all the other units atm, will change things up a bit soon, is there a reason for wanting them moved back?

EDIT: All the writing on the forum has gone really small, how can i change that?

Edited by STALKERGB

@Redders, will do mate, just using the same beltkit as with all the other units atm, will change things up a bit soon, is there a reason for wanting them moved back?

Having pooches too far round the front makes it awkward to access them when you're on your belt-buckle and can be uncomfortable, so everyone is taught to keep the front pooches on their hips, rather than round towards their stomach (obviously this isn't the case with chest rigs, ops vests etc.)

Give me a yell if you need anymore phots mate.

EDIT: All the writing on the forum has gone really small, how can i change that?

Ctrl + 0.

Beautiful units, I look forward to the release :)

Ctrl + + key.

Alternately, try Ctrl + middle mouse button.

:D

Abs

Cheers mate, will make sure they aren't too far round :) do you think there is anything else i should model in terms of vests or rigs, i've already done the beltkit and assault vest but is there any other i should do?

EDIT: Yeah just did control and middle mouse, no more eye strain!

http://www.eliteukforces.info/images/24-commando-regiment.jpg although the numpty has his trf on the wrong arm you can see his Susat.

Might be because the 3 Cdo Bde flash is worn on the right sleeve, where regiment/corps TRFs usually are. 'Army Commando' shoulder titles and a Commando dagger arm badge seems a bit much though...

Matt, if you're looking for more load carrying kit to model for variety you might want to consider a chest rig (fairly common for blokes operating vehicles) or some different types of assault vests besides the new modular one. A 40mm grenade bandoleer might also interest you if you have a bloke equipped with the L123 UGL.

Personally I reckon the belt-kit and assault vest you've already done are sufficient though.

Looking fantastic as usual--there's nothing more to add as much of what I was thinking and hoping to say in praise has already been said by pretty much everyone. As I've said a few times mate, from the moment my eye saw your stuff up till now, I've never been once disappointed in the slightest, but always impressed by your talent and commitment of doing the best of your abilities and even then surpassing even that.

Keep it up at this rate, and I'll have no other choice but to tell the mime his services are no longer needed...a shame really, as I've had such high hopes for the future. <sigh>

:P

Seriously though, your skills kick more ass than Bruce Lee my friend. Keep it up, we're all behind you 100%. :D

@Betsalel, no don't tell the mime that! He's always gonna be needed! :)

Felt like making a VERY short little clip...

OTlxYfZeqk8

Nice, liked the way you got him to move... :)

Wondering if we will be getting any screenshots of the 1st peron view of any of the rifles :),

i can't wait to get my hands on them... thanks loads for all your work stalker :)

ps did you get the bolt to remain back when the mags empty??? ? im very happy they are going to be animated :D

Nice, liked the way you got him to move... :)

Wondering if we will be getting any screenshots of the 1st peron view of any of the rifles :),

i can't wait to get my hands on them... thanks loads for all your work stalker :)

ps did you get the bolt to remain back when the mags empty??? ? im very happy they are going to be animated :D

Yeah i can post a few 1st person shots for you, theres not much to see though, with the rifle being bullpup you dont really see much in 1st person view :)

Nah still need to sort the bolts out, if anyone knows how to get them to lock back that would be brilliant!

Could you perhaps get pictures of each of your men next to their standard Arma2 USMC equivalents please mate?

Could you perhaps get pictures of each of your men next to their standard Arma2 USMC equivalents please mate?

Yes indeed that would be good! Are any of these soldiers going to have bergens on their backs, or am I just being stupid?

That'd be fairly chad. Unless it was a launcher-class thing you could ditch. Even then it'd be fairly pointless. Doing anything other than yomping with a bergen isn't really viable. Unless you meant daysacks, in which case I wouldn't mind seeing a few units with daysacks myself.

Edited by Redders

Bergens aren't sexy - that's a lesson to be learned early and often. Your bergen is your bedroom, kitchen, wardrobe and storage loft.

It does wonderful things when you get a second to brew up, or kip down or even just rub an alcohol wipe over your face (anyone who's ever been devoured by biting midges will know this sublime pleasure).

But you don't wear it in contact, most large loadbearing packs are now designed specifically to fit a daysack under the top flap. So if the worst happens and you get hit up while wearing your trundlebag you drop it, grab your daybag and carry on.

For that reason it doesn't really make sense for ArmA2 units to carry their main packs unless you plan on lots of character building walking from A to B in your missions.

Edited by Uncle Imshi
shocking grammar

Bergans would be too much of a reminder of those bad times at Sennybridge. Partol sacks fine but bergans...our survey says X X X

yeah i'm modelling a daysack atm :)

will get some pics up later...

Bergans would be too much of a reminder of those bad times at Sennybridge. Partol sacks fine but bergans...our survey says X X X

Good'ol Sennybridge, what a sh** hole :) and yea daysacks maybe a future release of bergans but should just concentrate on something small and adiquate for the time being.

Continued,

ENGINEER

engineers.jpg

Bigger

1st Person View that was requested, like I said there isnt a huge amount to be seen...

firstview.jpg

Still dunno how to get the bolt to lock back... Do excuse the Ladyhawke in the background :)

Video of working bolt

Edited by STALKERGB

Excellent! They're really shaping up now, you've certainly nailed the DPM since ArmA. It'd be great to see some more variants like the Rifleman without the kneepads too.