Sign in to follow this  
diveplane

cam scripts?

anyone creating a nice decent camera script for AA2

possibly for mp and single player would be great.

flyby cam view all units /free look cam for spectate mode.

I've got something that could be adapted if you're interested. Its no Kegetys spectator script but its ArmA2 compatible and should work in MP and SP.

Here's the various camera modes:

1. First person;

2. Top down;

3. Front side;

4. 3rd person; and

5. Free cam

May bide you over until Kegs updates his scripts.

Simple Spectator Script

Download

http://norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/spectate/Spectate.utes.rar

To implement put in the init line of the unit:

nul = []execVM "NORRN_spectate\init_specCam.sqf";

Key Bindings

W/S keys - next/previous camera

A/D keys - next/previous unit

N - toggles night vision

In "Free camera" mode

Right mouse click on the screen and the camera will rotate, move up and down etc (many thanks to the boys at OFPEC for providing this function).

Mouse wheel -zoom in/out

This camera mode takes a little getting used to but you'll master it fairly quickly

Known Issues

Sometimes the W/S and A/D keys start going crazy - you'll see what I mean - if this happens use the pull down menus at the top to select camera and followed unit and it will work OK

Night vision does not work in 1st or 3rd person mode.

You need to have the interface size set to normal otherwise the camera dialog won't be correctly positioned on the screen.

Thanks

To Kegetys the "Master of the Spectator Script". OFPEC for allowing me to use their free camera code and Xeno who has helped my scripting enormously.

EDIT: File updated to allow spectating of units in vehicles

Edited by norrin

this script is not bad however if the dev team could implement somthing to this effect.

still no static free cam though in this script.

not unless someone can create or tweak this one, i also do not like the black border

on this script if this could be removed.

this script is not bad

Wow a back handed compliment if I ever saw one :)

The borders round the camera can be removed from the bottom very easily and the top border can be made much smaller. Also its not hard to add a static cam and maybe I'll also add a seagull cam that you can fly around the map (much like Kegs script). However this is not high on my list of priorities as if Kegetys releases an updated version of his spectate script this script will become redundant very quickly.

cool hope you do a version asap. aa2 needs this, a decent cam system

can you edit it also so the player can move around while switching cameras.

Edited by diveplane

Hello,

at the beginning of Arma1 I had started the project "XCam2" for Arma

(Some of you may know the Xcam for OFP), but a little bit later I have

terminated this project, cause I did not had enough time left :(

Now I'm working on DAC 2.1 and I need urgently such a tool.

So I have re-activated this old project and I hope some day after

the release of DAC 2.1, I can also release this little helper :)

The picture below shows an early version:

xcam.jpg

I hope u like it.

Greeting

Silola

can all the side screens be hidden though?

hot key switching would be good.

Really nice Silola. Looking forward to it :)

In Mp has several problems and crach the computer every time.

The list of targets is every time reloading and is impossible can select one.

Hello,

I made a free camra script. Camera addon for arma is rewritten for arma2.

It is composed of the script as well as the norrin's camera script, and can be used at once in the mission editor. (It doesn't have the form of addon)

Download GCam1.0

gcam01s.jpggcam02s.jpg

Is there a way to fire this script so that only a server admin has the actions added?

Alternatively, is there a way to password it?

As a last resort, rather than applying it to a person, a way to simply add it to a building so that a spectator has to be near the building/object in order to obtain the actions?

I tried a search but couldn't really come up with much...

Is there a way to fire this script so that only a server admin has the actions added?
If there is a command which judges whether a player is admin, It can make it. But, I do not grasp such a command.
Alternatively, is there a way to password it?
Probably it can be attained technically. A password attestation script is created and camera is launched from there.

As a procedure,

Characters input dialog and keystroke event handler are treated, and the dialog which enters password is created.

It judges whether it is in agreement with the character which setup beforehand the character inputted by player, and camera is launched only when in agreement.

This system is complicated, and by the time it is completed, it will need many work.

