Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

WIP British 4 Rifle Soldiers

Stalkergb they are really looking the bogs dollocks mate:)

The only niggly things for me is the rolled sleeves are a little low, personally I'd have them in the crook of the elbow or all the way down and maybe a bit more bulk on the chest/back area to suggest the osprey vest is underneath the smock.

And a really anal one. On the turned up sleeves the lighter side would be a bit more olive green. The older pattern stuff was almost white inside and later patterns (90 pattern I think) started to dye them more olive green.

But hey who am I to pick faults in such excellent work. I can't wait too use these bad boys ingame:)

Your doing PLCE beltkit I see. how about ones with chestrigs and assault vests? maybe rifleman (chestrig). rifleman (assaultvest) and not every other troop type if you get my drift.

And without tinbins, maybe with bushat or beret? for those less aggresive posture patrols.

OK I'll stop now I could probably go on for hours with wants hehe.

Keep up the great work mate :couch:

Oh and i haven't gotten rid of the Osprey Body Armour, it will just be on the desert units after some suggestions by a couple of people.

So there will be also desert units ??? :eek: Well, I know that desert camo is not very useful in Chernarus, but I would LOVE to have also units with desert camo....thanks STALKERGB. :) :yay:

Stalker, you know I'm definitely a huge fan of your work. I'm really loving these shots for sure. As far as desert goes, I'd be shocked if no one created or ported over some desert maps for us to play on in time...so its nice to hear you're ahead of the game there. :)

Keep up the wicked job! :D

Cheers for all the nice comments guys.

@Redders, PM recieved, thanks :)

@Whiskey Tango, I can quickly sort out the more green inside to the smock, and the thing with the sleeves is more just based on how i used to roll mine up when i was in the army cadets (ages ago now :) ). I was definately gonna do an assault vest as well as the belt kit and there wil definately be bushats and if there is time berets too.

@Pauliesss, i had a quick test of my current desert units and they blended in fine on chernarus... sort of... :)

The desert units will probably be released seperatly to the Temperate ones as there is currently a lack of need for the desert camo, although i might not be able to release until an example model is out so i can figure out how to get the new animations look ok and i might actually be able to binarize my units without ARMA 2 crashing...

It is nice to see DPM in Chernarus. Are the features on the helmet going to change? The scrolled up arms of the smock is perhaps a bit too white but WTF am I talking about, it is only a WIP.

Well done mate, smart as feck!

Great news stalkergb :)

The more I look at these guys the more I'm impressed. The scrimed helmets are excellent.

Although I am a bit out of date on kit these days.I'm not sure about the newer s2k smock onwards but older versions (going off s95 stuff and older) the lower smock pockets should be a bit lower, I'd say the bottom of the pocket inline with the last buttonhole and also alot bigger. Big enough to get a 58 bottle in there :wink_o:

But with the beltkit/assault vest going over the top theres probably no need to change them.

I hope you can get these out to us sharpish mate, the yanks will need some help in chernarussia :eek:

PS. Tried em with M4's yet? could always throw me one armed with US weapon loadout for some exhaustive beta testing :D hehe

'ave a good 'un mate and keep up the slog :)

WT

Sod the M4's (and the bleeding LSW's), what they really need is a bayonet! :p

They seem decent to my untrained (and insomnia suffering) eye, one question though, is it a jacket they're wearing, not a large shirt?

It might be lack of sleep or simply the lack of fancey pouches and webbing over the front of it to make it a bit more bulky but as I don't have a sodding clue as to what reality is I'm none too fussed as it looks bleeding nice regardless.

Hello mate,

Good effort so far the only point I can pick up is on the smock. You've got press stud pockets when you need the Canadian style buttons, I've taken the liberty of taking some wonderful photos for you.

Also on the left sleeve you need the daft new tiny pocket with the Union Flag on it, it's supposed to be for an emergency strobe or some such thing but I find it keeps my lighter in nicely.

Front of the smock.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/Jonny_LI/DSC00308.jpg

Close up on smock buttons.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/Jonny_LI/DSC00309.jpg

And dodgy pocket on left sleeve.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r113/Jonny_LI/DSC00310.jpg

Hope that helps, any more questions feel free to ask.

Jonny

PS

As you've been told already by Redders, thats a remake of the old NBC/Bum roll, it's chad as f*ck so never put it on any of your models!

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

As a side note the pics you probably saw of the press studs are Para Smocks, which don't have hoods and are normally worn by Airborne Forces.

Cheers for all the kind comments and suggestions.

@Prydain, the helmet on the model in the pictures was intended for my sniper but as i'm only really editing the marksman at the moment I stuck it on to see what it looked like. All the other models don't have the scrim on the helmets. And the white inside to the smock has been made more green already, just didn't make it into these pics :)

@Jonny_LI, thanks for the pics, will get around to changing that, I have already done the normal maps for your lighter pocket, again the final result hadn't made it into these pictures.

