Sign in to follow this  
Litos

Can anyone recommend me a good server/community to play with?

Well since I'm very new to the series, but I've been looking for a game where people use teamwork+tactics online, sort of like Project Reality (which stopped working for me), except I don't think going in multiplayer and joining a random server will work well.

Can anyone recommend me good servers, or a community that will setup their servers there? Someone who won't get mad over that I'm new and might take a few days to get used to thinking a lot in a game, using army terms, etc.

Just dont wanna play multiplayer with blind eyes, you know.

Cheers-

I enjoy playing on the Germany Fun servers. Great fun over there.

Hi Litos

First questions to ask your self are:

Where do you live?

Where is the server based?

The nearer the server to you the better your connection. Choosing a country with the same language helps.

In the section of the forum linked here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

...there are a whole bunch of clans listed more will be added after the 505 release and even more with the US. Transferring over from ArmA I to ArmA II will take a few weeks, so a little patience is in order. Many like Zeus are buying a whole new top of the range server for ArmA II. Most of the clans in the ArmA I server community have some form of switch over plan visit their web sites to get an idea of when they will be changed over.

http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64&order=desc

Many clans do not even bother to list them selves as they are full. :(

Some clans are invitation only. Most clans now run a public server as their recruitment tool, this allows them to weed out the numpties and train potential recruits in their ethos. Such servers may run classes in tactics. For the bigger clans personal invite and filling in an application form is your only way in.

Some of the clans are very big with 100s of members and run multiple servers, others are close knit groups of 15 to to 20 and then there are a fare number in the 20 to 70 range.

I can tell you that Shack Tactical are very formal as are International Conflict, they have ranks and the whole caboodle.

Tactical Gamer are good as are Kelly's Heroes, GOL, CIA, 6th sense, Zeus, some of the older clans may be reopening to new members for ArmA II.

Once the new Zeus server is up I was talking with members about maybe running some tactical training on none clan days.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker
form NOT FOR!

Thanks. I wasnt exactly asking for a clan to be in, but more like a community to play with, but I guess that'd be best described as a clan.

I'll take a look, thanks again.

Cheers

Take a look at www.arma-tow.com

Great bunch of guys, international following.

Fun to have a squad with 2 yanks, 1 Brit, 1 Danish fella and a few Swedish.

They play weekly big oganised battles.

Not a 'clan'. Many members of the community also play elsewhere when we're not playing ATOW.

I'm in a similiar situation in that i haven't played OFP in YEARS! Will play some ArmA 2 campaign/solo to get the hang of things again, in the meantime any server invites etc welcome.

I'm, a UK player played OFP for several years but RL got/gets in the way of my playtime, so looking for some server advice, just to be able to join in and have a bit of fun now and again when i get the time. Don't think i'd be looking for a serious clan/squad as i doubt i'd have the time.

Cheers, HK

I've been playing with the 3ID guys. Fun group.

http://www.3rdinf-hq.com

Thanks I'll take a look. Looks interesting.

Take a look at www.arma-tow.com

Great bunch of guys, international following.

Fun to have a squad with 2 yanks, 1 Brit, 1 Danish fella and a few Swedish.

They play weekly big oganised battles.

Not a 'clan'. Many members of the community also play elsewhere when we're not playing ATOW.

Heard of them before. Sounds nice! Thanks.

By the way, I'm hoping to get some training with the game in multiplayer, not single player. I gotta practice things such as flying aircraft... I enjoy flying helicopters, I actually want to become a trained transport helicopter pilot in ArmA 2. Learning to fly jets would also be great though.

Edit: Hmm, now I seem to be debating between AToW, GOL and SW. I'll probably try out for GOL (as soon as I get ArmA 2), if they won't take me I'll try AToW.

Edited by Litos