As a last resort, rather than applying it to a person, a way to simply add it to a building so that a spectator has to be near the building/object in order to obtain the actions?
This method could be attained more simply :)

A trigger is put on the area which adds action to a player.

in init.sqf

player_in = false;

The placed trigger: On Act.

if (!player_in) then { actid1 = player addaction [ "Launch GCam", "gcam_follow.sqf", [player] ] }; player_in = true;

The placed trigger: On Dea.

player removeAction actid1; player_in = false;

If a player trespasses upon a trigger area action will be added, and action will be lost if it comes out from the area.

Hello,

It is composed of the script as well as the norrin's camera script, and can be used at once in the mission editor. (It doesn't have the form of addon)

Download GCam1.0

gcam01s.jpggcam02s.jpg

trying it out thx

Gigan, it looks great, but I keep getting this weird error message, which looks something like

"No entry <my mission directory>\description.ext/GCamMapControlBase/Task.iconCreated"

I cannot find Task.iconCreated, or what calls for Task.iconCreated. I have included gcam_component.hpp, and otherwise can't find anything wrong with gcam_component.hpp. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by DasGuntLord01

there's a working missile camera in my ported version of evolution - actions/miscam.sqf - that works quite well - might be useful if youre making movies

// missile camera mode
_unit = _this select 0;
_type = _this select 1;
_pos = [0,0,0];

//if (_type != "Bo_GBU12_LGB" and _type != "M_Sidewinder_AA" and _type != "M_Hellfire_AT" and _type != "M_Maverick_AT" and _type != "M_Vikhr_AT" and _type != "M_Ch29_AT" and _type != "M_R73_AA") exitwith {};

if (_type != "Bo_GBU12_LGB" and _type != "Bo_GBU12_LGB_F35" and _type != "Bo_FAB_250" and _type != "Bo_Mk82" and _type != "M_Sidewinder_AA" and _type != "M_Sidewinder_AA_F35" and _type != "M_Strela_AA" and _type != "M_Igla_AA" and _type != "M_Stinger_AA" and _type != "M_AT2_AT" and _type != "M_AT6_AT" and _type != "M_AT9_AT" and _type != "M_AT5_AT" and _type != "M_AT10_AT" and _type != "M_AT11_AT" and _type != "M_AT13_AT" and _type != "M_TOW_AT" and _type != "M_TOW2_AT" and _type != "M_Hellfire_AT" and _type != "M_Maverick_AT" and _type != "M_Vikhr_AT" and _type != "M_Ch29_AT" and _type != "M_R73_AA" and _type != "M_9M311_AA") exitwith {};

if ((date select 3) < 4 or (date select 3) > 20) then {camUseNVG true} else {camUseNVG false};

/*
BombLauncher
BombLauncherA10
Bo_GBU12_LGB

BombLauncherF35
Bo_GBU12_LGB_F35

HeliBombLauncher
AirBombLauncher
Bo_FAB_250

Mk82BombLauncher
Mk82BombLauncher_6
Bo_Mk82

57mmLauncher
57mmLauncher_64
57mmLauncher_128
R_57mm_HE

80mmLauncher
S8Launcher
R_80mm_HE

40Rnd_GRAD
R_GRAD

40Rnd_S8T
R_S8T_AT

14Rnd_FFAR
R_Hydra_HE

SidewinderLaucher
SidewinderLaucher_F35
SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z

M_Sidewinder_AA
M_Sidewinder_AA_F35

M_Strela_AA
M_Igla_AA

StingerLaucher
StingerLauncher_twice
AALauncher_twice
M_Stinger_AA

AT5Launcher
AT5LauncherSingle
AT10LauncherSingle
AT11LauncherSingle
AT13LauncherSingle
2A70Rocket
2A46MRocket
AT6Launcher
AT9Launcher
AT2Launcher

M_AT2_AT
M_AT6_AT
M_AT9_AT

M_AT5_AT
M_AT10_AT
M_AT11_AT
M_AT13_AT

TOWLauncher
TOWLauncherSingle

M_TOW_AT
M_TOW2_AT

HellfireLauncher
M_Hellfire_AT

MaverickLauncher
M_Maverick_AT

R73Launcher
M_R73_AA

Ch29Launcher
Ch29Launcher_Su34
M_Ch29_AT

9M311Laucher
M_9M311_AA

VikhrLauncher
M_Vikhr_AT

M_Javelin_AT
*/

_hud = false;
_hud = createDialog "RscMisCam";

