Sign in to follow this  
159th_Viper

The Eagle (ArmA2) has Landed: 505/North America Territories, got yours yet?

So, again, has anyone used the 1.01 Final patch on this 505 1.01 beta release please?

Good luck getting that before Tuesday next week then ;)

It will be something like that for me. Bank Holiday here tomorrow and no post on Saturdays, sniff, sniff.

Well it looks like i'm off to Asda or Tesco at midnight tonite to get a copy of this game.

Kut...

awesome idea! i didnt think of that! beats getting up at 8:30 to b at game for 9. ill try that

So, again, has anyone used the 1.01 Final patch on this 505 1.01 beta release please?

No. Wait for the patch to be released for your version. Currently the 1.01 final says it is for the German version. It may work but then again some folk who installed it over the German version even had some 'issues'.

I think also that the patch has modifed Language.pbo's in it or something I recall when I installed over my German copy so may not be a good idea. Wait for official info from BI although they appear not to give much out officially until after the event.

Play.com shipped my copy as well, although i am a bit worried cause the shipping order doesn't display foreign letters "ø" and i got one of those in my name and address.

No worries about that, I've ordered several films on DVD from Play.com to my own address with a foreign (Swedish: ä) letter in it and I got them delivered just fine, and quite swiftly too.

Ordered mine from Amazon UK, not arrived yet. :(

Been dispatched though.

Edited by Simon C

Just use the beta! and then final when it arrives, chill your boots dude!

I'll have to wait at least a few days more.

I just pre-ordered the game. But the initial shipment won;t be enough to cover all the pre-orders. So it'll be sometime next week at the earliest.

pre-ordered from game after not taking a chance when amazon.co.uk said there might be a delay, ordered 17th at 4pm, sent out 18th about 11am so should be at mine for tomorrow morning.. good thing the postie delivers early

Apparently there's supply problems here in Sweden,Webhallen doesn't have it in any physical stores,online store and not even the supplier has it (WTF?),they only had about 20 some in one store which was bought up pretty quick.

Pretty damn bad release,use another damn supplier,not 505 Games,it's the same problem that was showing up with ArmA!

How does this work? cause you need a disc to play dont you? to stop the FADE protection?!:confused:

Not if its an 'official' digital d/load! :cool:

Ordered from game and sent yesterday to be delivered today .... but Parcel force (Parcel farce) seemed to have cocked up and cant track my delivery and nothings arrived.

:mad:

EDIT: Just arrived last moment of business day :)

Edited by mrcash2009

got message from amazon.uk, mine got dispatched today apparently midday :)

Not if its an 'official' digital d/load! :cool:

Oh ok, can this then be put onto disc for safe keeping?! Is it just an .exe file?

Apparently there's supply problems here in Sweden,Webhallen doesn't have it in any physical stores,online store and not even the supplier has it (WTF?),they only had about 20 some in one store which was bought up pretty quick.

Pretty damn bad release,use another damn supplier,not 505 Games,it's the same problem that was showing up with ArmA!

I took the train to Stockholm just to pick it up at Webhallen, I just got back. Midsummer without ArmA 2 would have sucked. I guess I can return the game I ordered on monday. According to them, there's no Swedish distributer for the game, so they had to import it from the UK, and they only got it today. This is probably why no other game store I called (about 5, in Uppsala) had even heard of the game.

I took the train to Stockholm just to pick it up at Webhallen, I just got back. Midsummer without ArmA 2 would have sucked. I guess I can return the game I ordered on monday. According to them, there's no Swedish distributer for the game, so they had to import it from the UK, and they only got it today. This is probably why no other game store I called (about 5, in Uppsala) had even heard of the game.

strange, when i looked half an hour ago it was 6 arma II in stock in stockholm. and mine seemes to be otw. but i preordered

Maybe I should have clarified, I did manage to get ahold of the game. :)

I'm currently downloading from Nexway. The game is huge from what I can tell. Will take a few hours to download but I'll finally be able to check out what Arma 2 is all about. One thing I'll have to point. I wasn't quite sure if Arma 2 was worth buying as last time I played a Bohemia game was quite a long time ago. I also know usually their games are a bit buggy on release and Arma 2 doesn't seam to be the exception. At least they have a reputation of fixing their games with patches. So what made me invest was the price. Had the game been 20 euros more expensive and I wouldn't have bought it.

This just serves to say that pricing is very important, specially if you're trying to increase your fan base so that on future releases people will be willing to buy your game. This is specially important this year with a clear competitive product coming from Codemasters (OFP2).

Maybe I should have clarified, I did manage to get ahold of the game. :)

ohh, sorry didnt get that :)

Bah, my retailer said they'll get it in the two weeks range. add to that two days of registered mail. oh well, maybe I'll have a demo to play with, and there's PR and DH meanwhile, maybe even AA3 if they get their servers working sometime in the current millenia.