Sign in to follow this  
159th_Viper

The Eagle (ArmA2) has Landed: 505/North America Territories, got yours yet?

Anyone able to confirm if the infinite terrain solution that was talked about is there out-of-the-box?

i'd assume so, as it's there in the german version. Bad news is it looks a bit rubbish, good news is it allows maps that arnt islands, so i think its ok. -- might have been nice to make that land dark green though so it fits a little better.

i'd assume so, as it's there in the german version. Bad news is it looks a bit rubbish, good news is it allows maps that arnt islands, so i think its ok. -- might have been nice to make that land dark green though so it fits a little better.

That's not what I meant. That was a placeholder in the German version. BIS and 505 Games had talked often of a way of making the infinite terrain better than it already is. I didn't expect for it to be introduced with the 505 Games retail release, rather a patch after it.

So the 505 is 1.01 Beta. You guys install the Final. ;)

Hi all

If you check the infinite land thread you will see SumA said that the intention is to patch it and improve it at a later date.

Yes. This is exactly what our Linda system does. Reconstructing tree structure in 3D with enough detail (even with a good photoreference, which hard to get or shoot) is a task very hard for human.

While procedural terrain generation did not get that much effort of researchers as plants did, still I think there will be a significant progress in this area in the years to com, especially in the area of inhabited area development simulation (such simulation is important not only for entertainment, but also for community, urban or social predictions and development plans).

Infinite land will be basically empty, no roads, no buildings, no plants, only hills and grass in ArmA 2. Futhermore, while the technology for infinite terrain is "almost ready" and result look very good, we experienced some minor issues with it and we had to disable it before finalizing German master, therefore you will not see it in the first release of the game. Unless something unexpected happens, you should get in a patch sometimes later, though.

Quoted from page 10 of the ArmA II's infinite land thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=72979&page=10

We should perhaps continue any discussion of infinite land there. ;)

Kind Regards walker

Like i said its the 1.01Beta and that doesnt have fixed infinite land. I dont know about the Final, but i didnt hear that its in there either. Havent even heard it to be in the 1.02.

Just have patience and enjoy the WHOLE map first wich should render month's of fun before even looking outside of it.

Well I got mine this morning

I'm running

Q6600 @2.4ghz

4GB ram @ 667mhz

4850 overclocked @ 700/993

Creative xi-fi Music/Gamer

I ran the game at 1280x1024, everything on high but I put post proc at low and everything seems fine a steady 30+ fps I'm getting, when you go into town though It can go down a bit but its not life threatening :D

Also I hate the controls I don't even know how to use the scope on a sniper, I'm gonna have to do some serious re-mapping later on

I don't even know how to use the scope on a sniper,

Right Mouse Button ?

Got mine delivered by the postie just before lunchtime.

Nearly installed...

So do we definitely need the patch or not? Has anyone tried patching with 1.01 final German?

P

This what Zavvi had to say :

We despatch goods as soon as they arrive at our warehouse from the supplier and always try our best to send out and deliver pre-order items as close to the release date as possible. Unfortunately on this occasion ARMA 2 [PC] will not be with you for the release date as the manufacturer has delayed delivery of this item at the moment.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

:(

Sooooo, I was hoping the game would be available for download like the German version is. Is this not the case?

I believe it'll be available for download on the 26th, tvorm.

No go for me here in Sweden yet - My bet is on monday at the earliest.

do you think it will be in the shops today (such as game) or is it just the pre orders from the post that will receive them a day early?

Yeah mine just landed on my door mat and is installing right now.

Curious as to where this pre order PDF map is now though, any one shed any light on that one?

Just got mine too, thing is i've installed it and i double click the arma 2 icon and wait for disk to be checked and it appears as if the game is about to start up it goes into fullscreen and goes black and gives me a crash to desktop then gives me an error "error creating direct 3d 9 graphical engine".

Webhallen?

Webhallen sent mine today, so I should have it tomorrow.

Can anyone confirm what copy protection the 505 release uses, by the way? I hope it's not some "5-activations only" limit, that'd be awful.

Just got mine too, thing is i've installed it and i double click the arma 2 icon and wait for disk to be checked and it appears as if the game is about to start up it goes into fullscreen and goes black and gives me a crash to desktop then gives me an error "error creating direct 3d 9 graphical engine".

Reboot. I had this too initially when I installed the German version.

Just recieved my copy from Game @ 13.05 hrs. Huzzah!

Time to crack open a cold beer and instal. I am quite impressed with the DVD rom case artwork by the way, I quite like it.

Hope to see you all online soon!

so this UK version is the same as the german version but with the beta patch already applied?

damn... i should have just got the downloadable jerry one

Re-install DirectX?

Should be on the DVD

Or check graphics card drivers.

Check in "Troubleshooting" section.