@Whiskey Tango, yeah i know that the lower pockets could do with being lower but i ran into a bunch of UV problems (i'm not the best at UV mapping) so i moved them to where they are now to solve most of the issues i was having. Might have another go at lowering them though...

@Flufball, at certain angles, yes, it does look a bit like a shirt but i compared the bulkiness of my smock to my osprey model and they are about the same, it doesn't look too like a shirt when you are using them either :) hopefully with all the webbing it will look a bit more bulky too.

EDIT: Right just done a bit to the pocket on the left arm so Jonny_Li can put his lighter in it :) its not perfect but it'll do...

lighterpockets.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/DairyLee/lighterpocket.jpg Larger

Edited by STALKERGB
piccys :)

Looking mega there mate, cracking effort - it gives the impression that he's wearing his body drama under the smock which is what you were after.

If you need any other reference pictures just let me know, I can get photos of any issued or non issue kit you'd like.

If you need any other reference pictures just let me know, I can get photos of any issued or non issue kit you'd like.

Could you get me some pics of the issued antimicrobial undercrackers and an S10 ressie? If you could wear said items for 'reference scale' that'd be useful. :D

Anyways; looking good Stalker. Will be mega when you get some belt kit on. Looking forward to seeing more.

Could you get me some pics of the issued antimicrobial undercrackers and an S10 ressie? If you could wear said items for 'reference scale' that'd be useful. :D

Anyways; looking good Stalker. Will be mega when you get some belt kit on. Looking forward to seeing more.

You kinky sod, gaiters aswell?

Looking good Stalker, keep at it. Jonny, roll your hood properly, you hom! :D

I don't think you'll be doing the refrencing stalkerGB will be doing.

I now feel strangely dirty and have the urge to wash myself.

Right to get MehMan away from feeling dirty I'm gonna distract everyone with an update :)

The Beltkit is now on the units (or at least the ones that are using the new model, so thats the rifleman and marksman for now), the model is courtesy of Cougar so a big thanks to him, I only made small adjustments to it (added a bit to the back of the webbing, re-shaped it to fit my unit model). I have also added the new shaders to the webbing although i haven't done it in any real detail yet so will be going back over that at some point.

Although not much visually (except the beltkit) has changed i have been combining lots of textures to make things a little more efficient, trying to keep it a 1 a model but I don't think I will really ever achieve that.

The buttons on the smock have been changed (i hope Jonny_Li doesn't mind that i used the button from his pictures), the shaders have yet to be properly updated for the button though so it still looks like a large press stud.

Oh and the inside of the smock is greener now (think i already metioned that somewhere).

aweb3s.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/DairyLee/aweb3.jpg larger

aweb2s.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/DairyLee/aweb2.jpg larger

awebs.jpg

http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/DairyLee/aweb.jpg larger

Also here is a pic of the arm problem my units have when using a weapon with new animations, still don't really know what this is, had a look at the ARMA 2 selections and couldn't really see anything relating to the arms that was new or different. My units also have some issues with going up stairs or running around the LHD, only found out today, its like there is an invisible wall stopping them from moving past certain points (so halfway up some stairs i couldn't go any further or halfway along the LHD i would hit this invisible wall).

error.jpg

Anyway hope you guys like, right i'm off to finish the ARMA 2 campaign...

Edited by STALKERGB

Frakin' awesome! :D

These units look better than top notch. I'm going to stop looking at the screens now lest I short circuit my keyboard from drooling...

That guy should seriously get that arm checked out though, something's got to be broken. ;)

Looks great. I hope you'll sort out those problems. :thumbsup:

They look great so far to my untrained eye. Looking forward to using these on Chernarus, I'm getting tired of the USMC already!

How does the DPM look in Chernarus? If you have gotten to play about with them yet. I ask 'cos I find that the Russkies and other green clad soldiers tend to blend in quite well, either that or my eyes are failing me.

Keep up the cracking work.

[...]

Also here is a pic of the arm problem my units have when using a weapon with new animations, still don't really know what this is, had a look at the ARMA 2 selections and couldn't really see anything relating to the arms that was new or different. My units also have some issues with going up stairs or running around the LHD, only found out today, its like there is an invisible wall stopping them from moving past certain points (so halfway up some stairs i couldn't go any further or halfway along the LHD i would hit this invisible wall).

[imghttp://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m446/DairyLee/error.jpg[/img]

[...]

I've been having the same issue with my SAS Units. I'm hoping its simply a need for the units to be Binarized using the new Arma2-Binarize. I've implemented the new ArmA2 cfgmodels, as you have as well, with no change, so unless its actually a selection issue, or it is down to Binarize, remains to be seen. If you do find a fix, be sure to post it though ;)

With regard to the units getting stuck on the LHD, or on stairs, I haven't experienced that issue. Are you using the "new" ArmA2 Geometry LOD? Or are you still using the ArmA1 Geometry LOD?

Edited by Jackal326