_disp = findDisplay 50001;
_disp displaySetEventHandler["KeyDown", "camdestroy _cam;closeDialog 0;player cameraEffect [""terminate"",""back""]"];
//_disp displaySetEventHandler["KeyDown", "titleText [""Press ESC to exit"", ""PLAIN DOWN"",0.2];"];

_missile = nearestObject[_this select 0,_this select 1];
_cam = "camera" camCreate [5329.34,6652.10,1.28];
_cam cameraEffect ["internal","front"];
_cam camSetTarget _missile;
_cam camSetRelPos [2,2,2];
_cam camSetFOV 1.0;
showCinemaBorder false;
_cam camCommit 0;

for [{_loop=0}, {_loop<1}, {_loop=_loop}] do
{	
if(not (isNull _missile)) then
{
	_cam camSetTarget _missile;
	_cam camSetRelPos [0,-2,0.7];
	_cam camCommit 0;
	_pos = position _missile;
};
if (isNull _missile or not dialog) then {_loop=1;};
sleep 0.01;
};
if (not dialog) exitwith  {camUseNVG false;camdestroy _cam;player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"]};

if(_type == "Bo_GBU12_LGB" || _type == "Bo_GBU12_LGB_F35" || _type == "Bo_FAB_250" || _type == "Bo_Mk82") then
{
_base = "HeliHEmpty" createVehicleLocal _pos;
_cam camSetTarget _base;
_cam camSetRelPos [0.0,0.0,100.0];
_cam camCommit 1;
sleep 2.01;
};

sleep 2.01;
deleteVehicle _base;
camUseNVG false;
camdestroy _cam;
closeDialog 0;
player cameraEffect ["terminate","back"];

mission is here:

http://91.192.210.5/gits/Arma/

Hello,

Download GCam1.0

gcam01s.jpggcam02s.jpg

hi

How to put as addon to make it work in mp?

thank you

Edited by Voodoonice

To implement put in the init line of the unit:

nul = []execVM "NORRN_spectate\init_specCam.sqf";

I sure miss Kegetys Spectator script but this one will do nicely if I could only figure out how to implement it when all the playable units have been respawned into and no more respawns are available after you die. I use respawn=4 in my coop missions and taskmaster by Shuko to make JIP friendly briefs. Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

GCam works very well. I am impressed with it and have asked Gigan many months ago to use his GCam in the LostKey mod. I also work on Kegetys Spectator script. We have that version in LostKey and are upating that soon. Also in the F2 Framework you will find the latest versions of Kegetys Spectator script as well. Norrin has assisted in all of this projects in the past. Kegs Spectator script is not dead.

Edited by ViperMaul

how do i configure norrins spectate to fire up only for the unit who is killed when he is killed ...

nul = []execVM "NORRN_spectate\init_specCam.sqf"; in units init fires the script immediatley

have tried adding condition not alive p1 to a trigger

on activation

nul = [p1]execVM "NORRN_spectate\init_specCam.sqf";

but all players switch to spectate mode ... any help would be great ..

best wishes

What are the chances a scripting noob can convert Gigan's script to an Arma 1 version? I desperately need the new abilities he's added to the Arma 2 version. Specifically, the ability to quickly switch camera targets using keys amongst the various soldiers and vehicles on the field.

I tried Kegety's Spectating Script (which has this ability) but it obviously is not as full-featured as Gigan's camera script.

@Gigan, your camera script is awesome. I use it religiously for movie-making in Arma 1. I'm sure your GCam will be great for A2 movies. Thanks for your work!

@DesertJedi

Thanks for your use my camera addon in ARMA1 :D

There is a camera script for ARMA2.

GCam 1.12

Armaholic

Armedassault.info

gcam11201.th.jpggcam11202.th.jpg

Main bugs were exterminated by ver1.12 and this camera development progressed to the level which does not have a problem in using this camera. GCam will be able to be used conveniently.

Install

1. gcam_component.hpp and gcam.sqf or gcam_auto.sqf are put on the same directory in a mission folder.

2. A empty description.ext is created and #include "gcam_component.hpp" is written.

3. handle = [ Unit ] execVM "gcam(_auto).sqf"; is written and GCam performed.